[3.13] Ivory Ice Nova Inquisitor - Stat stacking, Fanaticism, Spellslinger. All content clear

Hello there,

I have a question. Why do you prefer the frozen bolt projectiles to travel faster ? can we not nuke the mobs more if it travels slower and as it travels slower will there not be more area damage stacking in narrow spaces, especially for bosses?

Cheers.
My experience is kinda positive so far:
Pros:
Fast clear
Relatively cheap(you can really map T16 without much investment) especially compared to the classic nova (average 30/40ex)
high ES pool

Cons:

-Low life without chaos protection makes you one shot on chaos mod, easy shot vs hunter/The Constrictor/random chaos skills from mobs (in this situation I am turning off grace reducing my ES and increasing life)

-Damage is not really high without at least 15/20ex and will be around 3M

Observation:
Fun build, cheap starter, I don't personally agree with focusing on attack speed when we could focus on damage

"
allevart88 wrote:
My experience is kinda positive so far:
Pros:
Fast clear
Relatively cheap(you can really map T16 without much investment) especially compared to the classic nova (average 30/40ex)
high ES pool

Cons:

-Low life without chaos protection makes you one shot on chaos mod, easy shot vs hunter/The Constrictor/random chaos skills from mobs (in this situation I am turning off grace reducing my ES and increasing life)

-Damage is not really high without at least 15/20ex and will be around 3M

Observation:
Fun build, cheap starter, I don't personally agree with focusing on attack speed when we could focus on damage

Good points!

Personally, I 6-linked my ivory tower yesterday.
Nevertheless my inq doesn't deal much dam to uber Izaro.

Yea he can have a lot of ES. My inq has over 9k ES at level 82.

Is he this vulnerable to chaos damage, even cap the res at 75?
"
allevart88 wrote:

That's not the solution. If you can't cap chaos resist, then simply don't use Ivory Tower.
"
allevart88 wrote:
I don't personally agree with focusing on attack speed when we could focus on damage

You aren't supposed to "focus on attack speed", aside from using a proper wand, and IAS support gem with Frenzy.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 2, 2021, 2:17:58 PM
just when my hope whas lost after trying many things myself with fanatic and after searching many fail on the internet i see this.
I saw 1 guy on reddit before, but i wasnt convinced yet. Now i want to try it again instead of rerolling Templar :D

How is the boss damage?
https://pastebin.com/8pB6UiRG

Just took down A8 Sirus with this, died 3 times because of dumb mistakes, but is totally manageable deathless.

Still trying to invest to get the most damage and defense out of the build, any ideas of what to improve first?

Things that come to mind: Anomalous inspiration, tailwind boots

What are your thoughts on grabbing Zealots Oath? since we create consecrated ground with zealotry, it brings my ES regen up to 1,000/s, seems good for bosses
Last edited by Thewarguy on Feb 2, 2021, 8:59:40 PM
Hey I love the idea if the build. I was wondering if this could work kind of the same but using blade fall and blade blast instead?
Enjoying the build so far. Here's my variation to it.

Character name Fweeezer

Hopefully it gives you ideas on how to expand on the build.
Finally hit 100 today. Been playing since Domination and it's my first level 100. Hit top 10 inquis in RSC league. I have updated the leveling guide and gear buying guide.

Some tips for those looking to hit 100 this league:

1) Prioritize Canyon map with the Valdo's Rest harbinger atlas nodes. Make Canyon your favorite map x3 and spam the heck out of it. The experience and currency returns are unprecedented. I guarantee that you cannot lose currency running this map despite how much you invest in your map.

2) Use Stalwart Defenders to make Canyon a t16 map for a bit more exp / better drops. It's very cheap at 8c for 12 uses. Other good map buffs include rusted harbinger and rusted elder scarabs which both add a lot of mobs for only 1-1.5c each.

3) Inspired Learning absolutely wrecks the harbingers in Valdo's Rest. Furthermore, grabbing AoE nodes is much more worthwhile than I expected; I had thought that Fanaticism AoE buff was adequate, but more AoE really is better. It helps single target a bit too. Example PoB with inspired learning and AoE: https://pastebin.com/fwXFuMNP

4) If you farm Valdo's Rest to 100, I can almost guarantee you will earn a headhunter. The raw ancient shard and exalted shard drops already net a decent profit per map and gets amplified to absurd heights with more sextant/scarab investment.

Thanks to all of those for sharing their experience with the build, I'm glad you're able to enjoy it with me.

"
Dovahkiiiin wrote:

Why do you prefer the frozen bolt projectiles to travel faster ? can we not nuke the mobs more if it travels slower and as it travels slower will there not be more area damage stacking in narrow spaces, especially for bosses?

Faster projectiles means your frostbolts reach enemies faster and your clearspeed is faster. Also, with 5 frostbolt projectiles you can really spray the entire screen with ice novas. With 3, the clearspeed feels a bit slower.

For big single bosses like uber elder, I agree that 3 frostbolt projectiles with only 1 frozen trail would be more optimal.

"
mastag wrote:

How is the boss damage?

It's adequate. You might not be phase-skipping t16 drox, but it's definitely enough for all of the endgame bosses, I'd conservatively estimate at the ~15 exalt budget range.

"
Thewarguy wrote:
https://pastebin.com/8pB6UiRG

Just took down A8 Sirus with this, died 3 times because of dumb mistakes, but is totally manageable deathless.

Still trying to invest to get the most damage and defense out of the build, any ideas of what to improve first?

Things that come to mind: Anomalous inspiration, tailwind boots

What are your thoughts on grabbing Zealots Oath? since we create consecrated ground with zealotry, it brings my ES regen up to 1,000/s, seems good for bosses

Nice gear. Yeah I think tailwind would be the biggest thing to improve on first. I think zealot's oath is a fine keystone, I just personally don't really notice it in juiced up t16 maps - cinderswallow does all the heavy lifting there. Furthermore, a lot of maps in endgame will have reduced recovery mods, rendering the keystone useless. But it would be a decent keystone for longer bossfights, for example uber elder.

"
Bahamut_1014 wrote:
Hey I love the idea if the build. I was wondering if this could work kind of the same but using blade fall and blade blast instead?

Could work, but if using Inevitable Judgement you'd need some form of elemental conversion. And triggering Fanaticism would probably be more difficult, so you might instead want to path to Sanctuary / augury of penitence.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Feb 3, 2021, 3:10:48 PM
What tier canyon maps? More than 10 tier?
Can run the map since i 6 linked my IT and my ES is 9k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info