[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Drakolys wrote:
Hi

¿% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills affected to elemental hit? you said affected "·% increased Elemental Damage" is good mod but "with Attack Skills". I don know

Thank you

Thank you

I did not know the tag appeared at the top of the gem.

"with Sword attacks" affects the tag "mele"?
"
Drakolys wrote:

Thank you

I did not know the tag appeared at the top of the gem.

"with Sword attacks" affects the tag "mele"?

"with Sword attacks" don't affect the tag "melee"
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
Vei wrote:

Nice :) If one day maybe you got tired of Hiero/Old Man/Bald Man/Long Neck Looks but still like to play the build you can consider a different flavour with Ascendant and Raider. They are not as strong in terms of Offense but their Defenses are awesome!

Raider is the GOAT. -20% enemy res, very speedy movespeed, extra evasion, dodge, ailment avoidance.

I mostly play raider for phasing/movespeed to be honest. I think I might spec into the frenzy charge nodes soon though.
Last edited by Beverice on Aug 8, 2021, 3:23:49 AM
"
Beverice wrote:
Raider is the GOAT. -20% enemy res, very speedy movespeed, extra evasion, dodge, ailment avoidance.

I mostly play raider for phasing/movespeed to be honest. I think I might spec into the frenzy charge nodes soon though.

Raider is actually my 2nd Favorite Ascendancy after Ascendant for this build for the reason that she is Practically Untouchable with:

- 95% Evasion
- 75% Dodge/Spell Dodge

That said, Raider takes a longer time to reach a *good state* compared to Hiero and Ascendant

*What i meant by good state(My Own Terms for it) is:

Raider - Near Max Evasion and Dodge/Spell Dodge with the necessary -Mana Sources
Ascendant - Totem Leech life to us with the necessary -Mana Sources
Hiero - Practically get everything as you level the Ascendancy

I think another reason I like Raider more is also because I am more of a defensive(Not until the Tank level) person thus Hiero doesn't appeal to me as much.

That said, I think many players will probably prefer Hiero because many just want DPS and Hiero basically gives the Highest DPS.

Hi all,

Just posting to inform that the latest POB update has rectified the Combat Focus issue and they are working normally now.

Regards

"
Vei wrote:
Hi all,

Just posting to inform that the latest POB update has rectified the Combat Focus issue and they are working normally now.

Regards

Thanks for update mate. Now people will see that Call of The Brotherhood isn't BIS ring for them hehe :)
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Last edited by Hey0cean on Aug 9, 2021, 12:19:03 PM
Failed my first A8! Swapping Frostblink into Flame Dash, hard to stay on Sirus when the one dash isn't enough.

I'm going to have to get quality on my gems and swap my belt for a Stygian so I can work with a Watcher's Eye. Rings and Quiver might have to go next.
"
Hey0cean wrote:
Thanks for update mate. Now people will see that Call of The Brotherhood isn't BIS ring for them hehe :)

The True Power of Call of The Brotherhood revealed! ;)

Hi, have been playing this for a while in the league now and have a few more questions for a little more end game setup:

1) Is there a reason certain people on poe.ninja top charts are swapping to combustion over fire pen support in their helmet? I figured it had to do with their luck of the draw on the type of Frostferno they corrupted, but just wanted to make sure.

2) Off the back of #1, is there a limit to how much fire penetration or -resist I can achieve? I am considering swapping in Malachai's artifice with an (Anomalous?) lightning golem for really big boss fights, but am worried that with fire pen support and Xophs blood that the golem may end up not working as well.

3) For the CWDT - IC Support, I see you stopped leveling it at 10 and 12 for the englighten setup. WIth those levels, I am left with 147 mana after reserving bots14, grace20, and precision1, whereas IC is only 100 mana. Should I push IC up further? I am worried that I would get hit right as planting a totem and not having enough mana for IC to go off, but realistically I dont know if my mana is regening so fast this is not possible. If that is not a concern and I am able to level these gems up to the cap, would it make sense to maybe rebuy lvl 1 IC and get rid of enlighten? I am not sure what I would replace it with but the extra mana cushion does not seem relevant, I always have enough mana to cast everything I want manually (aside from a 7 totem dump in 1 go, which is often suicide against anything really scary anyway).

4) What does the effect "Abilities fire an extra arrow" that I have seen on quivers do for this build? Would it make the totems fire 4 shots in a spread pattern? I was not able to find conclusive information on this and cant understand if this is useful, I know you mentioned it in the Barrage boss section but some people seem to use it in their normal setup.

Other than that I feel really good about where I am with the build, namely trying to beat my own splinter high score in delirium mirror maps (I even went out of my way to get MS on quiver and watchers eye to run faster), I dont have a lot of context on the nerfs for this league because I only play this game maybe once every few years, but I had a really smooth experience from leveling to mapping to end game without ever feeling like I hit a brick wall, which was great.
Last edited by StalinsGhost on Aug 11, 2021, 2:57:46 PM
"
StalinsGhost wrote:
Hi, have been playing this for a while in the league now and have a few more questions for a little more end game setup:

1) Is there a reason certain people on poe.ninja top charts are swapping to combustion over fire pen support in their helmet? I figured it had to do with their luck of the draw on the type of Frostferno they corrupted, but just wanted to make sure.

I would say it's probably more likely people aren't swapping from Combustion to Fire Pen instead. I have been monitoring POE.Ninja from the league start and the players who used Combustion was a higher % compared to Fire Pen, though Combustion went down and Fire Pen went up as league progresses.

And I think the reasons people aren't swapping from Combustion to Fire Pen could be any one of the following:

- They are not following/aware of this guide(Could be not familiar with English)

- They are following some other guides(Could be Current or Old ones) I am aware of an Elemental Hit Ballista Totem guide that was "rebranded" to 3.15 without changing much of the content(If any)

- They might have used the POB with the old Gem Data and that was showing the 3.14 version of Combustion at Level 22+(Easily achieved with Frostferno) which is better than the 3.15 version of Level 22 Fire Penentration in terms of Sirus DPS.

- They might not have been checking POE.Ninja and wondering why people are using Fire Penetration instead of Combustion and find out the reason?

- They might be just playing back the same build which they played in 3.14 and/or earlier and used the same configuration

So I think you can see there are many reasons why people are using Combustion instead of Fire Pen.

"
StalinsGhost wrote:
2) Off the back of #1, is there a limit to how much fire penetration or -resist I can achieve? I am considering swapping in Malachai's artifice with an (Anomalous?) lightning golem for really big boss fights, but am worried that with fire pen support and Xophs blood that the golem may end up not working as well.

As far as I know, there isn't any limit so go all in! It's a very strong affix!

"
StalinsGhost wrote:
3) For the CWDT - IC Support, I see you stopped leveling it at 10 and 12 for the englighten setup. WIth those levels, I am left with 147 mana after reserving bots14, grace20, and precision1, whereas IC is only 100 mana. Should I push IC up further? I am worried that I would get hit right as planting a totem and not having enough mana for IC to go off, but realistically I dont know if my mana is regening so fast this is not possible. If that is not a concern and I am able to level these gems up to the cap, would it make sense to maybe rebuy lvl 1 IC and get rid of enlighten?

The general consensus for the ideal level for CWDT to trigger seems to be at around 25% of our Maximum HP and a Level 10 CWDT is pretty much the level to be at for this.

If CWDT level is too high, it might not help us much when it's activated since we will be at a low amount of HP and Immortal Call might not help us survive the next hit.

If CWDT level is too low, it might trigger too often and we might not have Immortal Call up when we need it since it can be on its 3 second cooldown.

Thus the chosen levels for CWDT and IC.

"
StalinsGhost wrote:
I am worried that I would get hit right as planting a totem and not having enough mana for IC to go of

I miss highlighting a point in my guide which is to have 2 source of Non-Channelling Skills have -7(Or Higher) to Total Mana Cost when we are using the Level 10 CWDT and Level 12 IC so we have the necessary remaining Mana to cast IC when CWDT triggers

Will add that into the guide.

"
StalinsGhost wrote:
4) What does the effect "Abilities fire an extra arrow" that I have seen on quivers do for this build? Would it make the totems fire 4 shots in a spread pattern? I was not able to find conclusive information on this and cant understand if this is useful, I know you mentioned it in the Barrage boss section but some people seem to use it in their normal setup.

Yes each Totems will then fire 4 projectiles shots, 1 Original, 2 from Rain of Splinter and 1 from "Abilities fire an extra arrow" providing a better coverage/clear. Extra Arrows are not common and are always welcomed addition to the build.

"
StalinsGhost wrote:
Other than that I feel really good about where I am with the build ... but I had a really smooth experience from leveling to mapping to end game without ever feeling like I hit a brick wall, which was great.

Great to hear! :)

Last edited by Vei on Aug 12, 2021, 8:10:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info