[Archived] Archmage Hexblast | 4M+ Ignite DPS | Budget Options League Start to Endgame

I'd be interested in knowing how you deal with stuns. I now have 2300 life and 5800 mana (plus Omeyocan boots with 50% chance to avoid being stunned on kill).
And it happens often enough that some crappy little zombies hit me often enough that I'm just dead because I can't get to casting anything anymore.

Yes there are those stun threshold on mana boots, but those sound like a downgrade with having the others.

Anything else? Even more so because I'm currently on getting on the mana regen enchantment.

Edit: A question about doom: Does Hexblast only scale with multiples of 5 max dooms? Or does +4 doom then give me 32% increased damage?
Last edited by Vacoh on May 16, 2021, 2:09:35 PM
"
Vacoh wrote:
I'd be interested in knowing how you deal with stuns. I now have 2300 life and 5800 mana (plus Omeyocan boots with 50% chance to avoid being stunned on kill).
And it happens often enough that some crappy little zombies hit me often enough that I'm just dead because I can't get to casting anything anymore.

Yes there are those stun threshold on mana boots, but those sound like a downgrade with having the others.

Anything else? Even more so because I'm currently on getting on the mana regen enchantment.

Edit: A question about doom: Does Hexblast only scale with multiples of 5 max dooms? Or does +4 doom then give me 32% increased damage?

I went through similar - the stun issues go away once your Arcane Cloak gets around 4000 damage absorption. Also get a Rumi's and a shield going as the block helps a lot. You're missing a lot of items so just fill it out and don't dive into packs for now. And prioritize jewels with both inc. mana % and inc. life % before burning damage.

I looked at your profile and unless they didn't update - those are the precursor boots, not Omeyocans.

This is definitely one of those builds that it just sort of all comes together at one point - definitely was that way for me.

And yes it goes up by increments of 5 only - just read Hexblast text.
Last edited by SanyaV on May 17, 2021, 4:49:05 AM
"
SanyaV wrote:

I looked at your profile and unless they didn't update - those are the precursor boots, not Omeyocans.

Oh you're right! I always confuse those two. Well nevermind that then.

And thats what I'm currently saving up for. Because for me, as I see it, everything comes down to a 6l cloak first: After I get it, I will be able to buy a sceptre and a shield to compensate for resistances and then the helmet.

That will take a while though. Not like Exalteds grow on trees and the chaos recipe takes some time.
"
Vacoh wrote:
"
SanyaV wrote:

And thats what I'm currently saving up for. Because for me, as I see it, everything comes down to a 6l cloak first: After I get it, I will be able to buy a sceptre and a shield to compensate for resistances and then the helmet.

That will take a while though. Not like Exalteds grow on trees and the chaos recipe takes some time.

Honestly try heisting if you can stand the content, I got the currency I needed to start the build there.
With Fortify up and all the gear set Its a very tanky build.
"
SanyaV wrote:
"
Vacoh wrote:
"
SanyaV wrote:

Honestly try heisting if you can stand the content, I got the currency I needed to start the build there.
With Fortify up and all the gear set Its a very tanky build.

So far I'm trying to avoid Fortify. This build has enough to cast already. It's fine but another skill to cast is starting to get annoying. This build already has to prepare up to 3 things (storm brand, sigil of power, flammability) to finally be able to cast hexblast... at bosses at least. So yes, I will need it eventually, but for now I try to get by without it. And don't get me wrong. It works surprisingly well. The scenario with the zombies bullying me to death is quite rare. It happens, but not all the time.

I'm going to do more heists then. No idea what others hate about them. Yes they're not the best thing that ever happened to this game but I think they're quite okay.
Last edited by Vacoh on May 17, 2021, 8:40:59 AM
I upgraded to a 6 link cloak, shield and sceptre and added shield charge/fortify and it has made a considerable difference in the tankiness of this build. If I die, it's usually because I fat fingered my keys and didn't pop the right flask or forgot to trigger Fortify. Every now and then I get one shot and have no clue what happened. That typically only happens on maps with a ton of mods though. Paying attention to those would probably alleviate some of those issues.

I do have a question about the medium cluster jewels. The ones I'm currently running just have Circling Oblivion without Burning Bright since those with both are all 2ex. Is it a considerable damage boost to get the medium clusters that have both? I'm just trying to figure out what I need to focus on upgrading at this point to continue improving this build. The CO/BB cluster jewels and enchantments are all I can really think of, but I may be overlooking something.
Last edited by st041986 on May 17, 2021, 8:46:59 AM
"
st041986 wrote:

I do have a question about the medium cluster jewels. The ones I'm currently running just have Circling Oblivion without Burning Bright since those with both are all 2ex. Is it a considerable damage boost to get the medium clusters that have both? I'm just trying to figure out what I need to focus on upgrading at this point to continue improving this build. The CO/BB cluster jewels and enchantments are all I can really think of, but I may be overlooking something.

Yes, the cluster jewels having the correct mods accounts for a huge chunk of DPS.
Other things you can consider getting:
-Intuitive leap to save a lot of passive points
-Anomalous Flammability (socket this with a lvl 3/4 Enhance gem)
-Empower+Enhance setup for your Despair and Ele. Weakness
-Divergent Hexblast (quality gives ailment damage)
-+1 to socketed gems Vixen's
-Get the 70% mana regen enchant on your Omeyocans
"
SanyaV wrote:

Thats why I was asking for if 9 doom also gives a damage boost. Because Anomalous Flammability at 20 quality does not give 10 doom if socketed with a lvl 3 Enhance. So get level 4 or nothing at all.
"
Vacoh wrote:
"
SanyaV wrote:

Thats why I was asking for if 9 doom also gives a damage boost. Because Anomalous Flammability at 20 quality does not give 10 doom if socketed with a lvl 3 Enhance. So get level 4 or nothing at all.

Hm, yeah you're correct. Lvl 3 *does* help arcane cloak if you're using Flamma + Enha + Cloak in a link but that's it - for flamma its lvl 4 or it does nothing.
"
st041986 wrote:
I upgraded to a 6 link cloak, shield and sceptre and added shield charge/fortify and it has made a considerable difference in the tankiness of this build. If I die, it's usually because I fat fingered my keys and didn't pop the right flask or forgot to trigger Fortify. Every now and then I get one shot and have no clue what happened. That typically only happens on maps with a ton of mods though. Paying attention to those would probably alleviate some of those issues.

Hey, SanyaV has already gave you great tips for what to upgrade, so I will just comment about the cluster jewels.

It is important to have some ok cluster jewels, but you do not need to have the exact combination that I use in the endgame (CO + BB). Focus on other upgrades first.

Your cluster jewels are fine. You already have a 6-link cloak and a shield so you might want to consider swapping Evil Eye jewel for a 2nd damage cluster jewel.

If you want to upgrade your clusters a little bit, but cannot spare several exalted orbs right now, you can buy Circling Oblivion + Wasting Affliction clusters. They cost around 30c https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/vyXl6eDCE and they actually give you more dps than CO + BB! The problem is that they also make your ignites a little bit shorter so that's the reason why I do not use them in the endgame setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info