POE dying?

"
txfirefighter wrote:
PoE dying? NOPE! Welcome patch 11.0.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
txfirefighter wrote:
PoE dying? NOPE! Welcome patch 11.0.

And nothing listed about improved authentication security or desync.

Their priorities for an ONLINE game are very strange indeed.
So many people don't seem to realize what the word "dieing" means in gamer terms. It is not in any way a suggestion that the game is going to shut down and stop operating. It simply means its losing players/attention/etc. Patches still coming has nothing to do with it.

Thats whats happening to PoE right now.

It doesn't mean the game is going anywhere. Theres no reason to get upset because someone said the game is dieing. In gamer terms, it is.

People also seem to be confused by the term "Open Beta". In the F2P world, OB is actually release. Path of Exile is a released game. Its open to anyone, theres no more wipes, and they are selling product. For every single other video game in the world, that would be considered a released product, but some of you think somehow this game isn't?

F2P games have been using OB as an excuse to start making money with an unfinished product for years. This game is no different.
I don't think that everyone and their mothers is going to enjoy this game; there is no instant gratification that many of the gamers today have been sadly accustomed to due to other games on the market. Plus PoE feels like it would cater a lot more to a hardcore player base.

That being said I highly doubt the game will go anywhere anytime soon. People are always going to come and go.
I would love to see which arpg they can go if they leave. There's no equal ATM so I see a solid fan base intact. As long as they keep the ideas fresh once in awhile.

Don't say D3. I came here from there.
i whouldnt call it dying considering interest in it on forums.I for example never use trade chat because spamming is annoying,i even have trade chat all time hidden.Stupid way to judge
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Schinski wrote:
"
PabloCappone wrote:
sure already it´s a undead

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/400347

ohhh yeeeeees poe is gonna be godlike now!!!

/irony off

rofl stupid noobs with no clue of anything

Why isn't this guy on probation again?

Because saying things you dont agree with isnt a reason to get banned. Argue your point, dont just point and hope.
HAIL SATAN!
"
F2P games have been using OB as an excuse to start making money with an unfinished product for years. This game is no different.

I hope you supported bro.

and again, no.
We tested it extensively
Why would you use trade chat as a measure of anything to begin with? Why trade? In this game we have so many alts, we have such a huge variety of builds that can make items "valuable", and we have such a large stash to store our loot . . . I've never felt the need to go onto trade chat. Not once. Not ever.

How do you measure what the currency is worth? How do you value an item that may be useless to one character and priceless to another? Are you really going to trade away a good item you could be using on an alt unless your SURE your able to get the best deal?

POE is almost crafted to be anti trade. There is no set currency, no set "classes" that need certain items. Once "famous" unique items and certain rare "currencies" have any real value and even then your going to see people assigning different subjective values to them, especially as the game is constantly updated and rebalanced.
"
JohnChance wrote:

How do you measure what the currency is worth? How do you value an item that may be useless to one character and priceless to another? Are you really going to trade away a good item you could be using on an alt unless your SURE your able to get the best deal?

POE is almost crafted to be anti trade. There is no set currency, no set "classes" that need certain items. Once "famous" unique items and certain rare "currencies" have any real value and even then your going to see people assigning different subjective values to them, especially as the game is constantly updated and rebalanced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info