The Easiest of the Easy Beginner Build Guides [1.1 SotV UPDATED]

"
Endurack wrote:
ZiggyD, I have been really interested in your videos for a few weeks now and I am very happy with all of them. You honestly make me want to keep playing even though I keep dying >.> (Level 50 is my curse, 3 of them all die in A3 Cruel)

Anyway, my most recent character was your higher damage LA build. I was having SERIOUS mana issues the entire time I played, and I knew once I got to blood magic it would go away, but the problem was I was level 49 and not even close to BM. So, I saw this asked a few times in previous posts, I actually scoured the entire thing, and aside from page 4 where someone uploaded a build they suggested (it didn't load correctly for me so I actually can't see what to do) there is no mention of how to level the character.

I am asking if you could PLESAE PLEASE upload a leveling progression for each build, or at least the high damage LA one? It would help me so much, I want to play this character, but when I can only fire off 5 shots before I am chuggin flasks, and then over half the time I am running around with no mana because my flasks are empty makes it really difficult.

So, perdy perdy please can you help me rush to BM?

Have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4aZrsY9M5qAP6P6vcrqU7XedCJi3mQTE

He's doing a series leveling up the LA variant of this character. BM before normal Dominus, and shows the tree progression as he goes.
Last edited by Thaelyn on Nov 17, 2013, 12:56:02 PM
"
Endurack wrote:
ZiggyD, I have been really interested in your videos for a few weeks now and I am very happy with all of them. You honestly make me want to keep playing even though I keep dying >.> (Level 50 is my curse, 3 of them all die in A3 Cruel)

Anyway, my most recent character was your higher damage LA build. I was having SERIOUS mana issues the entire time I played, and I knew once I got to blood magic it would go away, but the problem was I was level 49 and not even close to BM. So, I saw this asked a few times in previous posts, I actually scoured the entire thing, and aside from page 4 where someone uploaded a build they suggested (it didn't load correctly for me so I actually can't see what to do) there is no mention of how to level the character.

I am asking if you could PLESAE PLEASE upload a leveling progression for each build, or at least the high damage LA one? It would help me so much, I want to play this character, but when I can only fire off 5 shots before I am chuggin flasks, and then over half the time I am running around with no mana because my flasks are empty makes it really difficult.

So, perdy perdy please can you help me rush to BM?

You can skim through his survival guide videos on his youtube channel, he is playing the LA BM build for the video guides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eL6CBgQOE&feature=player_detailpage#t=585

^ The video where he is respecing skill tree, and eventually picks up BM. He opens his skill tree at around the 8:50 mark.
I'm now back in game.
Last edited by ManageGlow on Nov 17, 2013, 12:58:44 PM
mortal conviction next to blood magic keystone was buffed no?
now reduces cost of aura by 40%
anyone tried to run one aura on life now? is it a possibility?
hatred would fit in perfectly.

Last edited by kompaniet on Nov 17, 2013, 1:01:39 PM
Hey, been following this build and enjoying it so far, was just wondering if there was a broken down progession for the passive tree? just a little unsure which nodes i would be better of hitting first cheers :D
I've changed my Ranger from Frozen Arrow to Lightning Arrow, using your recommended build.
The char did play well, but now I'm stuck in A3 cruel - I've absolutely no chance to kill General Gravicius. I guess my damage is far too low, since I still use "Death's harp".

Are there any other uniques bows (besides Lioneye's) worth buying - especially for a newbie-player with only little funds? Or should I look for a 5L bow with just high phys damage?

Are there any other uniques worth using while leveling, which are easy/cheap to get?
Sorry for my questions, but I'm an old D2X-Amazonplayer, where you could get good levelinggear for very little funds ;)
n/t
~<Ratsneve>~~<Looking for Simple Solo Solutions>~
Last edited by Ratsneve on Nov 23, 2013, 6:41:43 PM
n/t
Last edited by Ratsneve on Nov 23, 2013, 6:42:02 PM
n/t
Last edited by Ratsneve on Nov 23, 2013, 6:42:24 PM
"
Phyzziks wrote:
I've changed my Ranger from Frozen Arrow to Lightning Arrow, using your recommended build.
The char did play well, but now I'm stuck in A3 cruel - I've absolutely no chance to kill General Gravicius. I guess my damage is far too low, since I still use "Death's harp".

Are there any other uniques bows (besides Lioneye's) worth buying - especially for a newbie-player with only little funds? Or should I look for a 5L bow with just high phys damage?

Are there any other uniques worth using while leveling, which are easy/cheap to get?
Sorry for my questions, but I'm an old D2X-Amazonplayer, where you could get good levelinggear for very little funds ;)

I'm a newbie player will little funds, and I ended up just getting a 200 dps phys/elemental bow for 1-2 chaos that had life gain on hit, for the time being. Even with the elemental dmg, it should be a big improvement over what you have now. I guess

There are also some 150-160 dps bows available for around 1 alch, which might be an improvement over death's harp I think. (searched on poe explorer)
I'm now back in game.
"
Phyzziks wrote:

Ah yeah, Death's harp isn't going to cut it in Cruel I'm afraid!

There aren't any mid-level unique bows that I recommend - it's much easier and more effective to just purchase a bow with 80%+ phys damage, 10-20 phys damage and attack speed. You can even just craft a level appropriate blue bow with approx 90% phys damage and that'll see you through.

There are likely plenty of generally good levelling uniques that you could use but don't place too much importance on them - an item with a decent life roll and a resists often gets the job done! Not to mention its a lot cheaper
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info