[3.13] ARCHAMAGE HIERPHANT DUO ✦ Tanky low-budget BV league starter ✦ CI upgrade with clusters ✦

Yup. Orb of Storms is 100% great spell to lvl with.

Orb of Storms - Arcane Surge - Added Lightning Damage and then Elemental Focus on lvl 18

And you can really easily have extra comfort running

Summon Skeletons - Minion Damage - Ruthless

Alongside with Orb of Storms or Ground Slam.

Blade Vortex is pretty much

lvl 31 - BV - Archmage - Conc Effect - Lightning Pen
lvl 36 - BV - Unleash - Archmage - Conc Effect
and after 69 with 6-link just add Energy Leech and Intensify with Apex Mode.
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jan 24, 2021, 10:22:31 AM
Here is what I actually started my league and crushing A6-7 atm.

▶ YOUTUBE League Starter BV Elementalist TRINITY ARCHMAGE ▶
3.13 PoB BV Elementalist TRINITY ARCHMAGE:
https://pastebin.com/i3VCc89V

Basically this is conversion of starter build into new reworked Ele. Nice and DPSy alternative without replica Soul Tether. Added everything into first post.

And here example of my 200c budget gear for Ele version of the build. Everything aside Brinerot Mark the same with Heirophant without Replica Soul Tether and Whatcher's Eye.

Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jan 24, 2021, 11:48:56 AM
I just finished to play the build through the story, switching to BV at 31 felt pretty clunky (I had to spam it a lot trying to keep up 10 stacks) but after linking unleash at lvl38 it got much much better. I wonder if there's a way to to path to Thunderous Salvos so that keeping up 10 stack becomes even easier

Also how do you use cyclone? I can’t keep it up through the map as it will drain my mana (and with out it you die fairly quickly). Any help is welcome!
Last edited by Jhoira on Jan 24, 2021, 11:23:41 PM
"
Jhoira wrote:
I just finished to play the build through the story, switching to BV at 31 felt pretty clunky (I had to spam it a lot trying to keep up 10 stacks) but after linking unleash at lvl38 it got much much better. I wonder if there's a way to to path to Thunderous Salvos so that keeping up 10 stack becomes even easier

Also how do you use cyclone? I can’t keep it up through the map as it will drain my mana (and with out it you die fairly quickly). Any help is welcome!

Thunderous Salvos is bunch of wasted points. With Potency of Will there is no issue to upkeep 10 blades.

Cyclone is 1 press ability every 5 seconds to upkeep Fortify and Curse enemies if needed. Cyclone there not for the damage, but for ability to phase and not to stop when casting curse, while gaining Fortify in the process.
2 questions thought,

I have trouble seeing the use of replica soul tether in the build? I'm a new player and have trouble meeting my res cap. I'm lvl 85 with a decent stygian wise.

Also, is it possible to switch the head with indigon?

Appart from that, first time i'm going as far with a char, gj for the build.

Last edited by sligda on Jan 25, 2021, 6:28:59 PM
"
sligda wrote:
2 questions thought,

I have trouble seeing the use of replica soul tether in the build? I'm a new player and have trouble meeting my res cap. I'm lvl 85 with a decent stygian wise.

Also, is it possible to switch the head with indigon?

Appart from that, first time i'm going as far with a char, gj for the build.

Here some tips how I personally hit res cap. I blatantly search for at least 10% chaos and 90+ ele res on boots, 80+ on gloves, then get rest from the chest, and you can get around 40 on jewel. When you filter proper resist on trade, just add flat mana and life to fit your budget. Hitting res cap is not hard or expensive. Getting chaos res is where it gets tricky with Replica Soul Tether. And running less than 0% in 3.13. yea... that's a bad idea. I think that from all things that I see, it is actually plausible that in next several leagues we would be assembling 75% chaos res builds.

Speaking of Indigon. Paper DPS is nice. But it is paper DPS. People in most cases just do not know how it actually works. Yes it give spell damage buff from mana spend. But once your Skill Cost go over your mana cap (for example 10k) - buff shut down and you are locked out of damage buff, and ability to cast almost everything. You still do enough damage for clear, but it is not tens of millions of DPS.

So when Indigon actually works? Well with carefully balanced mana cost / mana pool, so you never go over mana cap with next cast skill cost. For that you need 3rd party timer macro that break ToS. That is why I just ignore this unique in guides. Its expensive early on and hard to execute with in-game tools, it was busted before initial nerfs, now it is subpar gimmick. And as all things that require perfect timing will fail in most important moment. xD
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jan 26, 2021, 3:19:18 AM
Great build! Went with the elementalist to try out trinity support and golems. Absolutely tore through T1-T10 maps, was able to even complete a 5 boss maven fight at level 80 with no problem. Issue is that I seem to have hit a cap... I can still get through T12-13 maps, but any conquerer boss fight I can't get through without a handful of deaths. I run out of mana and just slowly die due to The Agnostic. Dunno if I'm missing something but just feel like I need either more mana regen or drop The Agnostic.
Hello, could you take a look at what is wrong with my build. I have a ridiculously low dps and cannot find the problem. I don't understand English well (thank you google translate) so I don't understand everything in the video guide. Thank you in advance.

https://pastebin.com/C7VzwBnj
"
Bhaal807 wrote:
Hello, could you take a look at what is wrong with my build. I have a ridiculously low dps and cannot find the problem. I don't understand English well (thank you google translate) so I don't understand everything in the video guide. Thank you in advance.

https://pastebin.com/C7VzwBnj

Hey there is nothing wrong with your pastebin. In majority of cases if you push into red maps before getting level 90 and without leveled gems it can feel low DPSy. Also you got Dark Seer not in energy shield / mana variant instead of life / mana. It small but still thing that is suboptimal.

It just matter of leveling gems and getting to higher level. Also you can recraft resist into dual chaos/ele to get that -40% chaos res fixed. Playing with -40% chaos res atm is miserable in current state of poe.

"
I run out of mana and just slowly die due to The Agnostic. Dunno if I'm missing something but just feel like I need either more mana regen or drop The Agnostic.

Are you running Dynamo with autocast guard skill on mouse button1? Also getting instant mana flask is a must in my opinion, to fix mistakes when you get hit and go to 0 mana. Instant mana flask allow you to jump start Dynamo trigger from Guard Skill with Agnostic and 0 mana.
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Feb 2, 2021, 9:47:12 AM
Hello, im playing this build, and i would like to know what other spells could i use to proc archmage with this build, i read there shock nova is good, but what lv should i keep it?

If i use a non duration skill i guees i can remove pasives that increase duration of skills and add other pasives?

Im quite noob into this calcs, maybe i making weird questions.
Last edited by Lordmuerte on Feb 11, 2021, 5:19:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info