Burning Arrow Chain Reactions // 30m DOT DPS // Faceroll all content

i made a thing
This build is lot of fun, crazy damage and smooth clear that doesn't lag, as the dot just spreads without many hits.

My few thoughts that came to my mind while gearing:
1. For helm it is worth to start with essence of loathing to get reduced mana reserved essence mod. You can still hit t1 life and resists, and then all influenced mods you want.
Also it is easier to dump money on best enchant and even skip the maven orb faster ignite suffix, enchant grants significantly more damage. Buying enchant base + simple craft without maven orb >> worse enchant + perfectly rolled elevated mods. Hitting correct enchant on already prerolled helm is quite unrealistic, it is extremely low chance to hit that specific enchant.
I learned that even crafting stuff that is coin flips 2 mods equal weight, it is pretty common to get unlucky and go to as much as 10 failed attempts, really sucks. One guy hits 50:50 few times in a row, other will suffer. It is especially painful with maven's orb, given the cost per attempt.

2. Fitting flesh and stone to the build goes long way, it is really strong defensive aura for only 25% base reserve. Perma blind and 11% reduced all damage taken (*aura effect) is very nice defensive layer.
If you sacrifice spiritual aid branch, that costs me 9% dps, and saves 5 points. Putting 4 points into Sovereigny node, adds 3% dps, so its a net loss of 6%. Combine that with either RMR enchant on helm or just global rmr from essence craft/influence mod, throw in one corrupted jewel with 1rmr and you have enough mana for flesh and stone (im sitting at 84 mana with 1 rmr jewel and 4% rmr from helm, with lv4 enlighten).

3. Well rolled vermillion ring grants around +5-6% dps, and +400 life (along with resists). Malachai's artifice is straight up +35% more damage via EE. Massive. It is strong contender here in terms of sheer damage number it grants.

4. There is option to go different body armour. It is possible to put 4 golems in +minion level helm, drop bunch of utility gems, and use replica shroud of the lightless. Jewels with 35-40 flat life and 3 damage rolls (+40-50 avg dmg) will grant us bit more life than perfectly rolled rare life body armor AND a lot of damage, around 25-30% more. And it isn't even that expensive, can get these jewels for 1-2ex with some patience.
Another not too bad alternative is Loreweave. +8% dps, at cost of over 400 life. But it is fair question if permanent 78 all res isn't better, it allows us to completely ignore -max res maps, which often is what kills us if we run most of our rare maps.

5. Second bow on swap, with single target setup (no gmp) is nice QoL. We need 2nd quiver (although one with no pierce is fine for that). This also allows to help with pierce, since going divergent burning arrow in clear swap, adds 2 pierces at cost of about 4% dps (fair trade). At the stage of helm crafting, this should be easily affordable to get 2nd set of awakened gems, 6l bow and another quiver.
Last edited by aerial on Feb 25, 2021, 5:58:54 AM
"
karlklaps wrote:
after trying the arcanist brand coh setup i definitely wount go back. i would have got me an awakened hextouch today but for me the aditional curse on chest is superior.
definitly not outdated.
especially for stuff like simulacrum high juice deli maps and the roaming superbuffed metamorph in.. ?lex ejoris?
dont need to go near that think and still apply all debuffs.
edit: not saying my way is superior just sharing thoughts.

also thx for the idea if disiple of the unyielding: i love it , i actually feel kinda tanky now 6 k life next lvl , and perma 4 end charges while mapping

This can be done from a good lethal pride tho.
Having a lot of fun with this build, although I'm playing with a Blackflame version that is very similar in DPS to this one, but with cool purple flames :D

Agree with a lot of the above as quality of life updates to the original build - here's a few more:

Annoint "No Witnesses" for perma Elusive while mapping! The added DPS from the current annoint is nice, but definitively not needed once you get most of the build going (its overkilling everything by a LOT)!

Mirage Archer for mapping is nice - I have a second bow on swap with single target setup.

Tailwind on boots is nice for speed as well.

Replica Emberwake (swapping out Berek's) is a LOT of extra DPS for Sirus / Maven.

Don't neglect increased AOE if you can find it! It's great for Berek's range.
Last edited by FiReaNG3L on Feb 25, 2021, 9:45:26 AM
1 more thing, i have +2 min frenzy charge shield on swap , i press x before boss, and have 12 seconds of frenzy carges.
but boss dies in 2 seconds anyway ;)
Any suggestions to make her a bit tankier for us old players? I love this build its very fun just not very good at some dodge mechanics.
Hello everybody

I've been playing this build at a private league so I'm still missing all the good crafts from helmet and gloves, still working on medium clusters too. Although lacking lot of end-game investments, build is capable of awesome stuff already.

If someone can explain to me, I didn't find the explanation for why the +1 curse body armour is not the best "anymore". I have a curse chest and a ele weak on hit ring. Why are people dropping this setup?

Thanks in advance!
"
Ulkoth wrote:
Hello everybody

I've been playing this build at a private league so I'm still missing all the good crafts from helmet and gloves, still working on medium clusters too. Although lacking lot of end-game investments, build is capable of awesome stuff already.

If someone can explain to me, I didn't find the explanation for why the +1 curse body armour is not the best "anymore". I have a curse chest and a ele weak on hit ring. Why are people dropping this setup?

Thanks in advance!

its an option to have awakened hextouch lvl 5 in ur woc setup(gives 1 additional curse) .
definitely a good option , i personally prefer arcanist brand with curse woc/combustion. really nice qol

one thing im currently looking into is that despair seems to be by far the best curse dps whise , why is no one using this one?
am i missing something?
whats the best way to keep rolling for t1 burning dmg on my helmet?

change lightning res to fire res harvest craft->rem/add fire harvest craft?

since i have 2 increased fortify effect nodes on my lethal pride a way to fit in fortify would be super good....
Last edited by rnbounty on Feb 25, 2021, 10:39:44 AM
Porcupines are really messing with the flow.
Is it known which maps can spawn them and which can't?
I'd want to stay away from them while I'm leveling.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info