The Easiest of the Easy Beginner Build Guides [1.1 SotV UPDATED]

The passive tree is going to need an update for this build. The recent patch has broken it.

"
PsychicSmurf wrote:
The passive tree is going to need an update for this build. The recent patch has broken it.

Indeed! I'll see what I can come up with. Post back soon!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Alrighty! In light of the new changes here are two proposed passive skill trees that you can use.

Elemental Damage Variant
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4CcQSzBS0ILg48Dq0UTRRxGNsZLhmOGbQaOCFgI_Yn7Si1KU8ppSzpMgkyiTpSQKBBqkOcSn1QUFRJVgRX4lhjWfNaSFuvXz9gS2CIYVJnoGqTcql07XTxd-V463rvfNl9dYKbhmCHdozPkAqQVZuNnrmfy6IAp4Sn1Kyqr-u53bvjvqfAD8AaxKLG2MrT0k3TftSP1e3cFdyC3Q3fv-cK51LqYuw47YPuDu8O707veu_w8i_z3fZI9zL46_qx_MX-uv7I

For your traditional Thicket with Tri Ele rolls style of damage dealing

Physical Conversion Variant
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4CcQSzBS0ILg48Dq0UTRRxFSAY2xkuGY4ZtBn-GjgbASFgJ-0otSmlKk0s6TIJMn4yiTpSPydAoEGqQ5xKfVBQVElWBFfiWGNZ81uvXz9gS2CIYVJnoGqTbqpyqXTtdPF35XrvfNl9dYZgh3aMz5AKkFWbjZ65n8uiAKeEp9Ssqq-nr-u53bvjvqfAD8AaxKLG2MrT0k3TftSP1e3cFd0N37_nUupi7Djtg-8O707vevIv8932SPaj9zL46_qx_MX-uv7I

For use with a High Phys damage bow and the added fire support gem. The other tree is probably superior but gearing this one will be much cheaper.

Also updated the OP so feel free to just refer to it.

Ps loving coming back to this thread to see a bunch of discussion!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
Last edited by ZiggyD on Jul 16, 2013, 6:27:06 AM
which one would you suggest? since my gear still isn't that spectacular, what way would you go Ziggy?

BTW: Thanks for this guide and all the great tutorials, really helped me a lot to get into this complex game!!
Are there any specific gear recommendations? I would love to see a list of gears that I should work towards to maximize the potential of this build!
"
TheAndereth wrote:
which one would you suggest? since my gear still isn't that spectacular, what way would you go Ziggy?

BTW: Thanks for this guide and all the great tutorials, really helped me a lot to get into this complex game!!

I'd say the elemental one is still better since you are going blood magic and wont be able to use hatred.

That said, at end game you can potentially drop BM, pick up hatred and then steer towards a physical setup with more potential.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
mokflurry wrote:
Are there any specific gear recommendations? I would love to see a list of gears that I should work towards to maximize the potential of this build!

Gearing:

- Pure Evasion gear is best! You have some evasion nodes and you will get the most armor from wearing pure evasion gear. That said, if you find a sweet Armor or Armor+EV piece feel free to use it.

- Life! Life! Life! As a blood magic build with a lot of %Life nodes any max life mods you get on your gear will help you a lot.

- Elemental Damage mods and attack speed. These will scale the best and give you massive boosts to damage. You will still also leech from ele damage thanks to the way the Life Leech gem works.

- Avoid Crit chance/multiplier and accuracy. All of these mods are useless thanks to taking Resolute technique.

- Resists are always important. Attempt to max the elemental resists and try to aim for at least 0% chaos resist in merciless.

- Weapon Elemental Damage mods on jewellery, quivers and belts are great!

A Lioneye's Glare should probably be your end game goal as it will allow you to drop Resolute Technique and start stacking some crit chance.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
I just started playing this game and I am following your build to the letter.

The new passive tree had me confused. Is there any broad guidelines when using the new passive tree?

I went ahead and grabbed the bow passives and I am working my way down and will follow the natural path.
Thanks ZiggyD!
Hi. I am a beginner of this game.

1) Why don't we get the three 8% elemental nodes on the right side anymore?
2) How are we supposed to follow the passive skill tree? When do we pick up each skill?
3) Why don't we get the three 6% life nodes under Beef (+30 str)
4) Should the focus still be on evasion gear with max life and resistances?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info