[Archived] Archmage Hexblast | 4M+ Ignite DPS | Budget Options League Start to Endgame

Oh yeah another question about upgrading:

You can see what I currently have on character. Resistances are maxed.

From what I see I now have 2 options to upgrade next:
Either I save up for a 6l Cloak to then be able to buy a sceptre, shield and the helmet, or I buy alternate hexblast next. (that's also where I would be in your "League start order of upgrades")

Currently doing Tier 5-8 maps. Survivability is okay on those. As long as I'm not burst down by the occasional "what just killed me!?" or the ultimatum gets too hard, I'm pretty fine.
"
Vacoh wrote:

Either I save up for a 6l Cloak to then be able to buy a sceptre, shield and the helmet, or I buy alternate hexblast next. (that's also where I would be in your "League start order of upgrades")

Currently doing Tier 5-8 maps. Survivability is okay on those. As long as I'm not burst down by the occasional "what just killed me!?" or the ultimatum gets too hard, I'm pretty fine.

Purely up to you, Divergent Hexblast is a DPS upgrade while getting the cloak and Scepter/Shield setup going is primarily about survivability.

Personally I think you should get the 6 link Cloak and Helm etc. first. The Divergent Hexblast is a little on the expensive side considering its the same DPS upgrade as Awakened Burning damage and woke burning dmg is cheaper.
"
Vacoh wrote:

Out of these two, definitely go for the 6l cloak. That together with a shield will help you with survivability a lot.

Alternate hexblast is only a minor dps boost considering how much it costs.

You could also upgrade your belt, helmet and one ring to have both high tiers on mana and life.

Also, if you want to farm currency quickly, I would recommend you looking up Larsen on YouTube. I use a lot of his tips and pretty much printing exalts following his advice. For instance, I didn't know that people buy divine shrines in maps for 1ex!

I personally focus on running harvest and just spam reforges for profit. Influnced rings are the easiest to roll using caster reforge and you can buy the base rings for 5c and sell them for anywhere between 50c and 2ex.
"
GimbO wrote:
Hey, SanyaV has already gave you great tips for what to upgrade, so I will just comment about the cluster jewels.

It is important to have some ok cluster jewels, but you do not need to have the exact combination that I use in the endgame (CO + BB). Focus on other upgrades first.

Your cluster jewels are fine. You already have a 6-link cloak and a shield so you might want to consider swapping Evil Eye jewel for a 2nd damage cluster jewel.

If you want to upgrade your clusters a little bit, but cannot spare several exalted orbs right now, you can buy Circling Oblivion + Wasting Affliction clusters. They cost around 30c https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/vyXl6eDCE and they actually give you more dps than CO + BB! The problem is that they also make your ignites a little bit shorter so that's the reason why I do not use them in the endgame setup.

Thanks for the tips. I ended up replacing both of my clusters with CO + WA versions as well as added enhance lvl 3 to my despair + ele weakness. According to PoB, I boosted my damage from 11.5 million to 16 million after making those changes and leveling my gems a bit more. Still a far cry from the 25mill that your builds have, but it was a noticeable difference while mapping last night. It looks like I'd go up to a bit over 18 million witht he CO + BB clusters, but I would have to spend 4ex for those versus the 70c that I spent on the CO + WA clusters.

figured i'd link my setup. its smooth sailing for all bosskilling, everything now is cleared for me except the feared, but i am confident i could pull that off. Have been farming uber elder lately and between the agnostic and being nearly block capped, and also being very mobile, it ends up turning an unforgiving fight into something very forgiving. i just cant be arsed to go thru putting a video on youtube , but i wish i did because i had some hilarious segments of the fights including taking like 6 shaper balls in the face and managing to block every one lol. you cant sit in the beam but at the same time you live long enough to get out of it pretty reliably.
Thanks for the Larsen tip. With his Alva missions tip I yesterday about doubled my money. :D

So now I have the 6l cloak and other stuff. Now the question though: how much is a good sceptre supposed to cost? I currently see one for one exalted with all the stats you recommend, except the malevolence effect. Is that okay? Is that too much? Sadly there is only that one sceptre, so no real way to compare.

Edit: Now there is one with similar stats (maybe a bit worse) for 100c.

Current parameters are this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/XoWqaBRIP

Edit: Nevermind, I just went for it
Last edited by Vacoh on May 19, 2021, 10:12:20 AM
"
Vacoh wrote:
Thanks for the Larsen tip. With his Alva missions tip I yesterday about doubled my money. :D

So now I have the 6l cloak and other stuff. Now the question though: how much is a good sceptre supposed to cost? I currently see one for one exalted with all the stats you recommend, except the malevolence effect. Is that okay? Is that too much? Sadly there is only that one sceptre, so no real way to compare.

Edit: Now there is one with similar stats (maybe a bit worse) for 100c.

Current parameters are this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/XoWqaBRIP

Edit: Nevermind, I just went for it

The scepter that you got is very good and 1ex is a very good price for it.

Scepters with all the good modifiers except the malevolence one can cost anywhere from 1 to 5 ex. Anything over that amount is too much.

Scepters with all that AND the malevolence modifier will cost at least 10ex and it can get up to 50ex and there might not even be any like the one I had the last league since there was the harvest nerf.

I having a hard time wrapping my head around the general's cry / fortify / Vigil jewel combo post nerf.

Doesn't this setup need to be changed?
"
DoctorKnotty wrote:
I having a hard time wrapping my head around the general's cry / fortify / Vigil jewel combo post nerf.

Doesn't this setup need to be changed?

From what I get out of the build on page 1: you now socket vigilant strike, ancestral call and faster attacks. no idea if you need the jewel still.

Using it like this gives you 10 seconds of fortify.
Last edited by Vacoh on May 23, 2021, 5:26:10 PM
I'll try it, but reading general's cry... The minions use Vigilant Strike and get Fortify. I don't know what the Vigil jewel used to look like, but I'm assuming it was the key to the minions sharing Fortify with the player.

So if you have to self cast Vigilant Strike to get fortify, General's cry shouldn't be on it anymore unless I'm not following how it works.

PS... Just realized I replied to your original thread thinking I was replying to the OP. My bad.
Last edited by DoctorKnotty on May 23, 2021, 6:17:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info