[3.13] Gryph's Burning Witch - Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas CoC VD

Hey mate,

Great and well thought out build as always! This seems like a fun league starter so i put in a bit of work with the PoB to make it a bit more league start friendly. No clusters, watchers eye, enlighten gem, extra curse, insane rare chest, timmeless jewel etc. Here's the updated pastebin if you feel like taking a look: https://pastebin.com/w4mGWtuj . Still looks really strong damage and survive wise but obviously loses some very nice things like net ehp, corpse removal, fortify, covered in ash and so on. Feel free to use anything in there when youre updating the guide and keep up the solid work!
Last edited by Codiak324 on Jan 9, 2021, 5:21:36 AM
"
Codiak324 wrote:
Hey mate,

Great and well thought out build as always! This seems like a fun league starter so i put in a bit of work with the PoB to make it a bit more league start friendly. No clusters, watchers eye, enlighten gem, extra curse, insane rare chest, timmeless jewel etc. Here's the updated pastebin if you feel like taking a look: https://pastebin.com/w4mGWtuj . Still looks really strong damage and survive wise but obviously loses some very nice things like net ehp, corpse removal, fortify, covered in ash and so on. Feel free to use anything in there when youre updating the guide and keep up the solid work!


Yeah one of the things I like about this build is that the actual requirements are really minimal. I would like to have at least the fire damage medium cluster for Wrapped in Flames incorporated into the build once the self ignite is going as it is a huge DPS buff.

I'm also thinking in hindsight that the extra curse isn't all that needed now that I think of it in terms of prioritizing Assassin's Mark over Flammability. makes much less of a difference in damage then.

All in all the damage is not an issue. with the gear I have in heist I am reaching 17-20M dps fully ramped/buffed so even 1/5 of that is good. Most of the investment from there is into eHP/Jewels to supplement our block and recovery.

We can also just use Leap slam or The Vigil + Vigilant Strike for Fortify if needed.
Oh boi this was my most FAVORITE build back in Delirium. After the necro nerf I was sure it wouldn't be viable anymore, but using eye of innocence is something I haven't thought of actually. Will surely test this out in 3.13!
May Innocence guide you, citizen of Oriath...
Reserved
"
Erradium wrote:
Oh boi this was my most FAVORITE build back in Delirium. After the necro nerf I was sure it wouldn't be viable anymore, but using eye of innocence is something I haven't thought of actually. Will surely test this out in 3.13!


:D just waiting to see what changes the new expansion will bring at this point.

----------------------------

Added more to the 'Gear' section and finished the 'Gems and Links' section.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 9, 2021, 3:02:32 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Codiak324 wrote:
Hey mate,

Great and well thought out build as always! This seems like a fun league starter so i put in a bit of work with the PoB to make it a bit more league start friendly. No clusters, watchers eye, enlighten gem, extra curse, insane rare chest, timmeless jewel etc. Here's the updated pastebin if you feel like taking a look: https://pastebin.com/w4mGWtuj . Still looks really strong damage and survive wise but obviously loses some very nice things like net ehp, corpse removal, fortify, covered in ash and so on. Feel free to use anything in there when youre updating the guide and keep up the solid work!


Yeah one of the things I like about this build is that the actual requirements are really minimal. I would like to have at least the fire damage medium cluster for Wrapped in Flames incorporated into the build once the self ignite is going as it is a huge DPS buff.

I'm also thinking in hindsight that the extra curse isn't all that needed now that I think of it in terms of prioritizing Assassin's Mark over Flammability. makes much less of a difference in damage then.

All in all the damage is not an issue. with the gear I have in heist I am reaching 17-20M dps fully ramped/buffed so even 1/5 of that is good. Most of the investment from there is into eHP/Jewels to supplement our block and recovery.

We can also just use Leap slam or The Vigil + Vigilant Strike for Fortify if needed.


I think there needs to be an emphasis on defence on the league starter. How can we improve the survivability with not many gear requirements? Because as you said, damage isn't an issue. While testing, I was constantly being one shot. It wasn't until I got stun immunity, clusters, fortify, Disc watcher's eye and extra leech that I really felt comfortable.

I would definitely suggest the self offering ascendancy as first or second lab choice. Getting block and spell block high should be a priority. Fortify was also huge, connecting that to leap slam would be vital. I also suggest Heart of Flame for the leech on ES, that was a great stop gap before I got the ES on hit Watcher's. Fenumus' Spinnerets probably isn't a logical league start suggestion.

Any other achievable defensive focus suggestions?

"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Codiak324 wrote:
Hey mate,

Great and well thought out build as always! This seems like a fun league starter so i put in a bit of work with the PoB to make it a bit more league start friendly. No clusters, watchers eye, enlighten gem, extra curse, insane rare chest, timmeless jewel etc. Here's the updated pastebin if you feel like taking a look: https://pastebin.com/w4mGWtuj . Still looks really strong damage and survive wise but obviously loses some very nice things like net ehp, corpse removal, fortify, covered in ash and so on. Feel free to use anything in there when youre updating the guide and keep up the solid work!


Yeah one of the things I like about this build is that the actual requirements are really minimal. I would like to have at least the fire damage medium cluster for Wrapped in Flames incorporated into the build once the self ignite is going as it is a huge DPS buff.

I'm also thinking in hindsight that the extra curse isn't all that needed now that I think of it in terms of prioritizing Assassin's Mark over Flammability. makes much less of a difference in damage then.

All in all the damage is not an issue. with the gear I have in heist I am reaching 17-20M dps fully ramped/buffed so even 1/5 of that is good. Most of the investment from there is into eHP/Jewels to supplement our block and recovery.

We can also just use Leap slam or The Vigil + Vigilant Strike for Fortify if needed.


I think there needs to be an emphasis on defence on the league starter. How can we improve the survivability with not many gear requirements? Because as you said, damage isn't an issue. While testing, I was constantly being one shot. It wasn't until I got stun immunity, clusters, fortify, Disc watcher's eye and extra leech that I really felt comfortable.

I would definitely suggest the self offering ascendancy as first or second lab choice. Getting block and spell block high should be a priority. Fortify was also huge, connecting that to leap slam would be vital. I also suggest Heart of Flame for the leech on ES, that was a great stop gap before I got the ES on hit Watcher's. Fenumus' Spinnerets probably isn't a logical league start suggestion.

Any other achievable defensive focus suggestions?



For early mapping Mistress of Sacrifice+Bone offering shouldn't be that vital.

However, something like Flesh and Stone instead of Herald of Ash does go a long way for extra defenses. Between that and the natural mobility of cyclone defenses should be decent.

As for ES leech, you can spend 1 point for .3% leech:


Or spend 3 and also take Ethereal Feast


Pretty much our entire investment into the build is in defenses.
Basalt Flask will help a lot.
Jade Flask+Flesh and Stone Blind also would be pretty big.
100% Chance to avoid stuns makes cyclone feel 10,000% better.
Making sure pantheon is set to Gruthkul for 5% PDR is pretty important.
Doing Jun missions and targeting Gravicious for his veiled modifier for 9-10% of max life as extra ES is a big eHP boost on a rare chest.
If you decide to get a 2nd curse you can use enfeeble on CWDT lvl 1 instead of purifying flame (6L) or blade blast (if only on a 5L)


Just kinda listing things.
Thanks for all the awesome feedback, Gryph and everyone else! Put in a bit more work based on what you all said and came up with this:

https://pastebin.com/kDtp5DSF

Still uses impulsa, but i doubt it's necessary from playing VD builds before (although i think it will be very nice :)), but dropped all fenemus items and aspect of spider for easy rares and flesh and stone for blind. Now has 52% evade, 73/44 block / spell block, 5700 ehp, removed thread of hope, removed arcane surge and current movement links to gain fortify through leap slam - faster attacks - fortify - blood magic, and removed any hard to get mods on items and all awakened gems. added back in wrapped in flame med cluster because it seems like a priority upgrade. Still lists as over 200k per average vd hit.
Also, seems to hit almost exactly the no cdr CoC breakpoint.
Seems like a solid league starter all around!
Last edited by Codiak324 on Jan 10, 2021, 5:37:10 AM
Mmmh, i am a bit worried to read that before we have most of the defences up the build feels a bit squishy. That wouldnt be an issue for a range build but after all this is basically a melee build.

Taking Mistress of Sacrifice before Commander of Darkness is bad since we really need the extra ele resists early on. Later, with better gear not so much.

Replacing Herald of Ash with Flesh and Stone is another problem.
To even be able to run Discipline, Anger and Herald of Ash we need an Enlighten lvl 4, which is very expensive.
You cant run Herald of Ash early on since Discipline and Anger is the better choice.
This means when you use Flesh and Stone you have to replace Anger with Herald of Ash which is quite a big dps drop.

I think it is important to know which defences have highest priority here.
I guess its avoid stun chance, followed by block then by fortify.

On top of that lets hope that necro wont get hit too hard by the nerf hammer, since other ascendencies got buffed quite a bit.

"
Xirce wrote:
Mmmh, i am a bit worried to read that before we have most of the defences up the build feels a bit squishy. That wouldnt be an issue for a range build but after all this is basically a melee build.

Taking Mistress of Sacrifice before Commander of Darkness is bad since we really need the extra ele resists early on. Later, with better gear not so much.

Replacing Herald of Ash with Flesh and Stone is another problem.
To even be able to run Discipline, Anger and Herald of Ash we need an Enlighten lvl 4, which is very expensive.
You cant run Herald of Ash early on since Discipline and Anger is the better choice.
This means when you use Flesh and Stone you have to replace Anger with Herald of Ash which is quite a big dps drop.

I think it is important to know which defences have highest priority here.
I guess its avoid stun chance, followed by block then by fortify.

On top of that lets hope that necro wont get hit too hard by the nerf hammer, since other ascendencies got buffed quite a bit.



I made note of this kn the guide but I'll mention it here as well:

You do not need Discipline unless you have the watcher's eye. At which point I figure you can probably afford an enlighten 4.

I will be going for Anger, Flesh and Stone, Precision, and possibly War Banner for accuracy or Dread Banner to reduce enemy accuracy.

Keep in mind too that we get permanent uptime on endurance charges too. That plus a basalt and gruthkul pantheon is 32% phys mitigation.

There is also the knockback on critical strike which pushes enemies away as we melee them.

The build will feel squishy at early levels, but not unreasonably so. We have excellent recovery mechanics which also helps a lot too.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 10, 2021, 12:39:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info