[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content done. Rant time.

Is there a current pob you would recommend using? I've seen you discuss lots of changes and things in the comments but the pob on page 1 isn't 'updated' for 3.15 so just thought I'd ask. Thanks!
"
Ramasama wrote:
Is there a current pob you would recommend using? I've seen you discuss lots of changes and things in the comments but the pob on page 1 isn't 'updated' for 3.15 so just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Thanks for pointing out. I was pretty sure I updated it.

I'll update it now in a main post, but here is the new link.

https://pastebin.com/8wmYx6r0
So lately I've been watching Preach enjoying his blind PoE journey. And I noticed that he was able to sustain his flicker strike frenzy charges with just multistrike.

"Well..." I though to myself "If he can do it, why can't I?"

And so I present to you, The Flicker Strike Holly Relic Summoner.
oh yeah... its memes time.

Summary
Memes aside, its actually not a bad option for Relic activation ability. Unlike Static Strike, it doesn't miss, it gives you more speed, BUT its terrible for bosses.

Map full clear - Same speed as Static Strike.
Simulacrum clear - Flicker performed better.
Boss kill - Clear Static win.

Links used: Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Ancestral Call - Fortify

Conclusion - if you gigajuice the map, flicker might actually be a good choice.
If you don't have density, you prolly won't be able to sustain frenzy charges.

Core differences

Static strike
The good:
More controll over the movement; Smoother activation for maximum single target DPS.
The bad:
Enemies can move 2 pixels away and you will miss the attack entierly, leaving you with no relics for some time; You will be moving around using your own feet and a flask that often expires.

Flicker Strike
The good:
Teleports you around the maps, gives you move speed buff that scales with necromanser duration passives; Lag immune - even if your FPS drops to 0, you still be flickering about, and never miss attack like with static stirke, blowing things up before they kill you.
The bad:
If there is just one fat enemy left, you might run out of charges and potentionlay die from being stuck, if you fail to react; With dexterity you have, your relic will activate every 0.4 seconds or so, instead of 0.3 - DPS loss for single target; Its a flicker strike. You might get dizzy playing it.

Overall I encourage people who play this build to try it out. I enjoy it so far, even when it has its downsides. And I think its it a superior skill to use at league start because it makes you go zoom zoom. But it needs to be tested, as you also need to cast SRS when leveling, and Static lets you cast while also attacking.
Regret from my skeleton mages build to yours. Feel amazing with high survivalbility and clear speed. Able to kill Sirius A9 deathless with dirty cheap gear (except HH for my mapping). Thanks a lot. Keep updating for the new upcoming league. This will be insane league starter in my opinion.
Hi,

Many thanks for the build, looks very nice for league starter, because like it looks around 40-50 chaos for basic 1-2 kk shaper dps.

Question - is there a reason why you are not using cyclone?
Oh damn, people still read this crap?

Alright then, update time!

But first, answering the questions.

"
icovex wrote:
Hi,

Question - is there a reason why you are not using cyclone?

The short answer - because you don't need to hold a button down. You only need to tag anything with static once every 10 seconds, and you good to just run through packs. Cyclone also slows you down.

The bigger answer would refer to why people even use Cyclone for relics builds. Because they use Two Handed weapon with +to level of gems craft, and can't craft Trigger Spells on it. In that version of the build, you would trigger Bone Offering with Cast while Channeling + Cyclone.

With this build you don't need that. You also can support your Static strike with some extra utility of your choice, while Cylcone must have static gem links.

But, if you like Cyclone, you can still do it, just as any other Attack skill. Shield Charge, Flicker Strike, Spectral Helix, all will trigger relics. Note that channeling Cyclone will not work with Trigger Spell craft, as you are not using skills, you are channeling. You will have to stop Cyclone and start it over again for it to be counted as "use a skill"
Ziz Gauntlet and BK Bingo league Update!

Participated in both leagues to see if the build can hold in SSF/HC environment.

As per usual I will attempt to condense the entire experience into TL;DR at the end, so you can skip right to it to save some time.

Its also worth noticing that I am a very much casual player, and I haven't played HC or SSF ever before.

Ziz Gauntlet

Suffice to say build held pretty well. I was going slow and safe and managed to beat all acts even with Gauntled mods.

And then Betrayal spawned and crashed my game, killing me in a process. Sadge.

No logout macro were used, damage felt okay-mediocre. Survivability felt great. Resists were never an issue, neither were ailments. Block is op.

The problem was not in dangers of HC or extra damage mods from monsters. It was in SSF part.
Bingo League

Having only 200 participating, the league felt very much SSF as no one would trade anything particularly useful.

And here is where problems start. But first lets go through good things.
1) You can get to the very high levels of block very fast and with almost no gear.
2) Resist cap and even some decent amount of Chaos Resist is easily achievable.

Now to the problems.
1) Trigger craft is super RNG. Some people get it right away. In m case - I never got it. I will not exaggerate if I say that build can not be played without Trigger craft. You need it. You need it more than anything. In SSF you might not get it.
2) Damage. Its bad. You really need all sources of + to level for Relics to feel competitive with other busted skills. You NEED +1 Tabula. You NEED Geofry's Legacy - fated unique. You might not get them in SSF, and then build falls apart, leaving you farming act bosses or t1 maps.
3) Rampge. You don't need it, but its really nice to have it. Same story. SSF - no items, you will be very slow without it.

All that slowed me down imencely compared to other players who were racing for rewards, using meta skills. But even then, I wasn't THAT much behind.

And yet, hitting a wall in maps, that is decribed few post before, I could not climb over it in SSF.

TL;DR
I think I can say that this build is HC viable. You get to max block very early, you have high mitigations, ailment protection, high resists and chaos resit.

I can't recommend playing this build in SSF. The core imtes are very important to the build to the point that it becomes unplayable if you don't have them.

You'd think its about uniques, but its mostly about Trigger craft.

Regardless, playing it with extra challnage felt fun for a while.

POB - https://pastebin.com/EjZRmfmz

What I expect from next league

I actually expect this build to be WORSE next league.
The reason being - at least half (if not more) of the build strength comes from defensive layers.

If GGG will give us more ways to build defence, there will be skills that do more damage, that used to be glass canons, that will suddenly be tankier and feel easy to play.

I have zero hopes that the damage of Holy relics will be adjusted in any way. Having 5-6 mill Shaper DPS with the maxed-out gear - is not a lot.

But it might just be good enough to leaguestart and reroll. And of course I will not be doing that and try to push this build to the limit again.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Sep 22, 2021, 3:57:31 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
Oh damn, people still read this crap?

Fair answer, i was thinking maybe i was not understanding in the build.
Im referring to this build:

https://pastebin.com/8wmYx6r0

1) Why you use spiritual aid? All the skills are doing nothing, and this only eat your passives?
2) You have heavily invested in different ways of receiving the block, and hurt yourself with a lot of different other options, is not worth to take the glancing blows, reduce the efforts for especially - spell damage block - and invest more heavily in armour?
3) Why you are not reviewing the possibility of AG? AG can give you - unnerve, additional curse, -9 phys res, immune to ailments or endurance charge creation, blind or resist to crit. strikes, also Spectres? It will require some skill points in the tree, but its not much
4) Have you tried the cold conversion of this build?
5) For what you need meat shield for the holy relic? Because in other case it will run whenever they want, and this is the way how you keep them together? But maybe then better to use the rotting legion? It will give you basically 7-link, and its more, then additional + 1 socketed gems, because you can get +1 socket gems quite cheap, as noone is using it
6) Spell echo - is it working on holy relic?
7) I completely do not understand the choosing of the gloves... Please explain what they are giving to you?

Please do not consider my questions as critic, after your last post, you said that you are a fan of this build, and i also like to build something, which is noone playing, if you are interested i can share with you what im playing :)

I like this build and this idea as a league starter, but i'm looking with around 20-30 ex investment you can basically double the damage without big lossess :)

"
icovex wrote:

Please do not consider my questions as critic, after your last post, you said that you are a fan of this build, and i also like to build something, which is noone playing, if you are interested i can share with you what im playing :)

Oh I'm more than happy to have your questions. Because I can add them in FAQ later :D

Shall we begin.

1) Spiritual Aid
on a passive tree is an important node to take, because it amplifies damage done by effects caused by your gloves. Be it rampage corpse explosion, or Asenath's explode on kill effect, the damage scales massively from that node.

7) The use of gloves is a Spiritual Aid. It adds a lot of speed and clear as listed above.

6) No it does not, its not a casted spell, its triggered spell.

5) Meat Shield a)makes relics not die - flat damage reduction from all sources. b) makes relics do more damage to enemeis near you. And enemies are always near you.

Rotting Legion is an option, but not a good one. Roting Legion only has lvl 1 Meat Shield. Its just 20%. +1 to all gems is about 60% boost. Its always better to have +gems than +1 extra support link.

4) I tried that, I actually started this build way before as elemntal relics. But pure phys is easier to build, scale and they end up with about the same damage as elemental with all the investemnt into resist stripping. There is a third way of doing relics if you want to explore - quality stacking. With Enchance and Divergent Holy Relic.

3)
"
I tried everything in regards of that.

I tried freeing slots I have on my golem to give AG more survivability, wasted a bunch of exalts on the best gear to keep it alive.

I even paried him up with specters that heal your minions for 100% HP every 4 seconds.

It just doesn't work, when you have zero minion life passives on tree and don't take bone armor from acendancy.

Any time I'd boss or do high deli maps - AG would die. Every time I don't boss, I don't need AG because relics clear things up anyway.

That being said, if there was a way to keep him alive, its a massive boost to damage and utility.

It just dies. You have no minion HP nodes. You can use him in maps, but bosses is ehhhhhh....

2) Glancing Blows are decent at the start, but at the end game content, its not enough. Investing into armor is the worst thing you can do. At least with current state of armor in the game. TL;DR - its always better to not take damage, than take reduced damage, because something will oneshot/shotgun you at some point.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Sep 23, 2021, 1:11:45 PM
Does faster casting and Frenzy charges work on relics? POB shows tons of damage adding.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info