[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

Hi! anyone mind explaining how farming out the cluster jewels will work out in detail?

Do we just chaos spam until we have the thing that we want? Never done it before.

Thanks!

EDIT: oh and also new pantheons- im on arakaali and ralakesh for now but they got reworked so if anyone knows better ones pls lmk :D
Last edited by kirenasura33 on Oct 24, 2021, 7:54:59 AM
"
kirenasura33 wrote:
Hi! anyone mind explaining how farming out the cluster jewels will work out in detail?

Do we just chaos spam until we have the thing that we want? Never done it before.

Thanks!

EDIT: oh and also new pantheons- im on arakaali and ralakesh for now but they got reworked so if anyone knows better ones pls lmk :D

Best way for me is to spam Chaos craft on harvest. Use point on damage nodes (or life ones) and have a Medium cluster to spam life to get Flow of Life and a Large to spam chaos to get triple chaos (got 1 already).

People having hard time on color, on the vorici calculator the best one is 1G1B and you will get on avg 512 chromatics. Its a little expensive, however if you can just go with 5 sockets, you could get harvest crafts for color and get some extra tries and get the 4 off colour (manage to get 2 for my character, now I can corrupt one of them)
Just found my first harvest and had two color socket crafts, and hit 2/2/2 on Death's Oath right away. Loving this league starter more than any I've done before, so much fun leveling and when I was able to flip it on. Defenses can be iffy but once I did an item/skills refresh to get the defenses up it's been flying.
Hey there.

Thank you very much for this build, I'm having quite some fun playing it!

One question though: I'm not sure why you elected to use Lifetap on the chest instead of "Less duration"?
From a profane eyes like mine, it seems as if Less duration provides consistent same power while life tap is more circunstancial (i.e. for 4s after you hit your Enduring cry).
Or am I totally misunderstanding how lifetap works in this setup?
Today i open location with prophecy The Plaguemaw V, kill Plaguemaw and can't find recipe cannot roll attack modifier, how i can find this recipe?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAh1-5ifvlyh_AqkZVaGTLw
Small Life Hacks:

1. If you can't make right colors on the start of league, you can use red gems: Arrogance Support, Less Duration Support

2. Death Aura works good without any support gems on a white maps, just make chaos resistance 75% and use Araakali and Shakari panteon (just first fields)

3. You can use Harvest recipes for G-B colors, this recipe procs often, just saves its in a bank of harvest recipes

4. Use new buffed "almost immortal" Stone Golem for regen life and taunt bosses.

5. You can make 5-link +2 Bow for Caustic Arrow for 5c (base(ilv 64)-1c and 4c for alterations and augs), then regal it and craft damage overtime mod on bench

6. If you need currency - it's stupid easy, just go to the Heist, you can buy contracts inside, from vendor on the left.

7.Be happy and says thanks for Creator of this build!

Last edited by IceSword on Oct 25, 2021, 6:26:26 AM
"
NullifyZel wrote:
Today i open location with prophecy The Plaguemaw V, kill Plaguemaw and can't find recipe cannot roll attack modifier, how i can find this recipe?

I think they changed it this league, it should be in Caer Blaidd unique map, Wolfpack's Den, you can go to poedb crafting bench section and check there!
"
Gueschma wrote:
Hey there.

One question though: I'm not sure why you elected to use Lifetap on the chest instead of "Less duration"?
From a profane eyes like mine, it seems as if Less duration provides consistent same power while life tap is more circunstancial (i.e. for 4s after you hit your Enduring cry).

I can pitch in here. I looked at another guide and they actually have a lv1 Lifetap Support on Withering Step instead of Enduring Cry, which makes a lot more sense to me. Lifetap itself goes up to around 7 seconds for me (prob some skill effect duration), and if you get a divergent lifetap you'll get +2 seconds flat.

Withering Step is cancelled by attacks/casting so if you just use caustic arrow before it expires to start the cd early before the Lifetap buff is down, you can essentially have 100% uptime.

As for the less duration support, the quality doesn't give us damage unlike lifetap support. I'm guessing that is why.

"
Gueschma wrote:
Hey there.

You NEED Lifetap for the Duration tag. Otherwise Swift affliction and Less duration would not work.
The only option to replace it is Arcane surge which gives us absolutely nothing.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
IceSword wrote:
Small Life Hacks:

1. If you can't make right colors on the start of league, you can use red gems: Arrogance Support, Less Duration Support

2. Death Aura works good without any support gems on a white maps, just make chaos resistance 75% and use Araakali and Shakari panteon (just first fields)

3. You can use Harvest recipes for G-B colors, this recipe procs often, just saves its in a bank of harvest recipes

4. Use new buffed "almost immortal" Stone Golem for regen life and taunt bosses.

5. You can make 5-link +2 Bow for Caustic Arrow for 5c (base(ilv 64)-1c and 4c for alterations and augs), then regal it and craft damage overtime mod on bench

6. If you need currency - it's stupid easy, just go to the Heist, you can buy contracts inside, from vendor on the left.

7.Be happy and says thanks for Creator of this build!

Do you mind explaining how to craft that bow in more detail? As in, which bench crafts to use and stuff. And would it work in a 6-link?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info