Unable to map file

Same problem here, what i tried to fix it:
- reinstall
- turn off shadows
- turn off AF
- set to windowed mode
- lower resolution

nothing helped for me so far, crash seems to appear every 10 minutes no matter where i am in the game.
Turning off sound may let you play a little longer, you'll have to add --nosound to the end of the Target of your path of exile shortcut. We're working on a fix for this, we'll hopefully have a solution before too long.
Balance & Design
I was in Dark Forest, Act 2, when it first happened. I was messing with my stuff in inventory when the game freezed. I have antialiasing, anisotropic filtering an V-sync turned off, resolution 1280 X 800, everything else on maximum. Game runs fine on nVidia 9600m GT 512 MB.
Ivor "Jesus" Ježabek
Occasionally I'm still getting this error, but adding -nosound helps to fix the problem. Of course, you will have to bear with the silence until GGG comes up with a patch to address this problem. Music does help if you hate the awkward silence. =)
I've been Jay Wilson-ed.
Diablo 3: World of Kitecraft

Immortalsoulz: lvl 72 dual-weapon duelist
Zealato: lvl 41 Elemental bow ranger
This bug happens every time. Not just a coincidence type of thing.

I am 100% sure the game will crash after changing the zone after 40-50 mins of gameplay, especially in places such as Dark Forest.(If it had not crashed already because of some other error- such as out of memory.)

I really hope/wish that this gets fixed.
IGN 1: _Momentum_
2: Kurnaz_Tilki
i have had this problem a couple times, always when in transition .
I've been playing for over a month, and this problem just happened to me for the first time today, when going from River Crossings to Vaal Ruins. If it happens again I'll try it without sound.
From what I notice is that the games uses up alot of CPU memory space, it took about 1.6 GB of memory space before it crashes with "unable to map" error.

I do hope they come with a solution soon.
Same thing happening here. Dark Forest Region nearly every Loading screen is a kind of lottery.

Playing on a
E8400 2x3.0Ghz
HD 5870 1gig vram

Game runs very well except for these crashes when loading a new area... :'(
IGN: Emwega
Same here :( happens alot on act 2 specially.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info