[DEAD] Wormblaster 2021 [Dark Pact Null's Inclination] [All Contents]

Glorius vanity doryani with seed 3513 also give ritual of shadow
Pretty sure this is the best build ever created
livejamie
"
Hi there, fun build. I am currently gathering gears for a wormblaster character. One question, what are your thoughts on awakened chain support and raw quivers with vaaled chain +1 implicit?

I don't want to give up frontloading damage to extend damage duration. So I don't use Chain or Awakened Chain Support.

For quiver, vaaling a raw one is absolutely fine. But ideally you can also slam an essence of sorrow for dex before vaaling.
Right, just fire.
"
Cabledragon wrote:
The tree in the PoB is for level 100, I feel like this is sort of unrealistic in most cases especially for people trying to grind out content with this build. If you could sacrifice 20 points from the build what would they be? I'm having a hard time deciding just looking at it from the PoB.

You can give up the rightmost points (Written in Blood and Doom Cast) first, then maybe 2 sets of cluster jewel (Fasting + Mender's and Master of Fear + Wish for Death) in exchange for a chaos large cluster with Touch of Cruelty.
Right, just fire.
I will say I'm enjoying this build now that I got basically a lot of the main requirements out of the way. I just need to get a chance to avoid stun enchant on boots in uber lab and a better assassin's mark ring and a few other dps upgrades then I'm set.

Just getting a single writhing jar with the 50% reduced charges craft(or is it enchant?) makes a huge difference for upkeep. The one thing I noticed and am a bit concerned of at times are proximity shield mobs.

Suffice to say this is far from a cheap build and imo probably requires somewhere along 40ex minimum currently to really get a good feel of. Flasks alone cost me 30-50c each and others are pricing them higher to about 1ex+ now. On a related note, is there any url/link in trade to specifically search for that implicit/enchant/craft for the flasks(% reduced charges, lose 1% of that value when used). For PoE's trade site I can't find it, it exists in poe.trade but when I try to search it doesn't seem to work.
"
reciprocate wrote:

The one thing I noticed and am a bit concerned of at times are proximity shield mobs.

You can cast dark pact at them first and then dash into their shield. Since dark pact keeps repeating when you run inside they will die.
Right, just fire.
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!
This build looks like a lot of fun, I have an occultist sitting at level 72 whom I gave up doing power siphon build with. I'm trying to convert her over and I've got a good deal of the stuff out of the way. Voices are like 150ex for 3 passive variants though, I'm not sure if it's just because of the time of night I checked the marker but it was pretty insane. I just grabbed 2 triple ability large chaos groups for now, I assume that's okay? It was much cheaper and I figure if I can't get the voices I could always spend a few points pathing to the next cluster slot on the left side of the tree above resolute technique if I needed more. I read through your build guide but I still feel like I don't have a great grasp of the build. I have a few questions, feel free to answer none or all of these:

I assume this build can't be used with CI because dark pact removes some of your life?

What's the point in having TWO dark pacts, how exactly does that work?

What's the most important modifiers for our build? Like when looking at nodes on the tree and trying to decide how good it is for our dps what are we looking for?

What do you mean by "rampage swap"?

Lastly, a ton of these items have gone way up in value what's your best tips for getting this build up and running on a budget? Like your original mentioned 40ex budget, I feel like that 40ex would not go nearly as far with voices being like that are, 6L Null's being 3ex and lots of other stuff being double or triple the price at time of this guide.

Last edited by Cabledragon on Feb 28, 2021, 12:59:48 AM
"
Cabledragon wrote:
Hey, thanks for the quick reply!
This build looks like a lot of fun, I have an occultist sitting at level 72 whom I gave up doing power siphon build with. I'm trying to convert her over and I've got a good deal of the stuff out of the way. Voices are like 150ex for 3 passive variants though, I'm not sure if it's just because of the time of night I checked the marker but it was pretty insane. I just grabbed 2 triple ability large chaos groups for now, I assume that's okay? It was much cheaper and I figure if I can't get the voices I could always spend a few points pathing to the next cluster slot on the left side of the tree above resolute technique if I needed more. I read through your build guide but I still feel like I don't have a great grasp of the build. I have a few questions, feel free to answer none or all of these:

I assume this build can't be used with CI because dark pact removes some of your life?

What's the point in having TWO dark pacts, how exactly does that work?

What's the most important modifiers for our build? Like when looking at nodes on the tree and trying to decide how good it is for our dps what are we looking for?

What do you mean by "rampage swap"?

Lastly, a ton of these items have gone way up in value what's your best tips for getting this build up and running on a budget? Like your original mentioned 40ex budget, I feel like that 40ex would not go nearly as far with voices being like that are, 6L Null's being 3ex and lots of other stuff being double or triple the price at time of this guide.

The way I see it, for your case. It may be best to move on to a different build. A lot of stuff has gone up in price since the guide was first made sadly. It's probably beyond 60ex at this point now too. Also if you don't get enough defensive layers and anti CC (stun/freeze resistance or immunity) you'll find yourself dying sort of often. There's not much defensive layers in this other than immortal call and endurance charges. I use smoke mines and have a tiny bit of dodge on boots which helps a tad bit. Even with those, doing rituals with this build could be near suicide since you got a tiny amount of space to run around, overwhelm the enemy with damage, but sources of incoming damage other than the enemies in a small space is really dangerous.

You don't need a 3 passives voices, although that helps a lot. You can manage with a 7 passive one which is fairly dirt cheap. I don't know if CI is entirely viable for this build, well maybe it is if you get rid of Malediction and get whispers of doom to replace the extra curse gained off it and spec for vile bastion on ascendancy. Getting RT seems like a huge no-no, you just need enough accuracy to kill the worms with Galvanic Arrow(probably only need to really make 95% accuracy at bare minimum imo) to proc the Bow casting Dark Pacts on the skeletons spawned by Asenath's Chant, the crits are needed for the dark pact DPS to reach that 9 figures of DPS with end game gear and heavy investment.

Honestly, if I were you. Reread the entire post of Op's guide and watch the videos posted, it should answer practically ALL your questions and concerns.
Last edited by reciprocate on Feb 28, 2021, 6:39:39 AM
GGG will nerf this.
Testing in HO, all of my skeletons die when I kill all 40 worms.
Definitely using two 20% quality Divergent Dark Pacts... So I'm not sure what I'm missing here?

Edit: Just realized I'm an idiot. In hideout you aren't hitting anything. They should survive when all the Dark Pacts are hitting a boss.

Edit 2: Also you can essence craft your boots for +30% minion life if you have the suffix space.
Last edited by Sealacus on Feb 28, 2021, 4:28:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info