[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

"
tenw30d wrote:
"
ploooo wrote:
build feels omega squishy after swapping to threads.
clear speed is great but i do get one-shot a ton while running red maps

I feel the same way unfortunately. I have the es on hit from the fennumus boots and aspect of the spider, but my ES still barely gets above 10-30, it's basically non existent.

I'm curious if anyone knows if this will get noticeably better with the glorious vanity jewel? I'm assuming half of the self ignite damage gets taken from life, allowing the ES on hit to actually give you some ES.

Yeah so ES on hit vs Life on ignite. Ignite recovery will always recover from each ignite. ES on hit will not. Glorious Vanity will help but what I can actually suggest after thinking about it some is getting ES on kill as well from Cinderswallow or other source.

This will keep your ES topped of while mapping and when you're on single target the ES on hit will suffice.

but yes, GLorious Vanity will help with that in all regards as it splits the damage to your life (all damage to life from Eye of Innocence is 100% mitigated from ring).

Something else to note:
YOU WILL KILL YOURSELF WITH NGAMAHU'S SIGN!

Just saying, even with life on hit you will kill yourself at some point. I learned this when doing 100% delirious maps without the ring thinking ES on hit and life on hit ring (spells) would be enough. I, too, wanted more from my ring slot. But it's just not the case as it turns out.

"
redhelling22 wrote:
Had a question... Are the Inpulsa or explody chest really that helpful for clearing ?
The balls seem to clear distant packs just fine (in T14, that said).

Less so for VD, but still VERY noticeable. That said it's not as *needed* for VD as it is for DD. Still 10/10 recommend for an end game chase piece. Rare > Inpulsa though. It also removes corpses, though that can be done via Cremator cluster jewel notable.
"
Respeck wrote:
"
ploooo wrote:
build feels omega squishy after swapping to threads.
clear speed is great but i do get one-shot a ton while running red maps

what is threads?

Most likely he is referring to Thread of Hope jewel I guess.
Last edited by joint77 on Jan 20, 2021, 1:25:56 PM
I found heading down towards constitution and taking that life wheel was a game changer for survivability. It stopped the one shots, and when I do get hit big I top up instantly. I'm nearly 91, and it has been pretty cruisey. 4.5k life with Tabula, 5k with a decent rare.
Is there a particular reason to not use Avatar of Fire? Even though physical damage is fairly low I still manage to kill myself on physical reflect maps (probably from wave of conviction).
Hi, absolutely loving this build so far. Its so satisfying! My only problems were probably leveling but it was my first time with a witch build so i didn't mind too much.

I have a LOT of room for improvement like probably getting more life pool and defensive layers i guess because i get 1 tapped once in a while and i'm not sure what from because so much bang on this screen lol. But this is looking like my favorite build so far out of around 6 or 7 builds total so thank you! Can't wait to see how much further i can go with it.
"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:
I found heading down towards constitution and taking that life wheel was a game changer for survivability. It stopped the one shots, and when I do get hit big I top up instantly. I'm nearly 91, and it has been pretty cruisey. 4.5k life with Tabula, 5k with a decent rare.

I had considered this before, but when I made the build I had a lot of currency to throw at it initially so I was able to reach 5k life and 3k ES with end game gear without going down there. That said, while still early in the league it's not a bad idea at all.

"
Novahawkx wrote:
Is there a particular reason to not use Avatar of Fire? Even though physical damage is fairly low I still manage to kill myself on physical reflect maps (probably from wave of conviction).

If you're using Martyr that's not a bad idea. WoC won't kill you, but I can see how the extra phys damage from Battlemage on Martyr could.
Hi Guys,

I was having massive survivability issues but then I got this Watcher's Eye:

Levelled from 91 to 92 without dying once... can facetank Minotaur. Even the hardest of crazy Metamorphs didn't kill me. I had a few close calls but managed to survive.

The Watcher's Eye was a game-changer for me. I can now pretty much facetank the game. I haven't tried Sirus yet though so that's the next test.

Last edited by brunowa on Jan 20, 2021, 6:57:57 PM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn today felt good, managed to snitch the Watcher's Eye with ES on hit (and blind immune too as a bonus) and I must say the build truly comes online at this point. Couldn't sustain ES before, which made my HP pool a mere 5k, even tried Aspect of the Spider + Fenumus Spinnerets, but I feel like the conditional ES on hit isn't good enough at all cause things get popped before we can get the ES.
But after you get the ES on hit and Corrupted Soul, it's smooth sailing. I got lucky with my Glorious Vanity as it gives +13% maximum Life and 8% stun avoidance on the path. (which puts me at 98% total)

"

Overall I must thank you Gryph, I feel like this build when truly online completely outshines the old CwC version, especially the double dipping on life and ES at the same time. (which was kinda clunky on the old version if possible at all I feel)
hehe exact same feeling as me once I got the Watcher's Eye.

With that said, I guess that the Watcher's Eye is indeed build-defining for late game. A must have.
"
brunowa wrote:
hehe exact same feeling as me once I got the Watcher's Eye.

With that said, I guess that the Watcher's Eye is indeed build-defining for late game. A must have.

Yeah it is. Build still felt okay, blazing through T16s and stuff like fully unleashed Legion deep in Delirium, but I died here and there to oneshots with the low 5k hp pool. Glorious Vanity doesn't do much if ES is at 0 anyway. Maybe what Gryph said about Cinderswallow would be a big help at the start of the league before you can get the Watcher's Eye. (like, not that early but still cheaper)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info