A tale and opinions of „the feared“ invitation

"
Bärenpower wrote:
Giant Texzt

It must be the game not my ''skillz'' is what you just said basically.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Bärenpower wrote:
thank you vennto for the answer. you made a freaking amount of ex that i would never reach. for me 120 ex is very much. that amulet i received from aul is very expenisve as well, at least for me and my friends.

dont you think its bad design, when I am able to defeat every boss alone but dont able to defeat them at the same time? its like you are punished for the build you play. the main defense source while Im mapping is stun. you can totally forget that in this endgame fights.
youre right with my build isnt suited for that. If I dont leech I am not stun and bleed immune. So I cant dodge for a long time, I need to attack

@Elua
I thought about making a different character for this encounter like the build you mentioned but for me its just make no sense. Like I said I can do everything with that char, except the feared. Its just feels bad to create something else just for this encounter

Mathil beat her with janky cheap gear/cyclone. But totems did the actual work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ORrdOl8a7w&t=103s

Like usual totems, minions, and other fire and forget stuff helps make boss fights easier because you can move and dodge while still DPSing them down. Pure melee, channel caster, or anything else you are stationary or in one place to DPS requires bazillions in gear to survive hits and still do tens of millions DPS. Good luck with that...most of us don't get 500ex in a season.

If bossing is your goal you should only play summoners. Game is just imbalanced like that. It is what it is.

Some will say it's learn to play issue but they are talking out of their you know what. It's a learn to play boss meta issue.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 7, 2021, 12:04:26 PM
Make a build op and go in!
I agree with the OP that the fight is badly designed.

All the things he has done deathless I have never managed. I barely beat uber atziri, shaper killed me three times in that first encounter because I generally suck at manual dodging and while the other bosses I could do without dying I generally never expected to beat the feared. I was contemplating asking for a carry but decided against it out of principle and build up my character before attempting.

Two days ago after a few too many beers I just yolo'd in to the fight anyway and managed to clear it, dying less to all 5 than I did to the shaper on his own..

If I stretch it my build is worth maybe 60 ex but I play arc totems so I can move while still dps'ing..

The skill tree in this game is the stuff of legends. The amount of active skills is insane. On paper this game has thousands upon thousands of possible builds. It is just a shame that they add all this content to the game that just can't be done with 99% of those.

I don't think every single mishmash of skills should be capable of doing this but if 120 ex in a cohesive build that can do all end game bosses and a ton of experience isn't enough then there is an issue there as far as I am concerned.

There is a reason why the meta of this game is built entirely on builds that can deal dps without standing still. It is a huge trend and somehow they should attempt to make stand still to dps builds more balanced.

As for the cost of the encounter. They should really add maven to zana missions so at least the few cortexes you get that way count for the encounter.
Thanks to Impiousbe and Cataca. I agree you guys. I thought last 2 days about starting another character but I just dont want to. It just feels wrong. If my char wouldnt be able to deal with sirus and maven I would say fine, I failed with my build.

I dont think they will adjust anything of this fight. Since their are bugs for years now and they keep throwing content after content into the game. The feared invitation is not my only problem I have since a few leagues with the game but thats not the topic here.

I really hoped for some hipster builds here that give me some awesome tips.

What do you guys think about this encounter in general? Is it good or bad for the game and if there is something you would like to change about it, what would it be?
@Aim_Deep thanks for the link. his fight is freaking chaotic. I think I couldnt do anything if 3 bosses are out their at the same time. I wont start a summoner, but thanks anyway for your tip. I never needed to do that and I really like to play melee. Like I said before I will just leave for now and I think I do skip the next one. The maven, the hidden and the feared are encounters I really dont like. In addtion to that the maven will annoy us for now every single league in every single map. I´ve had enough of her talking now.
As a softcore trade, stationary caster player, I loved all content released this league especially the Maven mechanic/fight and the really tough invitations. It’s great that you can progress both Sirus & Maven at the same time, and super awesome that you can bank Maven writs and farm repeatedly. I hope they continue to release challenging content like this in the future.

As for The Feared, you have to try it if you are an endgame player. It’s fun, chaotic, and brutal. I like that part about it, however the rewards for this fight should be higher than the easier elder/shaper guardian invitations since the fight is way harder and the investment to get there is also very high. It doesn’t feel worth it to fight The Feared more than one time unless you just happen upon witnessing the 5 bosses through organic play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info