3.15 NERFED | Ultimate boss Killer | One shot doryani's fist(ing) Chieftain | Infinite DPS

3.18 - IN PROJECT - THE IGNITE FISTING VERSION.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3280415
https://youtu.be/khSbkHtiSLs
You are welcome!

UNFORTUNATELY, for 3.15 it's nerfed the way it exists now. Still viable, but lacks lots of damage, which is not satisfying at all.
In future will try to rework it maybe with completely other concept (non warcry build)

Greetings!

For your discussion I'd like to introduce low budget One tap boss killer (500c for current setup).

It's a rework of my 2 leagues ago berserker build, when doryani's prototype was introduced.
(who is interested link for berserker: https://pastebin.com/Nn9Gzt9s

Why chieftain?

After the rework of the ascendancy, it now has much more damage for this setup, than berserker and much more survivability.

3.14 UPDATE: seems everything is ready with no changes :)
If the new league introduces some interesting items, I will be checking that.

Alternative setup for whom new chainbreaker became a pain:

We can swap chainbreaker for divine flesh, cap our chaos res and get rid of determination and take herald of thunder+arctic armour instead to get significantly more defenses.

Gameplay video and videoguide: https://youtu.be/8h3cEKzdA5o

PoB (community fork): https://pastebin.com/R21Y4mcy

How it works?

Screenwide AoE in sand stance.

Double touch of god every two seconds (tawhoa chosen + fist of war) making your damage insane with good lightning rolls.
With lucky rolls of lightning damage + triple damage procs from the belt one shots uber elder or Sirus stages.

We use Doryani's prototype as a source of our damage and Doryani's touch as our main attack.
This armour makes enemy lightning resistance equal to yours.
In my setup we have -208% lightning resistance.

How don't we die?
We use avian twins talisman with 50% of lightning damage from hits taken as cold or fire and other appropriate modifiers (life, res (we need a lot of res to cover the fire and cold cap)), physical or lightning damage to attacks).

The other 50% of lightning damage from hits are mitigated by our armour. (doryani's prototype modifier) ~40k armour.

The only cons we have is lightning damage over time, which is rare, but we can somotimes be vanished by it. (shaper's beam, sirus storm, some delirium damage + Kosis bubble).

That's why we are not the best 100% delirium farmers (80% and simulacrum are still okay).

We can use also divine flesh as an alternative, but then we won't have Chainbreaker, which greatly imroves our damage.

How do we lower our lightning resistances?
Multiple thread of hopes, Maligaro's lens (perfect shield for this build).

Other ways of lowering: immortal flesh (but then we won't use arn's anguish, which is not okay), new maven boots Legacy of fury, Ventor's Gamble rings.

So we need to have lots of cold and fire res on our gear to reach the cap.

We utilise chieftain to get endurance charges and a new belt Arn's anguish to transform them to brutal charges to get a chance of dealing triple damage. (21% with 7 charges) - PoB doesn't count them and doesn't know "triple damage" modifier, so on the belt in PoB I simulated it as 40% chance to deal double damage.

1) Pros

Spoiler

*Infinite DPS with lucky lightning damage rolls + triple damage procs
*Screenwide AoE
*Good clear due to AoE + movement speed (flask+berserk)
*Fun to play

2) Cons

Spoiler

*Can't do Atziri's due to reflect
*Vulnerable to lightning damage over time (not best 100% delirium farmer)
*A bit laggy on juiced maps, when the entire screen dies

3) Levelling

Spoiler

Level with any Slam skill in life version till level 68, then switch to doryani's fist, when you get all the gear.
Take life and melee damage nodes during levelling.

4) Ascendancy/Skill tree/Links/Pantheon

Spoiler

Chieftain:
Tasalio
Valako
Takhoa
Tukohama

Bandits: kill all

Pantheon: Solaris + Ryslatha(or Shakari)

Path of building (community fork): https://pastebin.com/R21Y4mcy

Gameplay video and videoguide: https://youtu.be/8h3cEKzdA5o

5) Current gear and gem setups

Spoiler

GEMS:

We use Wrath, Determination and Blood and Sand for auras.

Doryani's touch: ele damage with attacks, fortify, fist of war (anomalous for min-maxing), divergent pulverise.

Berserk

Vaal ancestral warchief (perfect for 3.13 chieftain ascendancy).

CWDT- vaal molten shell- enfeeble- blood rage- summon flame golem. (in our chest) - we literally do not need 6 links here.

Storm brand with increased crit strikes for elemental overload.

6) JEWELS

Spoiler

Chainbreaker timeless jewel node for generating rage.

Cluster jewels with supercharge and overshock.

Cluster jewels with drive the destruction and fuel the fight for life and mana leech.

Thank you and good luck!

For more videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS4rl2Uif6bpaRF7MiSHuA
Last edited by superpocan on Jun 7, 2022, 5:33:04 PM
Last bumped on Nov 19, 2021, 4:25:28 PM
What the hell.... This looks unreal!
this looks fun im gonna try it but wondering if i got a 50 % fortify effect head should i use this instead of brine?
moooo
"
faids4you wrote:
this looks fun im gonna try it but wondering if i got a 50 % fortify effect head should i use this instead of brine?

Brine is not mandatory at all here.
Just wanted to have a little more armour and freeze immunity.
Though, it's good, because of a good amount of hp + cold res...
We need a lot of fire and cold res on our gear
seems fun.

Why not use divine flesh to manage the other half of the lightning damage conversion? Or tempered by war, which actually could both mitigate and boost damage. Converting only 50% still seems super rippy
Last edited by Radbeard on Feb 19, 2021, 3:13:53 PM
Tempered by war doesn't work, because it will lower our lightning res vice versa...
If we have -208% lightning res, we would have -104% then

Divine flesh is an option, but then we wouldn't be able to generate rage.

We have ~40k armour with our flask up, which is enough to mitigate the last 50% of lightning damage from hits.
is it enough armor though? A 2k Lighting hit with standard 75% light res would do 500, which is fine.

With this build, at -208% lightning res you would take:

250 from the converted portion (1000damage with 75% resist)

The remaining 1000 damage gets scaled to 3080 again from the low resists, then after 40k armor is reduced to 1340.

250 + 1340 is 1590. On a 2k lighting hit this setup is roughly the same as a standard build playing with only 20% resists. And the bigger the hit the more dramatic this becomes. After ~1500 damage (after scaling from poor resist) 40k armor is worse than 75% resists.

Rage also seems kind of like a counter-synergy to fist of war and tukahama.

I like the idea a lot but it does seem like it could use some tweaking.

I realized afterwards how tempered by war calcualtes as just a .5 modifier, which is lame.
"
Radbeard wrote:
is it enough armor though? A 2k Lighting hit with standard 75% light res would do 500, which is fine.

With this build, at -208% lightning res you would take:

250 from the converted portion (1000damage with 75% resist)

The remaining 1000 damage gets scaled to 3080 again from the low resists, then after 40k armor is reduced to 1340.

250 + 1340 is 1590. On a 2k lighting hit this setup is roughly the same as a standard build playing with only 20% resists. And the bigger the hit the more dramatic this becomes. After ~1500 damage (after scaling from poor resist) 40k armor is worse than 75% resists.

Rage also seems kind of like a counter-synergy to fist of war and tukahama.

I like the idea a lot but it does seem like it could use some tweaking.

I realized afterwards how tempered by war calcualtes as just a .5 modifier, which is lame.

You are not right a bit... Lightning damage from hits here is not affected by lightning res.

"Lightning Resistance does not affect Lightning Damage taken" - Doryani's prorotype

That's why the remaining 1000 damage is not scaled to 3080 in your calculation.

2000 lightning hit in such setup is counted just as 2000 in all cases...
Then 1000 is resisted by cold or fire (75%) - having 250 dmg taken.
The other 1000 is mitigated by armour depending on how much you have.
30K armour can prevent 3/4 of a 1000 hitm causing us taking 250 too.
this build seem so cool! thank you for it! I will try it out and see if I can min/max it any further!
can this do 70%+ quant (rippy mods basically) Maven's Invitation like "The Hidden"? Possibly even 2man hp? From the video it seems that the Invitation's are quite rippy since you don't kill them fast enough and some hits almost oneshot you, not sure what the mods were in the video though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info