[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

dopped more currency and picked up glorious vanity+cinderswallow and transitioned into aspect+fenumus, feels a little better with es on hit, but my tiny ehp pool of 4.5k still gets 1 shot too easily.
granted, there are still improvements to be made gear-wise; trying to 6-l my damn inpulsa i got on day2 :rage:

not the easiest transition tbh, but this is coming from a casual player

EDIT: got a random rare 6l and boosted my ehp to ~5k-ish. clearing with less issues rn. The QOL improvements that GV+es leech bought is massive for T14+ maps
Last edited by ploooo on Jan 21, 2021, 1:43:02 AM
I dont know why people have so many issues but im rocking with 3300 HP and 2500 es and dont get one shot most of the time^^ i even did deathless sirus aw7. Build is rly shining now changed my skill tree so i have more dmg till i get the duskdawn. Today i will craft my flammability on hit ring and will annoint whisper of doom as i use blight boots. My gear is pretty good at this point and the build is rly rocking. Also just fixed my 5 link gem levels hust

"
reggie_gakil wrote:
I dont know why people have so many issues but im rocking with 3300 HP and 2500 es and dont get one shot most of the time^^ i even did deathless sirus aw7. Build is rly shining now changed my skill tree so i have more dmg till i get the duskdawn. Today i will craft my flammability on hit ring and will annoint whisper of doom as i use blight boots. My gear is pretty good at this point and the build is rly rocking. Also just fixed my 5 link gem levels hust

Probably because people do not have the 3300 HP and 2500 ES yet. I mean, of course the build will rock when you have way more than 20/30 exalts invested in. People "struggle" on the way to that. =)
Looks like you either invest 20 ex to have a great build or you are getting oneshot left and right in endgame.

I start to realize that this never been a budget build.
For some 20 ex is a budget but probably 99% of the players do not think it is.

That being said the solution could be to drop ES and invest into Life.

For that the right side of the Tree needs to be removed.
The free points can be spent into the lower left side.

Here we have Unwavering Stance to make us immune to stuns.
Disemboweling raise our Cyclone crits again.
Barbarism give use extra fire resist for less self-ignite damage.
Rest should go into the Constitution wheel and perhaps Heart of the Warrior.
With Tireless our Life pool could be around 6.5k.

Unfortunatly this comes with a cost, our dps will drop.
On the other hand dps was never a problem.

Atm i am not sure to invest into the respec, since i am not doing red maps so far.
But once i get too many oneshots i probably have to...

It would be nice to have a life based budget alternative build without the Watcher's Eye, less damage but way cheaper and still as safe (double Ngamahus ftw).

I have watcher's eye with ES on hit and 900 ES currently. but when i spin i still deplete all my ES ? am i doing something wrong? When the ball hits it recovers everything but it's kinda different with the video you attached on page 1
"
whitewing789 wrote:
I have watcher's eye with ES on hit and 900 ES currently. but when i spin i still deplete all my ES ? am i doing something wrong? When the ball hits it recovers everything but it's kinda different with the video you attached on page 1

Sorry, i have to ask but are you using Discipline? If not, Watcher's Eye cannot work.

I think a Glorious Vanity jewel is still needed since it splits the damage between ES and life. The Watcher's Eye compensates the ignites from Cyclone but VD is doing a ton of extra ignites. Unlike Ngamahu it gives back ES based on hit and not on ignite which makes the difference.

Last edited by Xirce on Jan 21, 2021, 7:30:43 AM
"
Xirce wrote:
"
whitewing789 wrote:

Sorry, i have to ask but are you using Discipline? If not, Watcher's Eye cannot work.

I think a Glorious Vanity jewel is still needed since it splits the damage between ES and life. The Watcher's Eye compensates the ignites from Cyclone but VD is doing a ton of extra ignites.

ah yes i forgot the glorious vanity, currently still in transition and i still need enlighten 4 and glorious vanity in order to make me tanky, thanks for the answer!
"
Xirce wrote:
Looks like you either invest 20 ex to have a great build or you are getting oneshot left and right in endgame.

I start to realize that this never been a budget build.
For some 20 ex is a budget but probably 99% of the players do not think it is.

That being said the solution could be to drop ES and invest into Life.

For that the right side of the Tree needs to be removed.
The free points can be spent into the lower left side.

Here we have Unwavering Stance to make us immune to stuns.
Disemboweling raise our Cyclone crits again.
Barbarism give use extra fire resist for less self-ignite damage.
Rest should go into the Constitution wheel and perhaps Heart of the Warrior.
With Tireless our Life pool could be around 6.5k.

Unfortunatly this comes with a cost, our dps will drop.
On the other hand dps was never a problem.

Atm i am not sure to invest into the respec, since i am not doing red maps so far.
But once i get too many oneshots i probably have to...

It would be nice to have a life based budget alternative build without the Watcher's Eye, less damage but way cheaper and still as safe (double Ngamahus ftw).

I mean, you can reach and comfortably run T16 maps, even juiced up, with legion or delirium, before getting the ES on hit. You will die from time to time as your HP pool is only around 5k, but I still managed to reach lvl 94 that way. And that was on a budget of around 200c maybe ? Improved little by little while working towards red maps, so nothing too fancy.
Like, before reaching high tier red maps, the build is 100% fine. After reaching them you will die from time to time, but nothing extravagant and that much is expected to be honest, not a lot of builds can cruise through juiced red maps on 0 budget.
The build is defo not HC viable as a starter, that's all there is to it. But changing the whole tree to avoid dying too much is unnecessary tbh
Good rares with life on them, some extra 5% life nodes on the tree and you're good to go if you do it properly.
My game changer was overlord and es on hit
My real problem was the unnerfed sirus Mobs it was just impossible to level beyond 90 at that point but after the nerf its great
Last edited by reggie_gakil on Jan 21, 2021, 7:58:17 AM
Anyone have any tips on the VD performance?

Does void or stygian actually boost performance?
SPorkTots

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info