Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

for this clarity and explanation i love GGG - no other company would give you this much insight on their thoughts and plans!
I can't believe people are even complaining about this. Cyberpunk is going to take huge revenue away from GGG if they release close together. Understand? You know businesses need money to make games, especially WHEN THEY ARE FREE TO PLAY.

Get off your high horses and use some common fn sense.
"
LtManTits wrote:
"I understand that if you don't plan to play Cyberpunk, you may feel that it's an overreaction for us to want to move out of its way. I am deeply sorry about the inconvenience and disappointment. But the commercial reality is that if we kept our original release date, we would be fucked. "

I laughed very hard.
As an avid players (Like 1500 hours in Delirium and Harvest) I fully intended to take Cyberpunk as an excuse to take a break, reset, and enjoy some different content. This is wonderful for me, I can reset, AND still hit the 3.13 league.

I fkin love you guys, never stop!

I second this and many other comments from reasonable individuals.

If people can't understand the reasoning for this, which is fairly clearly explained, then they're not worth convincing since that'd probably just fall on deaf ears.

I'd have done the same thing without a second thought in your shoes. Granted I'm interested in how you're exactly going to handle the now (possibly) smaller gap between 3.13 and 3.14 if you intend to keep similar scheduling to previous years.

Best wishes and happy holidays to everyone at GGG from a long time fan.
Last edited by Nickolai20599 on Oct 29, 2020, 8:50:35 PM
I honestly think this is the only reasonable choice. Even if Cyberpunk 2077 is massively overhyped, and flops, the first weekend will be massive. People will want to play or watch the game. Competing with that is suicide. Cyberpunk 2077 is and has been the most hyped launch in a long, long time. I have no intent whatsoever in playing Cyberpunk 2077, but I will almost certainly still watch my friends play it.
Thank you for doing this guys!
I'm always excited for what you guys come up with for every new league, and that is always my priority number one when it comes to deciding what I will be playing on my spare time. But I was also waiting for Cyberpunk to come out since it was first announced, having to juggle between POE and Cyberpunk in December of all mounts would've been rough.

I hope CPDR respects it and will not delay Cyberpunk again, and if not, they would at least delay it enough to not clash with your new league start dates.

My bad, I guess people already got "over" and everything is fine and well. The community is very happy!
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
GGG is my favorite and this is why. The game has grown on a massive scale and still the founder communicates directly with the community. I probably would have made the same decision, especially considering what a disaster Heist was at first due to a rushed release.

Looking forward to 3.13 whenever it's ready!
Competing with Cyberpunk and with the new release date of Shadowlands on 24th Nov, it would mean the death of the league tbh.
wait does that mean we have to suffer even longer with this terrible leauge? ResidentSleeper
<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info