A tale and opinions of „the feared“ invitation

You are doing it wrong, you should be picking a meta skill and playing it in a meta way then telling everyone not using them how much better you are than them when they complain.

Mild sarcasm aside if you give yourself a goal like using heavy strike for a fight like the feared you are going to struggle, because the gap between heavy strike and skills people power through content with is enormous.

It isn't enormous in terms of damage, its enormous in terms of playability.

The feared itself is an attempt to give extremely high end players something to flex about, and it achieves that goal but in terms of fight design its actually lazy because the conflation of boss abilities squeezes so many options out of the encounter that it isn't worth really focusing on as a piece of content.

They could have gone for an interesting spin like you have to survive for 2 minutes but can't actually kill them but GGG is fairly stuck in encounter rut of big boss you insta kill with girthier DPS. Simulacrum is about their only foray into none traditional format boss content and that's a year old now.

tldr: you won't kill it without huge dps using a strike skill unless your defenses are actually legendary
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Mar 6, 2021, 10:36:54 AM
"
Bärenpower wrote:

dont you think its bad design, when I am able to defeat every boss alone but dont able to defeat them at the same time? its like you are punished for the build you play.

That is a fairly difficult question. Let's take shaper as a boss for example. As mentioned earlier, I am mechanically quite good. I could probably beat shaper without any sort of defenses as long as I survive his basic auto attacks. Same goes for Sirus, as well as Uber Atziri. The way I understand those fights is that you are not supposed to get hit by their deadly skills anyway, as they are Shaper Slam, his Beam, Atziris flame blasts (yes, you can even dodge the normal ones if u are quick) etc. Having roughly the same area size but 5 times the effects that becomes fairly impossible, which means the dynamic changes: In term of game design the Single Boss fight would be considered a skill test while the Maven Feared would be a gear test. And, let's be serious here: to defeat 5 of the endgame bosses with an additional one you cannot even target from maven is really a very hard challenge.

Nothing against your 120ex - it's tons of money, there are plenty of people who cannot generate a fraction of it - but as I see the feared invitation it's the new pinnacle of the game and should be only beateable by the best of the best. So I really don't think it's that big of a deal, especially facing the fact that nome of the drops there are exclusive.
"
Bärenpower wrote:
cut

I get you, had the same comments from people in my friendlist that dropped from the league. Encounters at their first introduction like maven/feared (and first patch UE for example) are deffo not tuned for the normal builds. In the next patches these will be tuned down (less dmg) + builds will be powercreeped and bosses will become easier

If you write it in these boards somebody playing broken cheese will inevitably come to try to tell you that it is so easy and you are doing it wrong.

But the truth is that there is so many people dropping at 1-2 weeks because they are not here to powerplay stuff told by somebody else and just don't care and leave.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
You are doing it wrong, you should be picking a meta skill and playing it in a meta way then telling everyone not using them how much better you are than them when they complain.

Exactly it's OP fault that he played the 95% wrong part of the game. How dare he have years experience, cash sunk, multiple 100 chars and come here to say his opinion he must be the noob.

/s

"
Draegnarrr wrote:

The feared itself is an attempt to give extremely high end players something to flex about, and it achieves that goal but in terms of fight design its actually lazy because the conflation of boss abilities squeezes so many options out of the encounter that it isn't worth really focusing on as a piece of content.

tldr: you won't kill it without huge dps using a strike skill unless your defenses are actually legendary

I did do it with i think 10-15mil HS, it was on the 6th portal.

The bosses in the feared (like the standalone versions) are definitely not tuned for strike builds while these become 10 times easier when you can spam 1 button at range. Like so much stuff becomes harmless when your char just moves around, it is still stupid design (move = take 0 damage) just with added steps.

Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 6, 2021, 1:06:53 PM
But how would you dodge ability without moving tho ?
I mean if boss where just a standstill experience it wont be better eitheir.

I think maybe the solution would be to make strike and self cast skill that are actually the worse way of "playing while moving" (channeling too actually) to be able to be used while moving like the skill goes off but you still move somehow.
That would be fun maybe but doable ? idk
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
"
Arcanist_ wrote:
But how would you dodge ability without moving tho ?
I mean if boss where just a standstill experience it wont be better eitheir.

I think maybe the solution would be to make strike and self cast skill that are actually the worse way of "playing while moving" (channeling too actually) to be able to be used while moving like the skill goes off but you still move somehow.
That would be fun maybe but doable ? idk

Right now you can burst down all bosses feared included with a wand/bow/spell from range (provided you can throw enough ex or cheese at it).

But the problem is if a char at strike range should be able to do a standstill or should easily die from multi aoe spam like it does now
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 6, 2021, 2:31:26 PM
"
Bärenpower wrote:
"
You know I really could make fun of you I legit could but that's no fun but if you think it takes 1 mirror worth of gear to do this fight that's a learn two play issue.

well another lazy answer. to bad. why dont you just answer my questions? if you want to tell me how bad I am then just dont reply.

he literally has to give his two cents on every thread that has ever been made on this forum. pay no mind.
I made a thread complaining about the Cortex bottleneck but the more I think about it the more I think it's best that the average rewards for the fight stay low if not cheesing witness in groups. It gives meta builds a huge advantage to be able to farm this, especially early league. Keep it crummy so that the plebs don't fall so far behind.
"
DiabloImmoral wrote:
I made a thread complaining about the Cortex bottleneck but the more I think about it the more I think it's best that the average rewards for the fight stay low if not cheesing witness in groups. It gives meta builds a huge advantage to be able to farm this, especially early league. Keep it crummy so that the plebs don't fall so far behind.

U don't need to play necessarily meta. My build is quite off meta, only 4% of Pathfinders so that's what, 0.2% of all players? U need to be able to throw enough ex on a build. With enough currency everything is possible.
transcendence is pretty meta but the rest of your stuffs fruity AF and pestilent strike? definitely get a pass from me the gears lovely though, total dedication.
Last edited by brunowa on Mar 6, 2021, 5:46:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info