[3.16] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Start>Endgame

"
adrenalburr wrote:
Hi I've been looking for a nice map clearing build for this league, and i stumbled upon this build. Just wanted to ask if this build would do well with an aurabot? Going to full party this league with my brother and some friends this league start to change up the usual poe experience and was wondering if you have any advice i could do with this build?

Sorry mate, friendless player here. Never played with any aurabot so can't advice you much on that.
My Youtube channel guide:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOAAZyUPDtInV9UDiH4BBw
What do you think about new support gems Lifetap and Cruelty? Should work with Ice Shot too...and it is MORE damage.
"
adrenalburr wrote:
Hi I've been looking for a nice map clearing build for this league, and i stumbled upon this build. Just wanted to ask if this build would do well with an aurabot? Going to full party this league with my brother and some friends this league start to change up the usual poe experience and was wondering if you have any advice i could do with this build?

Not an expert on aurabots, but I think you might want to make sure you are fully utilizing that aurabot. For instance when friend plays it, I cannot utilize his auras, so basically he just makes mobs harder for me...
"
What do you think about new support gems Lifetap and Cruelty? Should work with Ice Shot too...and it is MORE damage.

The weakest gem slot of the main skill is Awakened added cold damage (due to multiple sources of flat added cold damage in the gears), which could technically be replaced with other skills.

Higher DPS link:

Barrage (bad for the build, it's a non-gemswap build)
Elemental Focus (Bad, freeze is extremely useful as a defensive mechanic)
Slower Projectile (Decent)
Lifetap (Bad, spends life instead of mana, innate buff not useful (life flask recovery, same multiplier as slower projectile)
Cruelty (same multiplier as slower projectile with less mana cost multiplier and no downsides)

From the looks of it Cruelty seems to be a contender. But it should only be for endgame optimization, awakened added cold damage should still be better before you have those gears.

Cruelty also couldn't replace added cold damage as easily due to gem colour, as opposed to slower projectiles.

Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 15, 2021, 9:28:22 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of starting this assembly, but I still doubt that starting with an ice shot is something worth doing. Will I be glad to advise you what to do, go through the dead toxic rain and then spec or immediately through the ice shot?
Hey
Thank you for the build. I will go with this one next season. (If your answer is positive)

My main objective this league is to run only 100%delirious (when my build is optimised, even if we can't frac them..), especially the divination cards setup. With that in mind, can you confirm me if I'm doing a right choice going with this build? (I read you indicated as "doable", but I'm not sure how to understand it)

I know it's all content viable but as I will be mainly focused trying to efficiently run these maps, so I'm looking for a build rather "optimised" for that.

As it will be the first time I choose a Ranger, your tankier version of Ice Shot attracts me a lot.
But I feel it will still be hard when I start, but if it's just that, I love challenges :)

I also have a question about the heartseeker node. Why do we ignore it whereas it looks like we're looking for some crit on the gear?

Thank you again for your time.
Last edited by RedScorpion920 on Apr 15, 2021, 10:54:26 AM
"
Hey
Thank you for the build. I will go with this one next season. (If your answer is positive)

My main objective this league is to run only 100%delirious (when my build is optimised, even if we can't frac them..), especially the divination cards setup. With that in mind, can you confirm me if I'm doing a right choice going with this build? (I read you indicated as "doable", but I'm not sure how to understand it)

I know it's all content viable but as I will be mainly focused trying to efficiently run these maps, so I'm looking for a build rather "optimised" for that.

As it will be the first time I choose a Ranger, your tankier version of Ice Shot attracts me a lot.
But I feel it will still be hard when I start, but if it's just that, I love challenges :)

I also have a question about the heartseeker node. Why do we ignore it whereas it looks like we're looking for some crit on the gear?

If you are asking this question and state you want to do 100%, then probably this build is not the right choice.
"
Alcodance wrote:
Hi, I'm thinking of starting this assembly, but I still doubt that starting with an ice shot is something worth doing. Will I be glad to advise you what to do, go through the dead toxic rain and then spec or immediately through the ice shot?

You can do that, but only if you'd have enough currency to re-spec down the line. I wouldn't do that if it were me though, I just don't like to play a split playthrough (levelling =/= endgame)

"
Hey

A headhunter is definitely recommended for 100% delirious, as for how optimized compared to other build it is I can't say, as I don't really play much specifically delirious farming build to comment.

Heartseeker is a decent node, but what's important at that area of the skill tree is to see what Brutal Restraint seed rolls and path towards it. It's what I got for mine and pathed as such.

Like the other guy mentioned, there's probably other more optimized build for the content you're looking for, as it didn't really build this with that in mind.
Last edited by mantol456 on Apr 15, 2021, 6:07:08 PM
I always play 1 character pr. league and I'm intending to do this build as my 3.14 league starter but also take it to endgame. How well do you think this build will do with the 3.14 league mechanic - can it withstand and out-damage the increasingly powerful mobs?
"
Vinnco wrote:
I always play 1 character pr. league and I'm intending to do this build as my 3.14 league starter but also take it to endgame. How well do you think this build will do with the 3.14 league mechanic - can it withstand and out-damage the increasingly powerful mobs?

I probably won't be playing this build for 3.14, but I think it'd do pretty well regardless (still need to see what kind of debuff is common for each stage of ultimatum mechanics though).

Otherwise it's like Simulacrum I guess? (Increasingly difficult mobs fought in an arena style combat). You can view my Simulacrum run on the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info