[3.13] Skeleton Nebulomancer | Sirus tank&kill on a <5ex budget, NO AURASTACK ! Beginner-friendly

Hey man, I have been playing the build, while leveling it was just insane. However, now that I am trying double nebs my degen is nasty and ultimately I end up dying pretty quick. I also have 8 end charges but my res isn't capped like yours in your POB.

When you get a chance, can you review my character? It's Purromz.

Thanks.
"
Hey man, I have been playing the build, while leveling it was just insane. However, now that I am trying double nebs my degen is nasty and ultimately I end up dying pretty quick. I also have 8 end charges but my res isn't capped like yours in your POB.

When you get a chance, can you review my character? It's Purromz.

Thanks.

Hi,
I'm not sure where to check your resists in the character list, but sadly it is not easy to cap them with so much uniques. Until you have good res rolls on all your jewels, the best solution probably is to use a rare shield with good res over the second nebuloch, so you cap resists and reduce degen all in one; or you drop the amulet for a cheap, well-rolled talisman with resists and good stats and with Vigour on it (there are tons of them with 80+ life and 50+ elemental resists for a couple c, and with chaos res on top of it for a reasonable price).
Also, you really need to allocate Stamina before Endurance, as the small passive before it grants solid life regen.

This is the first build in five years of casual play to bring me up to T16 maps. Killed Sirus today for the first time with three deaths. Lost two animate guardians. Pyrrhic win but satisfying to triumph over an end-stage boss.

I'm using the old physical build with impale. I stay too far away from enemies for curse auras to be effective. The cold build got instakilled by Sirus in a T14 map when I decided to rush in close. So despite being super tanky, I'm still not able to go toe-to-toe with top tier bosses.

Nothing wrong with build, just poor play on my part. I am rarely able to coordinate my fingers to press my flasks when needed. This build is as tanky as a necromancer can get. Many thanks to the creator for sharing this awesome build!
So thinking about this more, how important is Nebuloch actually? I get that it's a substantial amount of armor and chaos resists, but I'm wondering if replacing it for a minion wand or an aura staff might be better? Maybe replacing the chestpiece with something crafted for more armor+resists too? Then you could also run a 6-link zombies or try for some aura-stacking.

Also, would running Frostbite as an aura be better than Hatred, at least lategame? I run into huge issues on cold/elemental-resisting enemies and the Frostbite (casted normally) feels like it more than doubles the DPS, whereas I don't feel like hatred really does enough.

Finally, having full-green gloves loses a lot of otherwise-useful sockets in my opinion. I've tried blue sockets+wrath+conductivity and while you lose some of the giant-wave safety from greens, I think the DPS is a bit better and you can run more spells and auras with better supports.
"
Talisette wrote:
This is the first build in five years of casual play to bring me up to T16 maps. Killed Sirus today for the first time with three deaths. Lost two animate guardians. Pyrrhic win but satisfying to triumph over an end-stage boss.

I'm using the old physical build with impale. I stay too far away from enemies for curse auras to be effective. The cold build got instakilled by Sirus in a T14 map when I decided to rush in close. So despite being super tanky, I'm still not able to go toe-to-toe with top tier bosses.

Nothing wrong with build, just poor play on my part. I am rarely able to coordinate my fingers to press my flasks when needed. This build is as tanky as a necromancer can get. Many thanks to the creator for sharing this awesome build!

I really am glad to read this.
As I said in the original post, I like you have been struggling reaching (and beating) endgame content before playing this build. If you checked the videos, you'll see my playing skills are mediocre at best; and yet I managed to survive most endgame bosses.

The very reason I posted this build was helping people like you and me, loving the game but bad at dodging and playing too casually to use crazy unkillable builds. It's great if it worked for you ! With some practuce I'm sure you'll kick Sirus's ass deathless in the end.
"
xWidget wrote:
So thinking about this more, how important is Nebuloch actually? I get that it's a substantial amount of armor and chaos resists, but I'm wondering if replacing it for a minion wand or an aura staff might be better? Maybe replacing the chestpiece with something crafted for more armor+resists too? Then you could also run a 6-link zombies or try for some aura-stacking.

Also, would running Frostbite as an aura be better than Hatred, at least lategame? I run into huge issues on cold/elemental-resisting enemies and the Frostbite (casted normally) feels like it more than doubles the DPS, whereas I don't feel like hatred really does enough.

Finally, having full-green gloves loses a lot of otherwise-useful sockets in my opinion. I've tried blue sockets+wrath+conductivity and while you lose some of the giant-wave safety from greens, I think the DPS is a bit better and you can run more spells and auras with better supports.

1) What you suggest is a totally different approach of skelemancer; it does work, but dropping Nebuloch and chest means Transcendence won't work at all, so you have no way to mitigate elemental damage. Of course you'll boaster much more dps with offensive gearing, but you lose a large part of defense; in this case, other skeleton builds will suit you better than mine, which purely focuses on high defenses, relying on skellies' high base damage for dps.

2) Hatred is key to physical-based minions if you want to convert damage; I don't claim I've immense knowledge on the matter, but the way Hatred scales is beyond compare. If you didn't check it already, iLL3aT's cold skeletons widely explains why Hatred is best. Note that if you drop Determination, you could run frosbite as aura, or link your EE-proc skill to hextouch+frosbite.

3) Same as above; for physical-based minions, Hatred alone is superior to Wrath+generosity. I didn't do the math lately, but if you feel you lack sockets, running either Hatred (w/o generosity), precision, dash and Vaal Haste in 4G Triad, or Hatred+generosity, precision and dash in a 3G1R Triad (in the latter, drop shield charge and use Stormbrand/hextouch/frostbite for EE) still largely beats wrath without being more socket-greedy.
However, if you use skeleton mages, who have base elemental damage, using Wrath (or Anger) has more sense. Again, this is another build, much more like Odif's newbie skelemage guide.
Wouldn't guardian be better...?
Don't think so, unless you follow the aurastacking route, and that's another build, costing 20x more, I'd say.

You can give both Onslaught and Intimidate with cluster jewels so the minion damage line of the Guardian isn't that good, and the other nodes aren't really appealing except block. On the other hand, Necro gives more %increased minion damage (even after nerf), same attack speed (19% to 20), move speed, +2 lvl to minion skills, and +10% physical reduction as well as 20% increased life recovery, effectively combo-ing with EC and escalation. On top of that you have more elemental resist (30% to 20), which is more than welcome knowing how many uniques the build runs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info