Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Nah, that's intended because of survivability. Just didn't bother to change the socket colour for inc. area effect back.

If you are having survivability issues, you should probably drop down a few map tiers and just farm currency to buy some better gear.

"
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Nah, that's intended because of survivability. Just didn't bother to change the socket colour for inc. area effect back.

If you are having survivability issues, you should probably drop down a few map tiers and just farm currency to buy some better gear.

Yeah in hindsight I might've just gone too far too fast. I also always forget that there are several levels ahead too. I guess T15 is fine-ish most of the time, but I better stick with 14 first until 15 gets more comfortable, and try 16 (without Maven this time! lol) later.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Having fun with this build so far. Just have a couple of questions.

Curious as to why there is no 4th golem used. I noticed none of the remaining ones would directly help, but just having them active would farther buff the other 3.

Flammability vs. Elemental weakness Curse. I am currently running elemental weakness (leveling flammability in second weapon just in case). Would the ignite from flammability cause EE to proc for fire there by making RF do less damage, or dose EE only proc from direct hits?

I played RF before many seasons ago (don't remember when) don't have the guide linked anymore but I do remember 2 of the gems recommended for RF was Swift Affliction and Arcane Surge. Is that combo still any good and what gems could be replaced if I was ever to find a nice 6 link.

Last question. Found this cluster jewel base and used an alchemy orb on it and got this.
. It seems to be pretty good. Is it worth investing skill points into and should I start investing them now or invest into something else first?

Thanks for the help and the great guide!
"
lythande2002 wrote:

Curious as to why there is no 4th golem used. I noticed none of the remaining ones would directly help, but just having them active would farther buff the other 3.

Flammability vs. Elemental weakness Curse. I am currently running elemental weakness (leveling flammability in second weapon just in case). Would the ignite from flammability cause EE to proc for fire there by making RF do less damage, or dose EE only proc from direct hits?

I played RF before many seasons ago (don't remember when) don't have the guide linked anymore but I do remember 2 of the gems recommended for RF was Swift Affliction and Arcane Surge. Is that combo still any good and what gems could be replaced if I was ever to find a nice 6 link.

Last question. Found this cluster jewel base and used an alchemy orb on it and got this.
. It seems to be pretty good. Is it worth investing skill points into and should I start investing them now or invest into something else first?

The burn ailment doesn't trigger EE. Only a hit does. Flammability decreases the fire resistance a tiny bit more than elemental weakness, at max level by 4%. Elemental weakness would be stronger if it had 23% quality corruption.

For the cluster jewel; I don't know much about them but I think 10-6 is always preferable + 2-3 notables. Uh... yeah, Actually nvm, I don't know enough about them to make a good guess on it :P

Edit: I took a look at some weapon options and MOST of the weapons that would otherwise be awesome add either additional fire or cold damage in general or to spells, making it extremely hard to find a nice weapon! >.<
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Feb 27, 2021, 1:50:09 PM
"
lythande2002 wrote:

1) For the Golems we are socket limited. Since none of the other Golems help our build it is better to socket 3 golems with a support gem (like Culling Strike) and then just summon 4 of them when playing (choose 1 of the 3 to summon twice).

2) Typically for Fire builds, Flammability is stronger. If you have a way to use a second curse, that is when Elemental Weakness can be added. Flammability does not effect EE. EE is only effected when something "hits"

3) I can't answer the support gem question off the top of my head. I would have to play around with POB. I don't think Arcane Sugre is worth it but the swift affliction appears strong from the outside. Wrecker always stresses we want to focus on DOT, but he did not include this support gem I assume for a reason.

4) Unless you are SSF, I would not use that cluster jewel as it has no Passive Skill notables on it. The power of cluster jewels comes from the Notables. If you want to use a large cluster jewel in this build, you want to look for one similar to this. It has 3 passive notables on it:

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 27, 2021, 3:47:25 PM
"
LibraExAnima wrote:

Edit: I took a look at some weapon options and MOST of the weapons that would otherwise be awesome add either additional fire or cold damage in general or to spells, making it extremely hard to find a nice weapon! >.<

I am not going to pretend to be an expert on EE but from what people have explained to me, it is only added Fire damage to attacks that hurts us. Adding Cold may not be an issue as I first assumed.

Here is how it was explained to me based whether using Frost Bomb (cold damage) would effect EE in our setup.

"Unless you have some form of added fire damage to spells, it will still benefit rf. The lightning hit would proc -res to both cold and fire, then the frost bomb hit would proc -res to fire and lightning. Either way, it maintains the -res to fire with both."

The key point is what ever element hits, it reduced the resistance for the other two elements. So as long as we don't hit with fire, (which RF does not hit), we should always have the -50% resist bonus for RF.

"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Spoiler
RF will never be more than "Just about right" damage-wise. Currently I'm facing a problem. While I am able to run everything under T15 just fine, I'm currently farming the Terrace Map (The ones I bought anyways) because I really want that HO, I'm facing problems here.

No matter if in combination with conqueror influence or not (Most mods don't matter, I scour if they get very dangerous ones, I'm eating a ton of damage from regular mob groups up to the point where many groups (Especially at ritual sites and in combination with bosses) almost oneshot me. While that itself is not a problem since most of the time it's just "almost" a oneshot (Thanks Forbidden Taste!), I am unable to complete most of the 3rd or 4th rituals.

I am also, at this point, completely unable to finish Blight encounters or 95% of Harvests. Am I doing something wrong? I don't know. I'm at a loss here >.< I'm starting to think that maybe the extra damage from the Elementalist ascendancy isn't worth the tankiness and mitigation of the Jugg.

Edit: Phoenix is impossible for me, lasted less than 5 seconds even when avoiding his explosion x)
Edit2: Didn't notice the Maven button was on. That was likely the cause lol
Hey LibraExAnima, sorry you're hitting a wall.

Five things:
- I'm not sure how your changes to the tree impact things. There's some life regen missing but I don't know if that'd make or break anything.
- Forbidden Taste hurts you. So having that active at any point gives you Chaos degen for 4 seconds.
- Inspiration likely isn't activating for you. You need a second Inspiration Gem linked to something that's costing mana (like Cyclone). Then Inspiration on RF will work.
- Your weapon adds fire damage to your spell hits But that may not be a big deal since you removed BL.
- Guardian Fights have "tells" that require some experience in the battles to avoid and get used to. There are also certain mods that really make each fight nuts.

I know it wasn't much, but hopefully that helps.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Spoiler
RF will never be more than "Just about right" damage-wise. Currently I'm facing a problem. While I am able to run everything under T15 just fine, I'm currently farming the Terrace Map (The ones I bought anyways) because I really want that HO, I'm facing problems here.

No matter if in combination with conqueror influence or not (Most mods don't matter, I scour if they get very dangerous ones, I'm eating a ton of damage from regular mob groups up to the point where many groups (Especially at ritual sites and in combination with bosses) almost oneshot me. While that itself is not a problem since most of the time it's just "almost" a oneshot (Thanks Forbidden Taste!), I am unable to complete most of the 3rd or 4th rituals.

I am also, at this point, completely unable to finish Blight encounters or 95% of Harvests. Am I doing something wrong? I don't know. I'm at a loss here >.< I'm starting to think that maybe the extra damage from the Elementalist ascendancy isn't worth the tankiness and mitigation of the Jugg.

Edit: Phoenix is impossible for me, lasted less than 5 seconds even when avoiding his explosion x)
Edit2: Didn't notice the Maven button was on. That was likely the cause lol
Hey LibraExAnima, sorry you're hitting a wall.

Five things:
- I'm not sure how your changes to the tree impact things. There's some life regen missing but I don't know if that'd make or break anything.
- Forbidden Taste hurts you. So having that active at any point gives you Chaos degen for 4 seconds.
- Inspiration likely isn't activating for you. You need a second Inspiration Gem linked to something that's costing mana (like Cyclone). Then Inspiration on RF will work.
- Your weapon adds fire damage to your spell hits But that may not be a big deal since you removed BL.
- Guardian Fights have "tells" that require some experience in the battles to avoid and get used to. There are also certain mods that really make each fight nuts.

I know it wasn't much, but hopefully that helps.

I'm not a very patient person and get way over my head very quickly. Pairs well with my other mind conditions, heh. But yeah, as I said I aimed too high too quickly. I just replaced my gloves and run some labs for the glove enchantment, the name I forgot but I'll recognize it when I see it.

Inspiration wasn't linked in my boots because I used life gain on hit for a while for farming the terrace map for the beautiful Arboreal Hideout (With no luck, may I add) and the boss there with his weird dot that kept almost killing my a few times.

I'm always having an eye out for a better (and affordable) weapon. Most good weapons we want add fire or cold damage either to spells or spells and attacks, which makes it very difficult to find a good fit. So I'll have to life without BL for now - but only for now! :D

I'm having the sound of PoE switched off except for chat notifications and the filter I use because I'm running Netflix in the background (otherwise I'd be bored to death with the game x)), I guess that complicates things a bit. But good to know! I'll keep that in mind once I drop another T16 map and am able to more or less comfortably run it.
oh my god I am so stupid.

When I read the Elemancer node on the Ascendency, I mistakenly thought this line was referring to the Golems. It actually refers to us instead, making us fulling elemental immune (no ignite, shock, chill, freeze, scorch, brittle or sap) when we have at least 3 summoned.

35% chance to avoid elemental ailments per Summoned Golem.

That is a really nice QOL to not have to worry about with flasks.
"
lythande2002 wrote:
Spoiler

Awesome lythande2002!

Thanks for your time! That's very kind of you and I'm glad you like the guide.

Ya, a lot has changed with many older metas. The Swift/Surge combo still works, but it's no longer a "go-to" with some single gem options being stronger than it now.

You're more than welcome to add anything instead of Infernal Legion ;). I would put either the Ice Golem for increased Accuracy and Crit chance (EO) or Culling Strike (low level). But ya, anything works. I still run 4 golems for the sake of agro, but the 4th is just a second Stone Golem.

Damage Over Time doesn't hurt EE, only Hits do. So if a fire skill hits an enemy, we get the negative effects of EE. But as soon as Ball Lightning hits the enemy, we get the positive effects of EE...even if the previous fire skill's burning is still on the enemy. Increasing our Ignite chance does help with the damage potential of Combustion, so I suggest Flammability.

Nice jewel! I'd go for it and put points into it. That's nice. Respec'ing out of Cluster Jewels is really cheap anyway just in case a better one comes along. Nice roll!

Thanks again for the kind words. Ask whatever you like.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info