[3.19] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

sirus doesn't feel too good on this build, especially when he's on his last phase (or maybe I just have too low damage to actually make it count). teleports a lot and we have little to no time to actually do damage to him (and that's kinda hard, with our damage delivery being staggered by CWC trigger not being instant).

but hey, sirus a5 dead, on to bigger challenges.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
not gonna lie, Profane Bloom seems like a waste of points at the point i'm at (T7 maps, CWDT hextouch setup). mobs need to get way tankier and/or hit faster so I can proc the curses on stuff. that, or get some other way of cursing stuff :( already switched to aspect of the spider, so there's no way of setting up a blasphemy with something

maybe a ring with curse on hit? or a glove with the curse corruption (kinda hard as fuck to get something usable, tho)

That's an interesting dilemma! Profane Bloom is awesome so far for me with Blasphemy Frostbite. But I do fear that switching from Blasphemy to Aspect will ruin it.

Perhaps the Occultist should go with 4 auras for the endgame. Keep Blasphemy, add Aspect (with Sovereignty probably), and that would also let us add something to the chest 6L (Culling Strike, Blade Blast, Frost Wall, etc).

I thought hard on this one. on late red maps, the CWDT actually starts feeling kinda good, but you still have to get hit to actually curse stuff, and some things just melt right away. people on this thread actually commented on dicthing CWDT altogether and just go for a vortex hextouch playstyle, as you're dropping vortexes all around all the time. So it would be vortex - hextouch - enfeeble - frostbite - bonechill, leaving frostblink open for a second wind support with arcane surge. But I'm not gonna lie, Ball Lightning travelling around and cursing stuff that is far away from you is a great QOL.

Some of these problems may just go away after gearing a lil bit more, so we'll see
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Jan 18, 2021, 6:58:42 PM
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
I thought hard on this one. on late red maps, the CWDT actually starts feeling kinda good, but you still have to get hit to actually curse stuff, and some things just melt right away. people on this thread actually commented on dicthing CWDT altogether and just go for a vortex hextouch playstyle, as you're dropping vortexes all around all the time. So it would be vortex - hextouch - enfeeble - frostbite - bonechill, leaving frostblink open for a second wind support with arcane surge. But I'm not gonna lie, Ball Lightning travelling around and cursing stuff that is far away from you is a great QOL.

Some of these problems may just go away after gearing a lil bit more, so we'll see

Already answered this in the Ascendant thread. Vortex as a curse vessel is TERRIBLE. It's even worse than manually casting curses.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

Already answered this in the Ascendant thread. Vortex as a curse vessel is TERRIBLE. It's even worse than manually casting curses.

yeah, I gave it a go and it was terrible. ball lightning is the way to go, it seems.

also, on the cluster PoB, we use only 1 split personality? one of the medium clusters isn't showing up correctly here on my PoB, and I don't know why (the curse one, next to the split personality jewel).

if we do use a second split personality, is it on the jewel socket of the curse medium cluster?
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Jan 18, 2021, 10:25:35 PM
well i skipped last 2 leagues and new to 5 max icestorm and hm...isn't our boss dmg become too low with 5 icestorms? how we can fix or can we?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
leafyr0kr wrote:

On the subject of curse vessels, what about Firestorm? It has up to 3 AoEs, hits up to 5x a second per storm, and is persistent in an area compared to Ball Lightning, which means it is better for keeping an area cursed as opposed to cursing offscreen in one direction only. According to the Ball Lightning DPS calculator, without AOE or projectile speed supports, Ball Lightning will only deal 5 hits total to humanoid enemies while Firestorm will deal 7-8 hits in an AoE over 1.4s.

I'm thinking Firestorm is especially good against less mobile bosses which will be hit multiple times for any ES gain on hit Watchers' Eyes, or especially in Ritual where in practice you just want to keep an area locked down even more (not that Icestorm does a bad job of it).

Plus, it's thematic! /s
Last edited by Seiyashi7184 on Jan 19, 2021, 3:30:04 AM
Have you considered the trinity support gem in the CwC setup ?
You could proc the fire/lightning with the actual cyclone hit and the cold with the spell.
It is a better damage support than controlled destruction. But perhaps the accuracy/ramp up/cyclone mana cost makes it too gimmicky.

"
Boufforino wrote:
Have you considered the trinity support gem in the CwC setup ?
You could proc the fire/lightning with the actual cyclone hit and the cold with the spell.
It is a better damage support than controlled destruction. But perhaps the accuracy/ramp up/cyclone mana cost makes it too gimmicky.

Trinity cannot support triggered skills, so it would do nothing for Icestorm that is triggered via CwC.
i want to move to clusters

any tips on how to craft the 3 we need in the large? cus paying 5ex for cluster doesnt feel right
i'm feeling like the overlord megalomaniac will be the biggest QOL the build receives after moving to cluster, but I fear we'll have to wait a solid 2 weeks to start seeing those on trade :(
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
also, on the cluster PoB, we use only 1 split personality? one of the medium clusters isn't showing up correctly here on my PoB, and I don't know why (the curse one, next to the split personality jewel).

if we do use a second split personality, is it on the jewel socket of the curse medium cluster?

We used 2 of course. Same as the Ascendant version. Looks like PoB is no longer compatible with the legacy versions in Standard, from the Delirium league, when the sockets were explicit mods.

Fixed the PoB with the current versions from this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info