Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
anraiki wrote:
"
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Giev. Even ignoring the max res boost this shield looks delicious aside from the fact that it isn't armour based x)

Yeah, the evasion is almost useless I think.

However the more I look into this, the more the fire res max is really good. I think it opens up the following mod as really good on armor, late in end game, if I can squeeze it in.

(11-15)% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage

I can't complain for only 20c! It should at worst be a nice shield while early mapping.

For 20c? Amazing.

It is a very nice looking shield and when you get a chance, invest in crafting one yourself.

They are not hard to craft.

1 - Grab a t1 Fire dmg Shield base for 1ex here: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/PP9988qsL

1.2 - (If you want to invest a bit more, imprint it for good suffix or buy one with it - 30c +)

2. Regal it for a suffix. If it is a prefix, re-print it and go again.

3. Now you should have 2 open prefixs and 1 open suffix.

4. Craft "(Low) Fire as extra Chaos Dmg" prefix

5. Harvest Craft 2x Augment Fire. If you are lucky, you only need 1 to get "+1 to All Fire Spell Skills"

6. Remove "Fire as Extra Chaos Dmg" prefix and replace it with Life.

Now you have a great shield.

Thank you for the steps!

I tend to be a buyer and not a crafter due to lack of knowledge and lack of confidence.

I have been experimenting with Harvest this league, just getting used to the basic augments and removes etc, and I am fairly comfortable at the crafting bench in hideout. As such, I understand steps 3-6.

I do not understand steps 1.2 and 2 because I don't know what "imprint" and "reprint" mean. I will see if I can find online.

Thank you again!
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 25, 2021, 7:36:19 PM
"
"
Spoiler
And this is not so much a question as it is theory crafting.

I know the build by definition has almost no usage of skills outside of cyclone but I have seen on other builds how powerful a Trigger Wand can be.

It makes me wonder whether it is worth it to use a trigger wand in place of the one of the CWDT's set ups so that we can better control when things happen instead of waiting to be hit?

The only down side is that Cyclone is the only skill we use and if you hold the button down, it only counts as one skills use so the game play would change a bit in fights to tap cyclone to cast the spells. There are some keyboard tricks you can use here that make the downtime of cyclone almost 0 and you can still cast the spells from the weapon at will.

At first glance, the Ball Lightning Setup appears perfect for a trigger wand.
Yup. Trigger wands can save gem space for sure if it fits your playstyle. Go for it. You could still keep a movement skill for Fortify and Inspiration as well.

If I am not mistaken, I can get the trigger effect in a Scepter which I think allows me to use Cyclone as the build guide shows...
"
Spoiler
"
"
Spoiler
And this is not so much a question as it is theory crafting.

I know the build by definition has almost no usage of skills outside of cyclone but I have seen on other builds how powerful a Trigger Wand can be.

It makes me wonder whether it is worth it to use a trigger wand in place of the one of the CWDT's set ups so that we can better control when things happen instead of waiting to be hit?

The only down side is that Cyclone is the only skill we use and if you hold the button down, it only counts as one skills use so the game play would change a bit in fights to tap cyclone to cast the spells. There are some keyboard tricks you can use here that make the downtime of cyclone almost 0 and you can still cast the spells from the weapon at will.

At first glance, the Ball Lightning Setup appears perfect for a trigger wand.
Yup. Trigger wands can save gem space for sure if it fits your playstyle. Go for it. You could still keep a movement skill for Fortify and Inspiration as well.

If I am not mistaken, I can get the trigger effect in a Scepter which I think allows me to use Cyclone as the build guide shows...

You mean Trigger Sceptre + Elemental Weakness (I guess that works?) + Flammability + Ball Lightning? Or does it only trigger one? In that case I wouldn't know what to put.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
"
LibraExAnima wrote:

You mean Trigger Sceptre + Elemental Weakness (I guess that works?) + Flammability + Ball Lightning? Or does it only trigger one? In that case I wouldn't know what to put.

for a trigger scepter, it can trigger up to 3 spells. In our base build we can only use one curse.

In our case I want to put these 3 gems in:

Storm Brand - Inc Crit Strikes - Flammability

Storm Brand will function very similar to Ball Lightning, but it has a higher base chance to crit. By linking Inc Crit strikes, I can use the Scepter to continually proc Elemental Overload and Elemental Equilibrium with out any need for us to get hit. The Flammability goes in here as well for a free cast when fighting.

There is a small keyboard trick some one taught me to make this work.

Since we have so few keys to press, we keep cyclone on right mouse and keep that pressed all the time. We also map Cyclone to a different key. Then when ever we want to cast the spells in the scepter, we simply tap the second key that Cyclone is bound to. It will make cyclone stop and start almost instantly with no down time, but it is enough to trigger the scepter.

3 taps each pack and then just keep spinning until all dead.

You can also do this with just the right mouse key, but Cyclones down time is a little bit longer. It may not make a difference though so I am going to experiment with both.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 25, 2021, 7:26:23 PM
But we don't have enough crit to reliably crit, I think. That's also the reason why I didn't skill overload ^^ Wouldn't it be better to just put Elemental Weakness in instead of crit?
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
But we don't have enough crit to reliably crit, I think. That's also the reason why I didn't skill overload ^^ Wouldn't it be better to just put Elemental Weakness in instead of crit?

Storm Brand will crit just fine. EO is one of our most powerful nodes. You only need to crit once every 8 seconds to keep it active and Storm Brand (or even Ball Lightning) will do that just fine.

Unless you have an a way in your build to cast dual curses, you should just stick to flammability.
This is probably my most valuable item in my stash. Can this work for this build? I know the extra ES is wasted for health, but I think the ES would still add to the damage, as would the frenzy charges (which cyclone would proc easily).

Let me know before I sell it. I would rather repurpose it for this build if possible.

The biggest question I have is whether the explody part works in our build since we don't scale any physical damage.

===========================

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 25, 2021, 9:31:13 PM
@LibraExAnima I was looking at your set up and noticed you were using Atziri's Promise.

The damage effects (Gain x% of elemental damage as extra chaos damage) does not work with Righteous Fire. Conversion effects like Atziri's Promise uses only work with on hit effects.
I am well aware of that ^^ I use it for the chaos resistance.
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
I am well aware of that ^^ I use it for the chaos resistance.

That is what I figured.

IMO, it would be better to use a basic Amethyst Flask to cover the chaos resist and then you could add two affixes to it that might help your build since none of the Atziri Promise affixes are helping you.

Things like Immunity to shock, or immunity to curses can be helpful when mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info