[3.13] UPDATING... BladeBlast/Bladefall MoM Scion | Tanky | 🌟Nuke bosses 20M+

"
_SystemNick_ wrote:
Enjoying build so far, except I feel that I lack damage. Can't really say what can drastically improve clear speed and single target DPS for me.
Bosses take quite some time but it's good that build can survive such long encounters. Having a chance to tank Sirus beams is nice.
Sometimes I also can't see shit on the screen because it's full of falling blades, explosions and gore, easy to miss Sirus projection attacks on 1-2 phase.

My POB: https://pastebin.com/bCk1kK6b

Maybe more flat lightning damage or crit chance will improve overall experience?
Or is it possible I'm playing this build wrong lmao? Hadn't experience with archmage and intensify supports or 2-button combinations like BF/BB before, so maybe I should adjust my button-smashing-skills?

Also, what other decent cluster jewels you people use? Cuz medium Distilled Perfection + Liquid Inspiration or large Seal Mender + Arcane Heroism + Sap Psyche are quite hard to craft and costy to buy.

Your sceptres can still be improved a looooot. Added lightning damage + non-chaos as extra chaos damage being the best mods to put on. Also you should +20% most of your gems, except the ones supporting bladefall and adding area of effect (since it increases bladefall spread, which increases the damage spread of blade blast).

If you look up people playing the build on poeninja you can generally get a good feel of what to upgrade next. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Ascendant&skill=Bladefall,Blade-Blast
"
Lemonfresh wrote:
"
_SystemNick_ wrote:
Enjoying build so far, except I feel that I lack damage. Can't really say what can drastically improve clear speed and single target DPS for me.
Bosses take quite some time but it's good that build can survive such long encounters. Having a chance to tank Sirus beams is nice.
Sometimes I also can't see shit on the screen because it's full of falling blades, explosions and gore, easy to miss Sirus projection attacks on 1-2 phase.

My POB: https://pastebin.com/bCk1kK6b

Maybe more flat lightning damage or crit chance will improve overall experience?
Or is it possible I'm playing this build wrong lmao? Hadn't experience with archmage and intensify supports or 2-button combinations like BF/BB before, so maybe I should adjust my button-smashing-skills?

Also, what other decent cluster jewels you people use? Cuz medium Distilled Perfection + Liquid Inspiration or large Seal Mender + Arcane Heroism + Sap Psyche are quite hard to craft and costy to buy.

Your sceptres can still be improved a looooot. Added lightning damage + non-chaos as extra chaos damage being the best mods to put on. Also you should +20% most of your gems, except the ones supporting bladefall and adding area of effect (since it increases bladefall spread, which increases the damage spread of blade blast).

If you look up people playing the build on poeninja you can generally get a good feel of what to upgrade next. https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Ascendant&skill=Bladefall,Blade-Blast

-Your build actually isn't bad! What are you doing in regards to your skill rotation? If and when possible, sit in your Sigil and shotgun the enemy when your arcane cloak is up (build the sigil charges before the fight by spamming BB inside as well.) Building intensify charges is key to really ripping bosses however holding these charges is rather unpleasing and unrealistic since it often leads to facetanking and then dying to one-shots and RNG since we don't actually have many layers of defense besides mana alone.

-The large cluster for sure is a big part in hitting big numbers since you can get a lot of increased spell damage and mana regen.

-Having Inc Duration and Second wind linked with Arcane Cloak isn't technically a DPS boost but your window of blasting enemies during uptime becomes a lot longer. Also, replace the Conductivity with Assassin's Mark, Zealotry with Wrath, and remove Inc Crit Damage for Lightning Pen.

-Your BF/spell cascade should NOT have any quality since we don't actually want the BF to spread further out. (AoE overlap is where we get our damage)

-If you can, craft a influenced belt for this build. They can be done fairly cheap since most of the damage mods if you opt for a Crusader base can be blocked and slammed very easily.

-I love this build to death but it's why I switched back over to Ball Lightning miner since the damage is a lot more "consistent" imo vs the crazy ramp that this build has. Having to manually cast BB at 1k+ mana every time is very bad since having a high mana pool also equates to survivability.
Last edited by ickey_mickey on Feb 2, 2021, 2:31:27 PM
"
ickey_mickey wrote:

-I love this build to death but it's why I switched back over to Ball Lightning miner since the damage is a lot more "consistent" imo vs the crazy ramp that this build has. Having to manually cast BB at 1k+ mana every time is very bad since having a high mana pool also equates to survivability.

I also have to say this is probably my most favourite build I played since I started playing mid Perandus! And I have leveled more than 12 chars to 100 and many many more at 98+!

I feel like I'm reaching the levels of my 5 mirror aurastacker from last league, dmg wise it's really close and on tankyness front it's almost there too now!

The scaling gets very very nice and powerful once your gear gets fairly well rolled! I'm currently rolling with 4.4k life, 8.4k mana where ~8k is unreserved and the huge mana pool is just insane! I think key to not feeling like you have mana regen problems is stack some mana recovery, it's really powerful multiplier on top of everything you have!

I have now done everything in this league, t19 juiced 100% delirious maps, couple sirus9, deathless Maven, UElder etc. Any of the boss phases take a second and I still have some room to improve my gear!

In the start I was kinda sceptic towards the guy with 100m dps pob earlier in the thread but now I'm starting to realize that's very real!
Also wanted to point out that jewels can make this build very powerful!

For the cost of 2 passive tree points you an get a jewel slot which could give you 4 useful affixes. Max life, Max Mana and 2 damage stats - it's imo very powerful and if you manage to roll 10% stun avoidance on 3 of your jewels, either abyss, cobalts, prismatics or cluster jewels - you can free up 2 points from Heart of Oak for another jewel slot!

Sadly similar jewels have skyrocketed in price lately, due to many other archmage builds starting to utilizing them but you can always keep couple cobalt bases in your stash to reforge crit, prefix or suffix with harvest crafting - very very powerful tools!

Whta I have done is just buy something with either suffixes or prefixes completed and then keep rerolling until you can make something powerful with it, same goes with other item slots like belt, ring etc.

Two examples I wanted to show are:

The belt needs reforge suffix/keep prefix reforge until mana recovery rate (Belt has to be shaper/redeemer* base to be able to roll it)
Jewel I bought the Spell crit mult and global crit mult with 2 random prefixes for cheap, kept rerolling prefixes until i landed mana, then either non-life to life and pray it doesnt remove mana 50/50 or remove speed modifier, augment life modifier and remadd life until % max life! (Cobalts only have life prefixes so rather easy to get what I'd say BIS jewels in the end!

Otherways you can use my link to keep scouting on decent jewels, it has a pool of very useful mods for us!

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/yVWOwLWcR

In general a good tip is to always have your stash full of half made items, bases etc that you can utilize the harvest crafting with, because it's simply the most powerful thing in the game in my opinion. Sadly you have to learn how prefixes and suffixes work, what items can roll etc and that takes some time, if you're completely new to it!
Last edited by larsahh_ on Feb 2, 2021, 9:21:29 PM
currently lvl 60 on hc i wont to make it work badly lol.
"
ickey_mickey wrote:
What are you doing in regards to your skill rotation?

Basically, when I don't have a lot of space (rituals etc) I cast Sigil of Power, optionally drop smoke mine (when I pop metamorph without checking it's skills and just pray) and prepare my Arcane Cloak when I'm on full mana. Then I start switching between BF and BB trying to make it not too fast and keep timing perfectly so my screen is constantly blowing up. The problem is I randomly get low mana in this situation and even 100% mana flask uptime can't sustain me. The good part is that the mana never falls lower than ~15% and I don't die.

"
ickey_mickey wrote:
- large cluster for increased spell damage and mana regen
- Conductivity -> Assassin's Mark
- Zealotry -> Wrath
- Inc Crit Damage -> Lightning Pen

Large cluster sounds great, but 3-notables jewel that I want doesn't exist on trade and is insane to craft. Unfortunately even trash jewels with just "Seal Mender" are overpriced. So I guess I'll stick to something that will do "just ok-ish" though I'm not sure that the change will be noticeable as the reachable tree nodes on my lvl 93 are powerful enough.

Regarding gem swaps: are you suggesting to switch to non-crit build? (or at least rely on crits less & increase base damage)
Don't really want to swap Zealotry for Wrath rn as I have a nice Watcher's Eye that gives me cast speed.

I also have an idea: chest with "explo + additional curse" and a ring with "trigger assassin's mark". Not sure about it but I'll give it a try.

I made some changes to my character. Phase Run on LMB makes build a sportcar, speedy af. I also noticed that I don't really have a lot of opportunities to trigger fortify with Vigilant Strike so I removed it completely and fit Unnatural Instinct.
profile - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_SystemNick_/characters
pob - https://pastebin.com/j8WZ1QmY
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SystemNick
Last edited by _SystemNick_ on Feb 3, 2021, 6:36:42 PM
What's best way to even play this build, wait for 4 unleash stacks then explode em or just spam them and explode fast as u can.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
How SSF viable would this build be?
My build is starting to feel pretty strong. Switching to cloak of defiance was huge for survivability, the extra 1% regen and skill point made it worthwhile to me.

I'm also using awakened inc AOE to get the carcass jack effect and it was only a ~2% dps loss off existing links. But in reality its a single target DPS gain since I have more overlap.

Not sure what else to work on getting next, I think explody/curse chest is more dmg but you lose survivability. I'm near invincible rn can face tank most things.
"
_SystemNick_ wrote:
"
ickey_mickey wrote:
What are you doing in regards to your skill rotation?

Basically, when I don't have a lot of space (rituals etc) I cast Sigil of Power, optionally drop smoke mine (when I pop metamorph without checking it's skills and just pray) and prepare my Arcane Cloak when I'm on full mana. Then I start switching between BF and BB trying to make it not too fast and keep timing perfectly so my screen is constantly blowing up. The problem is I randomly get low mana in this situation and even 100% mana flask uptime can't sustain me. The good part is that the mana never falls lower than ~15% and I don't die.

"
ickey_mickey wrote:
- large cluster for increased spell damage and mana regen
- Conductivity -> Assassin's Mark
- Zealotry -> Wrath
- Inc Crit Damage -> Lightning Pen

Large cluster sounds great, but 3-notables jewel that I want doesn't exist on trade and is insane to craft. Unfortunately even trash jewels with just "Seal Mender" are overpriced. So I guess I'll stick to something that will do "just ok-ish" though I'm not sure that the change will be noticeable as the reachable tree nodes on my lvl 93 are powerful enough.

Regarding gem swaps: are you suggesting to switch to non-crit build? (or at least rely on crits less & increase base damage)
Don't really want to swap Zealotry for Wrath rn as I have a nice Watcher's Eye that gives me cast speed.

I also have an idea: chest with "explo + additional curse" and a ring with "trigger assassin's mark". Not sure about it but I'll give it a try.

I made some changes to my character. Phase Run on LMB makes build a sportcar, speedy af. I also noticed that I don't really have a lot of opportunities to trigger fortify with Vigilant Strike so I removed it completely and fit Unnatural Instinct.
profile - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_SystemNick_/characters
pob - https://pastebin.com/j8WZ1QmY

-Explody can also be done on your weapon should you choose to go that route.

-For the gem swap, no it doesn't switch to a "non-crit" build. You will still in fact build crit however swapping to the gems that I listed have shown a great increase in DPS when I swapped them in on my PoB. Lost of people running similar stuff also using a similar link setup as well on poe.ninja from what I can tell. But like you said, if you already have a nice Watcher's Eye then I'd leave the Zealotry on.

-Yeah I've also wanted to try out Unnatural Instinct as well but didn't want to spend currency for that at the time and so I kept Vigilant Strike. Linking it with Ancestral Call was a big help as you will miss so much lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info