[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content done. Rant time.

HI Man,

one question, I'm using divergent holy relic with enhance lv4, is this more effective and more DPS than melee physical or concetraed aoe effect.

Cheers

edit: just noticed that melee physical is not supported by holy relic :)

so predator support or enhance?
Last edited by mikejones on Nov 21, 2021, 3:57:02 PM
"
mikejones wrote:
HI Man,

one question, I'm using divergent holy relic with enhance lv4, is this more effective and more DPS than melee physical or concetraed aoe effect.

Cheers

edit: just noticed that melee physical is not supported by holy relic :)

so predator support or enhance?

Neither as both of them is a trap.

1) Predator is not scaled correctly in PoB. For some reason PoB thinks its an active gem and it gets +10 to levels, while in reality its a support gem and only gets +2.

At level of 21 it will only give you 3% more damage than a Anomalus Meat Shield.

2) Enhance indeed boost up damage a bit more, but then you are facing a problem. How would you activate your relics every 0.2 secods? Static strike can't do that, its locked in 0.4-0.3, so you will have to use some other attack like Cyclone and make sure you are attacking fast enough. That is very problematic and the boost to damage is not as big.

I use Anomalus Meat Shield when I go for boss killing or even just farming. It affects all enemies instead of just one like Predator. You don't need to activate it, and its more consistent.

AND it makes relics more durable against Shaper beams and what not.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Nov 21, 2021, 10:47:56 PM
1st time i see Holy Relics to be this good haha. Nice build.

Did you play Herald of Agony? Can you compare both build?

Might switch to your set up.

Thanks!
Thanks for the build. Having a lot of fun with it. Made several attempts at crafting the double damage minion weapons but failed, so I made this instead. Got lucky with annulling it twice without removing the +1 Spell Gems and multi-mod crafted from there. Not sure if it was really worth the currency spent but it should be a decent upgrade over the scepter I previously had (+1 Spell w/ Trigger Craft).

Hello, its me again.
36 Challanges are done (all solo) and its tiem for a little update...

Spoiler
Feared all at once was not a clean fight. But my gear was not even optimized, AND I lost Animate Guardian in a process because it was on a 2 link.

Feared all at once

I'm settling down on the current gem link. Its a fair balance of convinience, you don't need to swap gems too much, if any, and can farm both bosses and maps with very little change to the gems.

Current gear
Spoiler

There are a lot of changes that needs to be added to the main post, and I don't have much time to do that, so I'm sorry for anyone who is trying to follow the guide its going to be outated for some time.

That being said, changer are rather small.

Another thing I wanted to share, is how this build performs in different contents. Warning - lots of text. ( that is not even that usefull)
Spoiler
League mechanics

Legion
Spoiler
2/10
Prolly the worst mechanic there is to do. Its very hard for this build to clear the encounter, and its almost impossible to reasonable amount of kills in 4-5 way.

Blight
Spoiler
4/10
Becomes doable after you invest into Athenas. Before that? Hardly. Even encounters is hard to do without explody gloves.

Hardbringers
Spoiler
8/10
You gonna need burning ground immunity and its pretty free. The Proximity Shields that often spawn are annoying but nothing special. The Beachhead map is annoying to do because of too much open space. The boss fight itself is easy though.

Breach
Spoiler
10/10
Prolly thee best mechanic you can do. No downsides. Can do it both encounters, breachstones, and The Hidden with very little investments. On any breach lord. And not only that, but you also can get some good drops while doing it. So its useful more than just for profit

Abyss
Spoiler
9/10
Both encounters and Abyssal Depth are easy to do. But you barely need anything from that for yourself. It’s a good way to make a lot of Stygains and craft them for selling tho.

Bestiary
Spoiler
9/10
Easy to do, the more enemies spawn in a tight place, the better for this build. Again, big crafts are not needed or used to progress the build, so its just for profit.

Incursion
Spoiler
10/10
Both encounters and the Temple is super easy to do. And on top of that almost every room that temple gives is valuable to progress this build.

Delve
Spoiler
9/10
Due to a recent change, Delve feels pretty damn nice. I hate the mechanic personally, because its easy to do but also easy to di to the darkness. The amount of bosses they let you fight this league is huge. And this build can handle all the bosses very well. Even with spooky mods. Huge profit, but no items are needed for the build.

Betrayal
Spoiler
10/10
There is nothing hard about encounters or the Boss fight. Lot of value for upgrading the gear, getting juice for other content, or getting valuable unique drops for sale. And it brings us the Trigger craft that makes this build working.

Synthesis
Spoiler
9/10
I was going to give it an 8, because of how rare the maps are. But its just very fun to do, every time. And some of the fractured/synthesis bases can be very valuable to the build.

Metamorph
Spoiler
6/10
Again, this build can handle bosses pretty well, and you can get some value from early catalysts, but nothing is needed from the drop pool, and rewards from metamorfs are pretty weak as a farming strategy.

Delirium.
Spoiler
9/10
This one is a tricky one.
Mirror of delirium – can be pretty hard to get full value out of it. Its very much depends on layout of the map, and generally too random. You can do it fairly well, but you are not blowing up 4 screens ahead and need to run from pack to pack wasting time.
Delirium orbs – super free. Up to 100% delirium, no problem at all with a full build. Maximum juice for massive amount of splinters.
Simulacrum – you can reliably farm it to the wave 30, but only if you invest into your Animate Guardian to get rid of critical hits. Before that? Wave 25 easy.

Harvest.
Spoiler
7/10
Its pretty hard to encounters if you are undergeared. You rarely even need anything from those. Bosses are easy though, but might take a while to kill them. And even with full gear some random oneshots still happen because of aurastacking. Its rare – but it happens.

Heist
Spoiler
9/10
One point taken out because DOORS. And because this build is not particularly fast moving. You are safe from dying, you can run through traps, you can even xp farm enemies there, but some HH bow character would do that 10 times faster.

Ritual
Spoiler
7/10
Tight space, lots of mobs. Nothing of value. If you like farming those, you can put as much juice as you want, including the hardest bosses.

Expedition
Spoiler
9/10
Perfect for relic build. Ward gets removed by static strike, then relics deal full damage. Bosses are fun and manageable. One point taken because you can’t just mindlessly pick every mod. There are some dangerous ones including phys imunity that bricks the build.

You say that we should annoint deflection. But deflection does not give what it says on the wiki anymore

Also i see you have done some changes to your build compared to the guide.

Is imbalanced guard still the best option?
Last edited by LordDuckiie on Dec 3, 2021, 12:23:22 PM
"
Feurn wrote:
1st time i see Holy Relics to be this good haha. Nice build.

Did you play Herald of Agony? Can you compare both build?

Might switch to your set up.

Thanks!

Never played HoAg, but I assume playstyle will be very different. With relics being face to face combat all the time, while with HoaG you can stay away and build stacks with ranged abilities.

"
sushibagel wrote:
Thanks for the build. Having a lot of fun with it. Made several attempts at crafting the double damage minion weapons but failed, so I made this instead. Got lucky with annulling it twice without removing the +1 Spell Gems and multi-mod crafted from there. Not sure if it was really worth the currency spent but it should be a decent upgrade over the scepter I previously had (+1 Spell w/ Trigger Craft).

Luckly weapon is not that important. I would rather ugrade your chest with a blessing. Be careful about it not able to use regular gems after you upgrade it though.

"
LordDuckiie wrote:
You say that we should annoint deflection. But deflection does not give what it says on the wiki anymore

Also i see you have done some changes to your build compared to the guide.

Is imbalanced guard still the best option?

Yes, build went through a LOT of changes, you can track those in comments. I recently updated the main post with fresh info.

As for imbalanced guard - its second best. It provides a bunch of phys reduction against big hits. But its not that important to chase it. If you hit it, its great, if you don't, you happy with +1 gems anyway.

The best one to hit would be Wicked Ward.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Dec 4, 2021, 5:41:27 AM
So wicked Ward is the one we should get on skin of the lords.

Btw do you think a8 sirus etc is dead with a regular 8sec trigger wand?

AND why do you use unearth in your setup when you already have desecrate :)
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
So wicked Ward is the one we should get on skin of the lords.

Btw do you think a8 sirus etc is dead with a regular 8sec trigger wand?

AND why do you use unearth in your setup when you already have desecrate :)

For sure. You only need 4 seconds Trigger to keep 100% uptime of extra Area of Effect.

You want to have Desecrate and Unearth because bodies from Desecrate gets consumed by Bone Offering, and then you dop an extra corpse to activate your Plaguebringer ascendancy
Ok :) Because the 4sec cooldown wands with + to spell skills etc are 10exalts and up. So Hell no xD

Btw is there a way to get this build good with cyclone instead?
Static strike is not a really good skill since i can stand in a middle of the pack an miss on mobs (have RT point taken)
Last edited by LordDuckiie on Dec 4, 2021, 11:49:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info