[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

wait if we use inquisitor battle mage new ascendancies wouldnt we get more damage? from volatile dead
Hi ! For some health reasons, I can't play with more than one or two button. I'm planning to play your build without the movement 4 link.
By what would you replace it ? I thought about Raise spectre (to increase the max life of the corpses in Desecrate with high-life spectres) and CWDT/Unearth/Greater Multiple Projectile to shock and chill from distance (took it from the traditional CWC build).

+ in the guide you talk about 0 mana cost Cyclone... Is it thanks to your ring corruption ?
Last edited by redhelling22 on Jan 11, 2021, 9:22:59 AM
"
redhelling22 wrote:
Hi ! For some health reasons, I can't play with more than one or two button. I'm planning to play your build without the movement 4 link.
By what would you replace it ? I thought about Raise spectre (to increase the max life of the coprses in Desecrate with high-life spectres) and CWDT/Unearth/Greater Multiple Projectile to shock and chill from distance (took it from the traditional CWC build).

+ in the guide you talk about 0 mana cost Cyclone... Is it thanks to your ring corruption ?

Cyclone will only cost 3 mana with our links. Lucidity notable that we take for 40% stun avoidance ALSO has -3 to channeling skill mana cost making cyclone cost 0 mana.

AS for what to do with the 4L, I would still use Flame Dash+Arcane Surge. The last 2 sockets are up to you. One suggestion I have is second wind + vigilant strike or Leap Slam + Fortify.

"
genocidegrand wrote:
wait if we use inquisitor battle mage new ascendancies wouldnt we get more damage? from volatile dead

That's not enough to get us more damage. You'd also have to make up the attack speed, block, life on block, shock n chill, etc...

Also new Martyr of Innocence will have Battlemage attached to it apparently.
@gryph will unique staves be worth it though vs some crafted hit's can't be evaded daggers or exquisite blades (that ones can even be 7l)

Accuracy would be a pain, and with nerfed 200% cap and slow base attacks of staves no amount of flat damage bonuses from staves might be worth it.
Why not move descrate into a CWDT set up to get more damage? Or are you relying on the corpse explosion damage?
SPorkTots
This looks really fun!

The witch purist in me wants to turn this into a pure ES build tho haha. Do you think CI would be possible? Maybe even Ghost Reaver?

Great job on the guide btw!
"
WrongBlight wrote:
@gryph will unique staves be worth it though vs some crafted hit's can't be evaded daggers or exquisite blades (that ones can even be 7l)

Accuracy would be a pain, and with nerfed 200% cap and slow base attacks of staves no amount of flat damage bonuses from staves might be worth it.

I originally went with a rare staff with the "Hits Cannot be Evaded" craft and Power Charge on Critical strike support:

Even with power charge scaling and extra power charges from gear and tree this was less damage than replica DD...

Unique staves are ridiculously strong. Hahaha

and yes, while accuracy is a hurdle to overcome, it's not that bad. we get almost 800 accuracy from a level 20 precision (10% increased effect makes it 770-ish), 30% increased from an Ice Golem that we'd probably use for the crit chance anyway, and some incidental % increases from our tree.

You can get an astronomical amount of accuracy from gloves, ring, and/or helmet slot as well.

As for Staves vs other weapon types:
Staves lose 1 link but gain:
Block chance. A lot of block chance. Anything else (2H) is going to feel bad defensively. Except maybe a Bow with rearguard but that's a whole other discussion and I don't like the bow CoC playstyle.

Global Critical strike chance and multiplier...Ever look at the amount of these you get for using a staff?
190-220% Global crit chance
80% Global Crit Multiplier

These stats help immensely for both our Attack crit and spell crit+damage.

Most CoC VD builds I see choose not to use Mistress of Sacrifice+Bone Offering and, to me, that feels wrong.

I want my cake and I want to eat it too. :P

You could go 1H + Shield. But you'll lose a ton of crit chance and damage.

"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:
Why not move descrate into a CWDT set up to get more damage? Or are you relying on the corpse explosion damage?

CWDT has 250ms cooldown
CoC has 150ms CD

Triggering CWDT in this way would be devastating to our DPS and consistency, not to mention the socket requirements if you wanted to try an maintain the corpse production needed which would cost us more damage and/or utility.

Also because we attack so fast we can maintain the APS requirements of dual spell CoC (15.14 aps with 14%+CDR)

It's not that it's a bad idea and I did consider at first, it's just not efficient.

Also like...I have close to 24M DPS without even considering the corpse explosions which do roughly 200k per hit with generic level 83 corpses. It's hard to calculate the single target DPS this adds as the AOE is kinda small, but probably of the 10-12 explosions 2-4 are going to overlap....7.5 times per second. So, while not relying on corpse explosion damage, it IS pretty significant.

"
i_louis wrote:
This looks really fun!

The witch purist in me wants to turn this into a pure ES build tho haha. Do you think CI would be possible? Maybe even Ghost Reaver?

Great job on the guide btw!

Thanks!

The main trouble with CI or LL is how Eye of Innocence damage interacts with ES on hit. I figured this out via experimentation:

For most things the leech and ES on hit will cover your recovery needs. However the damage from igniting an enemy that we take is applied *after* the ES on hit and I have killed myself in 100% delirious maps due to this.

With the ring we receive and recover damage on ignite simultaneously and thus cannot kill ourselves (so long as the recovery is greater than the damage)

Also, it's hard to get a good ES pool when wielding a staff, so you'd want to go 1H+Shield and probably use an ES on block shield since you'd lose the life on block from bone offering.

TL:DR, it's doable but you'll kill yourself sometimes.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 11, 2021, 2:48:52 PM
"TL:DR, it's doable but you'll kill yourself sometimes. . . "

SIGN ME UP!

Would stacking some more ES leech balance things out a bit more? This build is pumping out pretty insane damage after all.
"
i_louis wrote:
"TL:DR, it's doable but you'll kill yourself sometimes. . . "

SIGN ME UP!

Would stacking some more ES leech balance things out a bit more? This build is pumping out pretty insane damage after all.

I mean you'd take Ghost Reaver to help with leech, but it really just kills you outright haha. The tree wouldn't change much though, you'd just take the ES nodes instead of life nodes. I looked at it briefly but didn't like what I had to give up for good ES numbers in the end.

Also, if going Staff+CI/LL you'll have a hard time getting more than 7k-8k ES on high budget. Not impossible though.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 11, 2021, 3:06:54 PM
Guys, I'm kinda casual player. 2 Kids and stuff.... playing everyday just a few hours. Till now I played most of the time SSF until Lvl 90-92.

For the next league I will go into trade-league, but is this build achievable for a casual player? I tried a few leagues back trade and made a few ex. but not that much... wasn't that important for me.

This build looks fun, but...

thx for the great build tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info