[3.15] CI Int Stack Deadeye Elemental Bow | Barrage + Ice Shot / Lighting Arrow / Tornado Shot

3.14 / 3.15 notes, general build idea still works but damage is about half or so, not worth investment to play. Loss of Chainbreaker in 3.14 and overall nerfs in 3.15 would make me more inclined to go back to Dex Stack and just have 2k life:

Spoiler

3.15 changes:
-Cold Conduction cluster notable changed, no more power charge generation. Will have to get power charges from Crusader Power Charge on Crit mod or Power Charge on Crit support gem. Another option is to run skitterbots over Herald or Ice with a lower level precision / another enlighten, more reduced reservation from tree, helmet enchant with less reservation.

-Nerfs to support gems, slight buff to barrage / lightning arrow but does very little

-Nerfs to mana multipliers, not really an issue for this build as long as you are doing damage

-Heavy flask nerfs, though legacy flasks still exist outside of Diamond flask. Hard to rely on Dying Sun for fire res now.

-Very few synth bows available due to less synth from Harvest and less players in general.

3.14 changes:
-Chainbreaker dead, rage cost is too high

-Frost Bomb Exposure Nerf from 25% to 15%

-Snowstorm Cluster Jewel down from 10% to 8%

-Harvest nerfs not too bad in terms of gear

A9 Sirus
Cortex
T16 Oshabi 59% more life

Introduction:

I have been receiving a lot of messages in game regarding this build so I figured I would post some general info for what the build needs and different options depending on how you want to play. I always enjoyed bow builds but after the dex stacking nerfs it was hard to play the build while having more than 2.5-3k life. This build follows the standard elemental bow build template but stacks intelligence with chaos inoculation to have decent ES along with solid damage. I’m still trying a lot of things out in build so things may change as I change gear around. I would say this is more some of my thoughts and info on build vs. an actual build guide.

Basis of build:
Spoiler

This build scales damage off of the Synthesis implicit mod of “Adds 1 to (5-6) Lightning Damage to Attacks with this Weapon per 10 Intelligence.” By stacking intelligence the build gains damage and energy shield at the same time. This allows the build to match the damage of dex stacking while having more HP at the price of no dodge. It converts 96% of lightning damage to cold damage with Call of the Brotherhood to get the benefits of chill and freeze along with Herald of Ice explosions. Build can also be done without conversion if you prefer but you lose the benefits of cold damage.

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler

+Strong single target
+Fast clear
+CI bow but not zHP
+Endless min max potential

-No stun immunity
-Phys reflect may be deadly / no leech may need flask
-Not instant one shot bosses, still have to shoot a few arrows
-Niche build, you will have to self craft some gear

-Expensive
-Still squishy / not HC friendly
-No ele reflect

This is not a beginner friendly build. Do note that without the dodge layers even at 8.5k ES you can only survive one hit as there are no other defenses. There is also no stun immunity so if you get hit and stunned you will also die. Personally I only get stunned in delve azurite nodes but noted here. So it’s still a don’t get hit / kill fast build. As for cost this build can be started on a lower budget but I would recommend playing something like Toxic Rain until you are leveled higher and have the budget to get items needed.

As far as endgame content this build works well by killing everything almost instantly. The only content I have struggled with is The Feared Invitation if I do not kill the first two instantly.

Path of Building Link / Skill Tree notes:
Spoiler

Current PoB:https://pastebin.com/txMm3LZK
Initial PoB:https://pastebin.com/aDSeZZD8

I have rage set to zero, but for Sirus it should be at 50 at the start of each phase due to waiting.

For pathing on the skill tree I like having the ES regen from Zealot’s Oath. If you don’t want to path to this you can go to the bottom right of the tree with Primeval Force / Lethality.

Leveling:
Spoiler

I would level with toxic rain and a 1.5+ attacks per second bow or quill rain. Given the gear requirements this is definitely not a league starter build.

Bandits:
Spoiler

Two choices here: kill all for 2 skill points or Alira.

With my current build I am using 2 skill points, but I used Alira until level 97. All three things Alira offers helps with build. As there are limited slots to get resistances and some crit multi is solid for 2 points. The mana regen helps with chainbreaker rage regen.

Ascendancy:
Spoiler

Deadeye. Order of Gathering Winds → Ricochet → Endless Munitions → Focal Point / Wind Ward.

Gathering Winds for Tailwind / Gale Force, Ricochet for chain, Endless Munitions for 2 additional projectiles.

For the last two points you can go with either Focal Point for better Sniper’s Mark or Wind Ward for a bit more survivability. As this build has no dodge / evasion you will get hit much more than standard dex stack bow build. Personally I felt little difference in survivability with Wind Ward so I went with Focal Point.

Pantheon:
Spoiler

Personal preference here but I always go for Lunaris as you want to avoid getting hit and Abberath for immunity to burning ground. Make sure you upgrade Lunaris fully.

Gem Links:
Spoiler
Awakened gems help with damage but normal gems are fine. For alt qualities, I have the ones I prefer but again normal is fine.

6L Single Target:

Barrage - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Damage on Full Life - Inspiration - Elemental Focus - Cold Penetration

6L Clear:

(Lightning Arrow / Ice Shot / Tornado Shot) - Elemental Damage with Attacks, Damage on Full Life, Mirage Archer, Inspiration, Hypothermia, For TS only Greater Multiple Projectiles. You can also swap out Hypothermia for more clean oriented supports such as chain or fork.

Auras:

Hatred, Herald of Ice, Vaal Discipline, Precision, Enlighten

Misc:

Ice Golem, Sniper’s Mark, Elemental Weakness (on gloves), Frost Bomb, Berserk, Flame Dash, Dash, Blood Rage, Enhance

Not using but also effective: Phase Run, Wave of Conviction, Enduring Cry, Cast when Damage Taken, Immortal Call.

For single target I prefer Barrage to kill bosses quickly. For the last link you can use Hypothermia or Energy Leech instead of Cold Pen if you prefer. For Hypothermia you just need to make sure your mirage archer / frost bomb is chilling.

For clear you can use the skill you prefer. If using Tornado Shot I would use Greater Multiple Projectiles in one of the links otherwise clear will feel worse than the other two.

Use Enlighten with Hatred, HoI and Discipline. Has to be 4 to have enough mana.

For the misc gems I used CWDT / Immortal Call as well as Enduring Cry and Phase Run before I hit 100. It comes down to preference and if you want more quality of life or damage.

For mapping you can just use your clear skill for everything including most bosses. For endgame bossing the process is Frost Bomb, Blood Rage, Berserk, Flasks, Sniper’s Mark then Barrage.

If you are not converting I would change Hatred to Wrath, remove Herald of Ice (and Charisma on tree).

Gear:
Spoiler

For general notes you want to get int on all rares and perfect fossil / hillock for 28-30% for more ES. There are limited slots for resistances so most of mine are from jewels / cluster jewel passives. The more you maximize the res tiers on gear the more crit multi or int you can add to build. Item level 86 may be needed to hit top tier rolls as well.

Bow:

I used Deafening Essence of Sorrows to get the cold pen and T1 attack speed. I then harvest crafted the rest of the mods. I’m sure there are more optimal mod combos but I can also use TFT for so long. The process I used for my own bow was:

1. Get base (Thicket bow is best, i86 if you want to try for 2 additional arrows)
2. Perfect fossil to 30%
3. Deafening Essence of Sorrow for Cold Pen and try for T1 attack speed with all other mods removable with Harvest.
4. Clean up suffixes until you have attack speed with one other removable mod (something like bleeding suffix or fire res)
5. Aug crit then remove add crit until you get the tier of crit multi you are satisfied with
6. For prefixes make sure you have the cold pen by itself. Craft Suffixes cannot be changed.
7. Aug cold / remove attack until you get tier of cold damage you are satisfied with (I stuck with t3 after 20ish tries).
8. Remove suffixes cannot be changed and the suffix filler.
9. Craft crit chance / quality
10. Aug lightning then rem / add lightning until you get to tier you are satisfied with (again 20ish tries is my limit, after saving up a few I redid and am now at t2)
11. Harvest enchant for attack speed
12. Harvest divine / normal divine until happy with rolls. Note 18% quality is needed to hit breakpoint for harvest enchant.

Quiver:

Hyrri’s Demise with Point Blank is the optimal choice here as it scales the int and gives you point blank. Try to get higher attributes and attack speed as well. Voidfletcher is an option for the ES but it’s a pretty big DPS loss. Make sure no pierce on Voidfletcher.

Helmet:

Hubris Circlet with preferred enchant, Barrage for me. The Lightning Arrow and Tornado Shot enchants do make a big difference for clear. Berserk effect / sniper’s mark effect are also options. Crafting wise would using deafening essence of spite or dense fossils then hunter slam and hope to hit an int mod. If not then rem / add influence or start again. If you want more damage can try for an abyssal socket with hollow fossil or +1 power charges warlord mod.

Chest:

Vaal Regalia with t1 / essence int and %increased intelligence. You can awakener orb frenzy charge on hit / explode if you prefer. While it would be nice to have frenzy charges for endgame bossing, I find damage fine without frenzy charges. A 6 white base helps a lot as you only use one blue socket. I used a chest from my int stacking occultist that had 3 blues. It took me a lot of vorici tries between 97-98 to get a usable chest. Crafting wise I found it easier to spam deafening essence of spite then reroll keep suffixes. The elevated mod is not needed but with it you get level 6 Ele focus, which is same as level 7 Ele focus.

Gloves:

Hands of High Templar lets you get ele weakness curse as well as attack speed / crit and levels to my Auras. You can also get increased ES or frenzy charges. +2 Aoe / +1 socketed gems are also good options. Make sure there are no other curses on the glove. You can also divine and bless orb to get rolls you want. A few people have asked about Hrimsorrow but we aren’t converting any physical damage so that is reason I’m not using.

Boots:

You want ES base with int and res along with elusive. Elevated elusive would be nice but as build does not really dodge it’s not a big difference. Crafting wise easier is to use Harvest reforge with crit mod as it is guaranteed to hit elusive. If you want more damage can try for an abyssal socket with a hollow fossil.

Amulet:

A %increased int and %increased attributes with 1% increased damage per 15 intelligence are the main mods. Astramentis with catalyst quality is a good option to start with (non corrupted attributes should be better as well). I currently have Lethality anoint. Anoint wise check PoB but iirc Fangs of Frost, Assasination and Heart of Ice are also good options.

Crafting wise you want to awakener orb the two %increased attributes and int together on a str / int or dex / int base. Then hope to get flat int, attributes, crit, or removeable / empty suffix. Once suffixes are done reroll keep suffix or aug / rem / add influence until damage per int. There is also shaper pen mod but not really worth trying for since you can't remove if you get %dmg per int first. Then choice of def mods or aug cold / lightning for flat damage.

Rings:

2x Call of the Brotherhood with %increased int corruption. Make sure they have elemental catalyst so conversion is 48% on each ring. If not converting can use %increased int or curse implicit / crusader rings such as:

Belt:

A %increased intelligence (13-15% base) with catalysts. Depending on how much strength you have you most likely need strength as well. If you want t1 strength you need i85 base and t1 elemental damage with attacks is i86. Influence stygian vise and Headhunter are also options, just make sure you have a high enough strength roll. %increased int is also a corruption option for HeadHunter.

Flasks:

Bottled Faith is a ton of damage and regen. Cinderswallow Urn is big qol as you recover a ton of ES and get crit. Diamond flask for crit, Dying Sun for two more arrows. Quicksilver I use attack speed for bossing, speed for mapping and curse for curse maps.

As a softcore player I only care about freeze immunity so you may want to change flasks depending on your preference. Wise oak and Atziri's promise are also options.

Jewels:

Lethal Pride with Akoya notable gives chainbreaker. With the mana regen we have this means 50 rage up for Berserk for most bosses in game with all the waiting phases. On Charisma node you want 5% to deal Double Damage, Fire Res, Life regen, or 10% chance to intimidate.

Thread of Hope with Very Large Ring allows you to get a lot of ES passives. Intuitive Leap for crit and accuracy. Transcendent Flesh for crit multi and some int on pathing. Watcher’s Eye the main mod is ES gain on hit though you may prefer just damage.

Large Clusters I use one with Drive the Destruction and Fuel the Fight for es / mana leech. Another option would be Lioneye’s Fall and Claws of the Hawk / Soul Raker wheel. Make sure 8 passives max for large clusters.

The other two large clusters for cold damage, check PoB to see what notables would be best for your build. I take Disorienting Display for blind, snowstorm for light as extra cold and cold to the core since stacking int. Needs i84 to get t1 int. Snowstorm has lightning tag so if you get the other nodes can aug / rem /add lightning to get mod.

Medium clusters you need one with Cold Conduction and Stormrider to make sure you always shock and have power charges. I also use crit jewels with Precise Commander / Pressure Points and projectile jewel with Eye to Eye and Repeater. 4 or 5 passives both work for medium clusters. For the Eye to Eye / Repeater jewel, Repeater has attack, caster and speed tags so that can help with crafting. Again i84 for T1 int.

The rest of jewels you use to fill up resistances as well as getting damage. I do use one abyss jewel with 6-8% chance to gain phasing on kill to make sure I am phasing throughout mapping. Another option is split personality with int / es to top left cluster jewel. It gives a bit more ES but you lose out on res. Also an option for Emperor's Mastery as well.

For Harvest implicits I would go for life regen, movement speed, damage recouped as mana or stun immunity. I synthesize jewels when I get a chance for hope of getting crit implicits.

Closing thoughts:

As mentioned before these are just my thoughts on the build as is. I’m sure there are many ways to improve and I would be open to suggestions. Happy to answer any questions and will update as I play build more.
Last edited by ElJudge on Aug 19, 2021, 2:53:10 PM
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2021, 2:56:52 PM
Reserved
First impression was "WTF that looks like a meme build" but in the end it looks pretty solid, going to try this for fun as a clear map build not a boss killer, just for fun and improve by time, going for a HH and astramentis, dont have alot of money to invest in a 100ex+ amulet (if not more), i'll craft my bow tday and see if it will be usefull in the end.

Not the best bow, i'll use it for start, crafted with 25ex
Last edited by BlackTyphon on Feb 24, 2021, 11:37:46 AM
"
BlackTyphon wrote:
First impression was "WTF that looks like a meme build" but in the end it looks pretty solid, going to try this for fun as a clear map build not a boss killer, just for fun and improve by time, going for a HH and astramentis, dont have alot of money to invest in a 100ex+ amulet (if not more), i'll craft my bow tday and see if it will be usefull in the end.

Not the best bow, i'll use it for start, crafted with 25ex

Bow looks good! And yeah I was playing int stack occultist but just felt it was too slow and that it would be better as a bow build. Ended up working out better than I expected.
After 10-12 Hours playing with this build it feels really good, even with me gear rn that isnt the best, but it still runs smooth in maps and can take bosses even with my bad actual single target dmg, prob going to invest more into the char, get more levels new jewels and get a real belt for bossing (idk why i'm using a HH to kill maven)

My actual gear:

(I will get %int in helmet tday, farming harvest to get rem/add inf)

Time to craft the amulet cause i want more dmg LUL
Last edited by BlackTyphon on Feb 25, 2021, 9:18:37 AM
My updates for the build:
Self crafted this Helmet Yesterday ->

And got this base to start the new craft ->

After playing around with some skills got new options for clear
Elemental hit, you can easily run shock and cold ele hit you just need to use this and you are ready to go ->

Explosive arrow, works for bossing with Barrage support (it deals good dmg, not better than normal barrage but its a fun way to kill bosses) and it works for clear with GMP, use the Anomalous for crit chance ->

And Scourge arrow is REALLY good for clear, mirage can destroy 80% del maps solo with it and 21/23 is really cheap.

Tested split arrow its ok, i do not recommend, Tested Galvanic, good for harb farm, clears harb packs with 0 effort, Rain of arrow really good for heist and for maps like maze of minotaur, vaal RoA helps with bosses too.
"
BlackTyphon wrote:
My updates for the build:
Spoiler
Self crafted this Helmet Yesterday ->

And got this base to start the new craft ->

After playing around with some skills got new options for clear
Elemental hit, you can easily run shock and cold ele hit you just need to use this and you are ready to go ->

Explosive arrow, works for bossing with Barrage support (it deals good dmg, not better than normal barrage but its a fun way to kill bosses) and it works for clear with GMP, use the Anomalous for crit chance ->

And Scourge arrow is REALLY good for clear, mirage can destroy 80% del maps solo with it and 21/23 is really cheap.

Tested split arrow its ok, i do not recommend, Tested Galvanic, good for harb farm, clears harb packs with 0 effort, Rain of arrow really good for heist and for maps like maze of minotaur, vaal RoA helps with bosses too.
Spoiler

Ended up trying these out as well, Scourge Arrow was very nice for sure. Felt a little bit like the ele SA before all the nerfs.
Hey mate, thanks for your build, I'm trying to run it as ascendant. I wanted to try to do it with Tornado shot, but LA feels overall better since I don't have chain from ascendency and I'm a bit socket starved, so I can't really run hydrosphere unless dropping another gem. Had a bit of mana issues with HH so I run mostly with 18% int belt.

My pob if u want to check : https://pastebin.com/rpTNN4wD

I think next upgrades are getting better rolls on helmet for ES, belt/amu maybe, and getting to lvl 97 to manage to put Transcendant flesh in.

Edit : I also got pretty lucky crafting my bow, hitting t1 lightning in 3 remove/add
Last edited by Youmik on Feb 27, 2021, 7:15:34 AM
"
Youmik wrote:
Hey mate, thanks for your build, I'm trying to run it as ascendant. I wanted to try to do it with Tornado shot, but LA feels overall better since I don't have chain from ascendency and I'm a bit socket starved, so I can't really run hydrosphere unless dropping another gem. Had a bit of mana issues with HH so I run mostly with 18% int belt.

My pob if u want to check : https://pastebin.com/rpTNN4wD

I think next upgrades are getting better rolls on helmet for ES, belt/amu maybe, and getting to lvl 97 to manage to put Transcendant flesh in.

Edit : I also got pretty lucky crafting my bow, hitting t1 lightning in 3 remove/add

PoB looks good, I think only thing I would change would be once you get transcedent flesh take King of the Hill node over Master Fletcher for the knockback / more crit. And maybe ice golem to get 100% chance to hit?

For mana yeah it's going to be tight until you get a bit more int.

And nice bow! I'm currently working on a new one as well since my t3s are bothering me haha.
Yeah I didn't notice you were playing ice golem and not lightning, no idea why.

Reached level 97 doing 5 ways, gonna switch to Master fletcher as you said. And now I'm trying to roll for my helmet. Enjoying the build so far !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info