0.9.9 Patch Notes

"
ualac wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Magic items were dropping about 2.5x as often as we intended them to! The item progression feels a lot better now. They sell for more in the vendors too.

if there's less magic items dropping, wouldnt that indirectly effect the number of items that could have been 'upgraded' via/ item rarity to rare or unique?
No, because assuming that the system works by upgrading magics (I don't know, personally), the upgrade chances would be increased proportionately to get the same overall chances of rare/unique as before.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
I've only been playing for like a week and already i can sense a game where the developers really care about there product. Keep up the amazing work guys and I'm super stoked for the new patch!
"
Vaphobos wrote:
I am really disappointed with this patch because of the legacy migration and other points that I'm going to explain.

Now there is usually 500-800 players on POE, I remember not so long ago, it was 1600. O_o maybe a problem...

With the legacy migration, if I choose to continue to play my lvl 75 Witch, I will have no friends to play with because most of them will do a new character in the f****** new default league.
And if I choose to make a new character it will be again hundreds of hours to get a decent gear.

I dislike the new patch, there is a ton of (useless) things but not really fun things or expected things. I know that most of the disappointed players won't take the time to explain why they will play D3 but I'm going to do it :

The totem/trap system sucks a bit because it makes you more passive/immovable. I remember the D2 assassin and it was not fun at all.

About bugs : you said nothing about the server problem (difficult to reconnect after a crash) which is really SUPER annoying. Does it mean you did nothing to solve it ??? And what about the bugged instance (blocked at loading screen when changing instances) ? Nothing...

Nothing new about the boring random orb system : still need 300 fusings and jewelers to craft a 6 linked armor, yeah thousands of hours wasted......
Without a 6 linked, I canno't try new strategies, skill combo which is fun. Damn the f***** limit of 3 sockets per wand.

Nothing new about maelstrom of chaos... the funniest part of the game...
And you gain less experience with a full party... yeah thousands of hours to go to lvl 76...

Where is the new trading system ? Still need to loose time to party, go to mud flat, drop things on the floor....

I am wondering, are you listening to the community ?

The only cool new thing is the behaviour of monster. They were totally dumb, now they will be super badass and kill us very often... yeah hundreds of hours per death wasted in merciless.

Some ideas for the next patch :

New items

New spells gem for the witch

A new element : air

More minions with good IQ / that you can control

Improvement for Maelstrom of chaos : surprise after a special path, labyrinth. Hidden treasures, secret keys, etc.

Not sure if serious or massive troll
What's maelstrom of chaos?
A temporary end game zone put in as a placeholder until they put in the real end game
Awesome patch but I've given up playing till theres a fix for the creative/blue screen bug :(
Remember, moderators on this forum get their feelings hurt VERY easily and will use any excuse to edit your post. Don't say anything that might upset them or they'll cry and throw a temper tantrum. This of course proves you were right and that they can't take it.
Thanks for the clarification Chris!
Well done guys :) cant wait... but.. i have to :@

now to sell all my rare items so i don't end up with 20x withdraw only stash pages in legacy lawl!
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
Last edited by davros70 on May 8, 2012, 1:03:32 AM
Simply awesome patch!

I did have one question though: Would it be possible to make the new totem support compatible with dexterity projectile skill gems (i.e poison arrow, etc...) for some Indiana Jones style shenanigans?
Zed's dead baby. Zed's Dead.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/35331

^ Take a look at GGG's new youtube segment which, features submitted player characters. This is a weekly segment where I was actually featured!!!
Fantastic, but no AI or GUI updates for minions makes me a sad necromancer.

:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info