The Easiest of the Easy Beginner Build Guides [1.1 SotV UPDATED]

Are you flat out against running a single aura now? I've been running Hatred with my current passive setup, mostly similar (though perhaps less efficient) to the original 1.0 updated tree.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wR-BS0F-QguFCAUcRXwGS4ZihmOGbQZ_hpVGo8bASFgJbwn7SmlLIUs6S2DMn426DpSOlhAoEGqTipQR1oaWz1gS2EhZKNqk3KpdO108XrvfNl9dYTvhxmXBpuNnrmfy6cwrKqvp6_rtkG53bvjwA_EosrT037Uj9Xt37_qYu2D7w7vevIv9qP22vcy97746_qx-wn-uv7I

Out of my current 2198 life it reserves 616 (28%) with the 45% from the tree and a level 12 Reduced Mana gem. I've been having mixed results: my damage shoots up quite a lot from the level 15 Hatred aura, but I have some difficulty staying alive against tougher mobs--I don't die much, but I've come close quite a lot.

Would you say it's a better idea to use the 10 or so respec points to drop the aura entirely and go for the defense trigger with extra endurance charges, or stick with what I have? Is the Enduring Cry/Molten Shell/Totem setup viable without those extra Endurance Charge nodes?

I'm currently level 63 in A3 Merciless, with decent enough gear (capped Lightning/Fire res, 42% Cold, using Frenzy and Ice Shot). I took the Frenzy charge from the bandits.

Also, if I had to choose between Chain and Faster Attacks on Ice Shot, which one would be better?
Last edited by Stealthrider on Oct 29, 2013, 9:44:01 AM
Thanks for the build update!
\(o_o)/ *** Path of Exile *** \(o_o)/
"
Stealthrider wrote:
Are you flat out against running a single aura now? I've been running Hatred with my current passive setup, mostly similar (though perhaps less efficient) to the original 1.0 updated tree.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B5wR-BS0F-QguFCAUcRXwGS4ZihmOGbQZ_hpVGo8bASFgJbwn7SmlLIUs6S2DMn426DpSOlhAoEGqTipQR1oaWz1gS2EhZKNqk3KpdO108XrvfNl9dYTvhxmXBpuNnrmfy6cwrKqvp6_rtkG53bvjwA_EosrT037Uj9Xt37_qYu2D7w7vevIv9qP22vcy97746_qx-wn-uv7I

Out of my current 2198 life it reserves 616 (28%) with the 45% from the tree and a level 12 Reduced Mana gem. I've been having mixed results: my damage shoots up quite a lot from the level 15 Hatred aura, but I have some difficulty staying alive against tougher mobs--I don't die much, but I've come close quite a lot.

Would you say it's a better idea to use the 10 or so respec points to drop the aura entirely and go for the defense trigger with extra endurance charges, or stick with what I have? Is the Enduring Cry/Molten Shell/Totem setup viable without those extra Endurance Charge nodes?

I'm currently level 63 in A3 Merciless, with decent enough gear (capped Lightning/Fire res, 42% Cold, using Frenzy and Ice Shot). I took the Frenzy charge from the bandits.

Also, if I had to choose between Chain and Faster Attacks on Ice Shot, which one would be better?

Yeah, I dont think its worth it unless you are planning on just farming docks at endgame. Better off spending those points on something else - like endurance charges.

The trigger setup would still be worth it with only 3-4 charges but you should get them if you can. Droping that aura will get you that life reserved back as well as points to get more endurance charges! Huge survivability boost.

Chain is better but I think you should do whatever it takes to run both chain and faster attacks.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Keep in mind you can drop life gain on hit/life leech gem once you can do some damage and have blood drinker OR life leech on your gear.

You don't need much. 1-2% is all you need. This frees up one gem slot.

This only works for physical damage output though as the leech you find on gear and blood drinker only works with physical damage.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 30, 2013, 11:40:38 AM
Thanks for the guide.

I'm starting as a fresh noob with this one, getting bored of marauder spaming ground slam.

As the new skill tree has been released, can you sum up just in a very few lines the very first nodes which must be taken ?

I didn't take heart of oak and went for the life nodes. Should I take heart of Oak now or can it wait after having gone for Iron Reflexes ?

Do I have to kill all the bandits ? Or maybe a +40 life bonus is more interesting ?

Thanks, you did a very nice job, hope you'll be keeping updating it.
Last edited by Blattun on Oct 31, 2013, 5:10:01 PM
"
Blattun wrote:
Thanks for the guide.

I'm starting as a fresh noob with this one, getting bored of marauder spaming ground slam.

As the new skill tree has been released, can you sum up just in a very few lines the very first nodes which must be taken ?

I didn't take heart of oak and went for the life nodes. Should I take heart of Oak now or can it wait after having gone for Iron Reflexes ?

Do I have to kill all the bandits ? Or maybe a +40 life bonus is more interesting ?

Thanks, you did a very nice job, hope you'll be keeping updating it.

1. about first nodes to take: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/300860/page/6#p4993930

2. about bandits. it's never a bad idea to take the 40 life reward because you can't get this much life with a passive skill point.

3. about iron reflex/oak heart. see link

good luck.
Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 1, 2013, 11:40:11 AM
Updated the OP with a minor improvement to the passive tree for the BM variant

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBr-ubjQgu7YMZjgBe037EogX5GwEZ_v7Io4qbJjIBshnPeu967g4j9u_wWkhW-vzFZ6CHdkp93Q2QCluvTioppbZBapPV7cAP0k2-p-pizZjexkMxG8heE4TvdO1672BLBS1AoJ65YSEaVWSjNug6UjJ-Aeefy6cwFHFBqt-_-Ov3MnKpfNmsqiftGS7Uj7nd8i_vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtgV8DpYBH6HGfe-FCBQR_Pd-WO95loaEuHZYVcNkc4a29wVp9Q=

Removed heart of oak and specced through some attspd/dmg nodes and 1 dex point. Nice damage boost and slightly less life/regen (we have more than enough already).
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
ZiggyD wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBr-ubjQgu7YMZjgBe037EogX5GwEZ_v7Io4qbJjIBshnPeu967g4j9u_wWkhW-vzFZ6CHdkp93Q2QCluvTioppbZBapPV7cAP0k2-p-pizZjexkMxG8heE4TvdO1672BLBS1AoJ65YSEaVWSjNug6UjJ-Aeefy6cwFHFBqt-_-Ov3MnKpfNmsqiftGS7Uj7nd8i_vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtgV8DpYBH6HGfe-FCBQR_Pd-WO95loaEuHZYVcNkc4a29wVp9Q=

Removed heart of oak and specced through some attspd/dmg nodes and 1 dex point. Nice damage boost and slightly less life/regen (we have more than enough already).

Makes sense. Those previous three points only give us 1% life regen and 4% max life when we have unwavering stance.

There's a 6% attack speed node right next to fury bolts that might be worth getting also.
Hi an thx for the Build. I'm very new in PoE and this is one Guide is understand as a noob:)

I already played a few Levels but I don't understand how to decide which Gems to level or to leave at Lvl 1. I miss a detailed Section for the Skills in this Guide.

So I already get Burning, Split and Poison Arrow. Should i leave them on max Lvl 5 (I often read this in Forums) or keep leveling them? And the same Question for all the other Skills in this Guide. Leveling or leave at 1?

Sorry for my bad english:)
"
ZiggyD wrote:

^^ Thanks for the update. Just hit 65 with this build, thanks for the share & work.
\(o_o)/ *** Path of Exile *** \(o_o)/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info