[3.13] Skeleton Nebulomancer | Sirus tank&kill on a <5ex budget, NO AURASTACK ! Beginner-friendly

"
Question: Why is Nebulochx2 better then Nebuloch + Shield?

Not really better: both have pros and cons.

Pros for Shield over dual wield:
- Cheaper, as dual Nebulochs require a second medium cluster with Cry wolf to ensure endu charge generation
- More life
- Better early on as it gives easy 100% buff uptime to EC
- Better block chance
- Usable even before being full gear (transcendance+loreweave), strong by itself
- Less degen from Nebuloch, so you keep regenerating life even out of the EC bursts and flasks

Pros for dual Nebuloch
- Much more armour, allowing you to tank even more elemental hits without caring (also another 10% less elemental damage from hits on top of it)
- +36% chaos resistance, so capping chaos res becomes manageable even with tons of unique gear

I played with dual Nebulochs on 3.12 most of the time; this season I want to try endgame with Redblade Banner, to see if all can be done (Uber Elder and Maven, namely).
"
GERWARIC wrote:

UPDATE: I switched over from my traditional skelemancer to skeleton mages in a transendence loreweaver setup: huge drop in damage but she zooms and tanks like a pathfinder with Hardened Scars and a quicksilver flask of adrenaline. (The damage loss is due to the fact my loreweave is only 5L, I gave up two gem levels that were coming from my wands, and I haven't sorted my new gear to fit an EE trigger/curse). I will test melee skeletons with this setup and see how they feel--even thought I will miss the look and feel of the mages.

No surprise, having both hands' gear being defensive results in far less dps than with minion wands. When you get back EE and curse it should be fine for clear, just a bit longer for bossing, but a lot safer, as you have noticed ;)

I just transitioned as well, only 5L on Loreweave for now. I need to change my trash amulet for something with better rolls, ideally +1 skeleton, +5% physical reduction and some life and chaos resists... Won't have all of it anytime soon, though. I feel much safer during rituals in red maps now; I'm around 120k dps per skeleton on 5l with melee splash, counting EE and curse, enough for now, but not for long.
Noob question, so the Timeless jewel need to be placed in the exact position and exact roll number ?
In theory, no; you only need a Militant Faith in the name of Maxarius, this is the only requirement for the jewel to grant Transcendance.

However, due to the accessible jewel sockets in the tree, and because we don't want to lose Elemental Equilibrium, the slot I use is the best.

The numbers don't matter for this build.
Hello

I'm following your build and it is realy nice, tankyness is so good =)

I got a question and sorry if you say it somewhere but didn't find, how do you proc elemental equilibrium? You mention it on the glove section with the color of triad grip but with 4 G so full cold damage with what did we proc it?

Good work for the build.

Thanks and fly safe.
"
Tagmatar wrote:
Hello

I got a question and sorry if you say it somewhere but didn't find, how do you proc elemental equilibrium? You mention it on the glove section with the color of triad grip but with 4 G so full cold damage with what did we proc it?

Good work for the build.

Thanks and fly safe.

Triad Grip only converts Minion damage to cold, not ours; so we can proc EE ourselves with any skill that doesn't deal cold damage.

Best options are, in my opinion:
- Shield charge when you have Nebuloch (or any fire/lightning added damage to attacks), as it gives you Fortify as well
- Storm Brand, with the option to link it with Hextouch and Frostbite for better quality of life.

For now I use hextouching Storm Brand with my Triad Grip being 3G 1R so I can socket in Hatred with Generosity. Eventually I must switch to 4G triad, as the damage is way higher.
"
PoitelMarto wrote:
"
Tagmatar wrote:
Hello

Good work for the build.

Thanks and fly safe.

Triad Grip only converts Minion damage to cold, not ours; so we can proc EE ourselves with any skill that doesn't deal cold damage.

Best options are, in my opinion:
- Shield charge when you have Nebuloch (or any fire/lightning added damage to attacks), as it gives you Fortify as well
- Storm Brand, with the option to link it with Hextouch and Frostbite for better quality of life.

For now I use hextouching Storm Brand with my Triad Grip being 3G 1R so I can socket in Hatred with Generosity. Eventually I must switch to 4G triad, as the damage is way higher.

Ho i miss the conversion part of Nebuloch, thank you!!
Something I personally found nice is using a Devouring Diadem instead of Diebellow. It solves the mana problem, the energy shield loss is whatever since we never used it anyway, and the reduced mana reservation allows you to slot in skitterbots as well so the damage remains about the same. In fact, it's slightly higher. The corpse-eating is a small thing that generally doesn't matter, but it helps you sustain a bit of extra life while mapping.
Feel stupid, thought this was a real build. Was tired of dying so decided to give this a try.Wasted a lot of time and the little bit of currency I had saved. Lesson learned I guess.
"
Xebot wrote:
Feel stupid, thought this was a real build. Was tired of dying so decided to give this a try.Wasted a lot of time and the little bit of currency I had saved. Lesson learned I guess.

I am sorry to hear that. What problems do you face ?

Having had a quick look to your character, it looks like all is fine. I really am very surprised you're having a hard time even before lvl 80.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info