[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All challenges done. Adjusting build

"
Vennto wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

It is indeed a very cheap and tanky build. The gear you see in videos is actually worse than listed in pob, because those were taken before fully optimized.

But you don't even need that. All you need is 6L with high level gems, Asenath touch, Spiritual Aid, and if you hate dying - Glorious vanity and you good to go. This alone will get you the proper feeling of the build. If you wanna save some money - go for null and void instead. It will give you some idea of how build works and will not cost you lots.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I just started leveling the build a bit and will test it in a low-currency-environment, consider starting this in 3.17. If it works like shown in the video this is potentially one of the strongest and most potent starter builds in my opinion as the money for the gear can be acquired on day 2 respectively.
Only small issue I see with 3.17 is the removal of prophecy so it´s not really clear when geoffrys legacy will hit the market. Other than that, totally fine and I will probably go for this one.

It is very clear. They specificaly mentioned geoffrys legacy in the post. It will become a core drop pool. The squestion is - how rare it will be.

Good luck with your testing, I'd love to her how it goes and maybe give some tips on the way, feel free to ask. But I tried this build several times SSF. Its not very SSF friendly, I tell you that much. You really want Empower and Geofrys.
"
It is very clear. They specificaly mentioned geoffrys legacy in the post. It will become a core drop pool. The squestion is - how rare it will be.

Yep, I´ve read up on this, thats what I meant with "It is unclear when it hits the market" - we only know it drops from map-bosses, but we don´t know from what tier-level and nothing about the rarity, that was my point ;-)

"
Good luck with your testing, I'd love to her how it goes and maybe give some tips on the way, feel free to ask. But I tried this build several times SSF. Its not very SSF friendly, I tell you that much. You really want Empower and Geofrys.

Geoffris is a common unique and I am confident I´ll be able to make the helmet even in SSF. Besides, thats the whole idea of testing it in SSF - its as close as u can get to simulate a league-start in those new conditions where we don´t know when the helmet will appear on the trade-side.

Just swapped to the setup on level 31 and so far even on one relic its really fun :) I´ll keep u updated from time to time how it goes :) thx again!
"
Vennto wrote:
"

Yep, I´ve read up on this, thats what I meant with "It is unclear when it hits the market" - we only know it drops from map-bosses, but we don´t know from what tier-level and nothing about the rarity, that was my point ;-)

Well if it will become a part of the core pool, you can just chance it and it will be worth every single chance orb, because it basicaly double your damage. And Geofy is the only thing you can get. There is no other uniques you could chance.

"
Vennto wrote:
"

Geoffris is a common unique and I am confident I´ll be able to make the helmet even in SSF. Besides, thats the whole idea of testing it in SSF - its as close as u can get to simulate a league-start in those new conditions where we don´t know when the helmet will appear on the trade-side.

I beg to differ, the first real boost you get from Flesh and Spirit, and you can get them for cheap day 1 in trade. The decond biggest boost comes from having Trigger weapon. And that's full on RNG. You might not even get it day 30 SSF. Trigger weapon makes the build whole.

"
Vennto wrote:
Just swapped to the setup on level 31 and so far even on one relic its really fun :) I´ll keep u updated from time to time how it goes :) thx again!

Here is the thing, leveling with relics or swapping early to it, is a bad idea. I normaly just have 3-4 links SRS-Infernal Legion-Combustion-Unleash + Minion Instability up to maps.

Once I get Trigger weapon and 4 link, I swap to relics, but I still use SRS for clear, because you can use Static Strike, and then Unleash SRS while moving around.

You can check out my character in Endless Delve SSF to see how I go about leveling.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Dec 5, 2021, 11:56:57 PM
I'm confused about Summon Holy Relic skill gem.

Does it attack, or just provide regen and minion speed? Can it be used without any support gem purely for the life regen aspect or that's wasting a gem slot?
"
eosguy wrote:

Does it attack, or just provide regen and minion speed? Can it be used without any support gem purely for the life regen aspect or that's wasting a gem slot?

Holy Relic attacks everytime you attack with an attack-based skill and activates a regeneration-aura with a 4-second duration (round about). It could potentially be used in a one-link to give other minions the regeneration, but u need to make sure u use an attack-skill to proc it. If you just use other minions it wont attack or regen anything.

Easy ways to use it would be using frenzy in another one-link. In order for it to deal damage we use Static strike which hits once every 0.33 seconds or flicker strike with high AS.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Holy Relic attacks everytime you attack with an attack-based skill and activates a regeneration-aura with a 4-second duration (round about). It could potentially be used in a one-link to give other minions the regeneration, but u need to make sure u use an attack-skill to proc it. If you just use other minions it wont attack or regen anything.

Easy ways to use it would be using frenzy in another one-link. In order for it to deal damage we use Static strike which hits once every 0.33 seconds or flicker strike with high AS.

So just using convocation or flame dash won't trigger it at all? :(

I'll give it a try with Static Strike

Update: Too clunky mechanic to use for regen. Back to vitality. :)
Last edited by eosguy on Dec 17, 2021, 8:07:35 AM
Just a little update.

Atlas invasion is a perfect oportunity to try this build out, becase 3 of end game imtes drop like in act 2

Its also a perfect oportunity for me to nail down the leveling of the build, I'll try to snapshot PoB on every key stage of the game and after I'm done, combine it into a proper post.

For now - lvl 30 character https://pastebin.com/8gsqX605

Level 60 - https://pastebin.com/XX76rtXY

69 - https://pastebin.com/LLafjqxx
Half way transition to relics.
Nearly capped block
All ress cap
Endu charges
2400 life.

From lvl 66 I was mapping, but I would not recomend making a transition unless you have 4L in every possible slot with right colors.

Lvl 74 - https://pastebin.com/CMbNuFws - full transition to relics. Build is set in stone and ready.

Although I would still keep SRS for at least yellow maps. Just for clear speed.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Dec 28, 2021, 11:24:29 AM
Another league another wave of nerfs to the builds people don't even play, am I right?

Its early to judge (but I do it anyway, because you just gotta bump the thread, eh?)

Conquerors rotating out. That in turn means that Awakened gems become that much more rare. Woke minion damage in iteself gonna cost a fortune.

Losing woke gems will result in at least 15-25% DPS nerf to the build in its end state. And a loss of some very valuable damage boosting mechanics.

Crush effect from Brutality - not that big of a deal, honestly, but still something. Mostly useful for map mods, it still gives 2-3% dps on bosses. There is no good way of getting the effect.

Unnerve effect from Controlled Destruction. This is a big one. Straight up 10% dps loss. You can, however, get Unnerve effect from multiple different sources to compensate for its loss. Mostly thinking of using influenced gloves on Animated Guardian. Or a curse cluster jewel passive on Megalomaniac.

And the biggest so far - +1 of minion gem levels from Minion Damage. Another 10% dps loss. No way to compensate that.

That being said, I don't think that is THAT big of a deal. Every build in the game will suffer such downgrades.
This build will go from 5Mill Sirus DPS to 4Mill Sirus DPS. I'm fairly confident such change would not affect the build in any meaningful way. Maybe doing Feared would be a little bit harder, but that's it.

And, of course, there is also a chance that new league + expansion will bring MORE power creep and ways of boosting our damage/survivability even farther beyond. Some changes to the tree and masteries are also possible.

The league start and the mid game should be the same. We don't rely on any specific items or uniques too much.

Few words about that - I'm terrible at making leveling guides so w/e there is in the last post will be all you get. Hopefully someone make use of it. There is also a few videos I'd like to share.

https://youtu.be/AA75fKRqKqY - Level 68 character with almost no gear, ready for mapping. Should give you idea how would it be at league start.

https://youtu.be/kJNy4fCw9Yk - Playthrough of speed leveling Absolution Witch character. The tree is very similar and won't require a lot of regrets to respec to Holy Relics. Its something I might try at league start instead of SRS that I usually do. Even though I hate Absolution mechanic of having to spawn it on bosses.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Jan 21, 2022, 8:23:01 AM
Well, I personally wouldn't call that a nerf at all. Are Awakened Gems still available? Yes. So I don't get how you can argue we're loosing dps. All thats happening is they get a bit more expensive (supposedly) on an already cheap build.

When it comes to this setup I am for now way more concerned about Determination/Defiance Banner, having enough armor feels good and a nerf to it would hurt a bit. Then again, if I remember correctly you didn't even use determination in your setup, so another thing u don't need to worry about. Divine shield as the top keystone on the left side? Unlikely, but also possible it, or the related unique Aegis, get a small hit.

But I'm definitely not loosing sleep over higher prices on gems.

Still very keen to play this. Did my leveling training and can vouch for Balaars Absolution run, made it to maps in 4.15, will use the advantage for early economy and get this thing rolling as fast as possible. Thx again for the guide/pob, looking forward playing it :)
Hi Fire_Archer.

i want to play this build for a while now, but i still cant descide if i should go with your version of the build or Moosseolini's.

there are some points of the build i dont rly understand. first of all he plays with a 2 hand weapon + 1 minion + 2 sup gems 80 minio dps, but you play with a wand with double dmg + trigger. is there a reason behind this beside from using the Aegis Auroa shild ?

im also a bit confused about dmg and survivabilty between both ascandancys.
it would be nice if you can maybe point it out for me.

i read both of your guides and try to understand it as good as i can but im question my self still, what is the better ascandancy for a leauge start and early mapping. i dont care if 1 ascandandancy is later better after spendig 100+ ex, i just care about a good start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info