[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

Congrats on a well written guide. I'm really interested in playing this build this league, but now I'm concerned that you've said you won't be playing it yourself. The issue I have with that is not that I don't trust the information backing the build up, just that you can't support the build with any twists and turns along the way as the season progresses. I played a really strong build last season and I'm prepared to try something that's going to take some work to make it feel rewarding, and I think this fills the gap. How confident are you that the build has what it takes to tackle this league - by this I don't mean entirely the league mechanic but any changes that have come in from 3.13? You say that the patch changes haven't affected the build too much but are you concerned that the harvest changes may make it too difficult to make things such as the bow? With the harvest changes in mind and difficulty with crafting the perfect items, does it make the build less likely to succeed? Thanks.
"
Macca84 wrote:
Congrats on a well written guide. I'm really interested in playing this build this league, but now I'm concerned that you've said you won't be playing it yourself. The issue I have with that is not that I don't trust the information backing the build up, just that you can't support the build with any twists and turns along the way as the season progresses. I played a really strong build last season and I'm prepared to try something that's going to take some work to make it feel rewarding, and I think this fills the gap. How confident are you that the build has what it takes to tackle this league - by this I don't mean entirely the league mechanic but any changes that have come in from 3.13? You say that the patch changes haven't affected the build too much but are you concerned that the harvest changes may make it too difficult to make things such as the bow? With the harvest changes in mind and difficulty with crafting the perfect items, does it make the build less likely to succeed? Thanks.

I'll still be answering questions either here or in-game, no worries. I can't really say how it will fare against Ultimatum mechanics, but it fares well enough on most endgame contents so there's that.

Also don't worry too much on the harvest crafts yet, because it's not like it's totally dumpstered (we'll see). The build also didn't have anything strictly craft dependent, (except Summon Skitterbots enchantment, but lab enchant is getting a buff) endgame optimized gears are strictly numerical improvements. (no explodey chest, +1 curse, frenzy/power charge on hit shanenigans).

My worry is only that it might be difficult to get gear upgrades due to harvest craft changes, which will drive the endgame upgrade costs up.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 16, 2021, 8:38:28 AM
Hi, great guide. Are you able to update the POB pastebin to be compatible with the latest version of PoB please? Looking forward to playing this build!
"
Stanpey wrote:
Hi, great guide. Are you able to update the POB pastebin to be compatible with the latest version of PoB please? Looking forward to playing this build!

You can just use the old POB and update it to 3.14 tree, there should be no changes.

Either way here you go:
https://pastebin.com/5ejs8zyM

Posting while waiting for league server maintenance, sigh.
Ignore incorrect question.
Last edited by ZekeAsakura on Apr 17, 2021, 4:51:19 PM
Apologies as this is likely just me being new and bad at the game but any tips for early game damage? I'm only Act2 but struggling big time. I did luckily get a Quill rain just before logging off yesterday which is helping but I still feel very weak.

I've been following the key nodes video you linked for levelling, whilst also making sure I stick to your tree, just heading towards said key nodes ASAP. So far I only seem to be able to have Ice Shot + Added cold damage. Not sure if i've missed another key link or anything.
"
stephen_drewz wrote:
Apologies as this is likely just me being new and bad at the game but any tips for early game damage? I'm only Act2 but struggling big time. I did luckily get a Quill rain just before logging off yesterday which is helping but I still feel very weak.

I've been following the key nodes video you linked for levelling, whilst also making sure I stick to your tree, just heading towards said key nodes ASAP. So far I only seem to be able to have Ice Shot + Added cold damage. Not sure if i've missed another key link or anything.

Hello there, few tips I can give you if you're new:
1. 'Attack' builds like Ice Shot are very dependent on gear, and Quill Rain is a poor bow to use in this build. You need bow with solid DPS and attack speed (if using unique, Roth's reach & Storm cloud is some good choice)

2. Bow characters usually have few DPS nodes during early game, so you might want to path your tree straight towards some of them (even more if you're not playing Hardcore) and ignore the other defensive nodes for now.

3. Main gem links are important, so always try to get the highest you can (You should aim for 4 / 5 links as soon as possible)

I can't say for sure but I think you're struggling mainly due to gear (Quill Rain), so cheers, hope the above helps.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 17, 2021, 11:04:34 PM
"
mantol456 wrote:
1. 'Attack' builds like Ice Shot are very dependent on gear, and Quill Rain is a poor bow to use in this build. You need bow with solid DPS and attack speed (if using unique, Roth's reach & Storm cloud is some good choice)

2. Bow characters usually have few DPS nodes during early game, so you might want to path your tree straight towards some of them (even more if you're not playing Hardcore) and ignore the other defensive nodes for now.

3. Main gem links are important, so always try to get the highest you can (You should aim for 4 / 5 links as soon as possible)

I can't say for sure but I think you're struggling mainly due to gear (Quill Rain), so cheers, hope the above helps.

Thanks for the tips. Will see what I can do. Early into Act3 now and have 3 link for Ice Shot and 2 link so far for Frenzy, its helping a bit. Still stuck with Quill rain though. That video you linked for levelling suggested it, so assumed was good. I realise your build is a variation though. As a newish player I find it near impossible to tell what is a good upgrade at the moment. Maybe I should go youtube some videos.
"
stephen_drewz wrote:
"
mantol456 wrote:

Thanks for the tips. Will see what I can do. Early into Act3 now and have 3 link for Ice Shot and 2 link so far for Frenzy, its helping a bit. Still stuck with Quill rain though. That video you linked for levelling suggested it, so assumed was good. I realise your build is a variation though. As a newish player I find it near impossible to tell what is a good upgrade at the moment. Maybe I should go youtube some videos.

You can use Quill's Rain if you really don't have anything better, but it gets outdps-ed really quickly, his other 2 recommendations are way better and can last you for much longer in comparison.

Try to get Hyrri's Bite quiver, it really helps you in the long run.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 18, 2021, 1:14:54 AM

So whats my big upgrade is ? have lioness gem and x2 big and small clusters as well.
Kinda struggles with dmg in ultimate circles also. but t5 bosses n maps ez
Last edited by Alexdaikone on Apr 18, 2021, 4:42:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info