Our Reasoning Behind the 3.13 Launch Delay

Give us a legacy flashback dad <3
"
We have designed our entire business model around this, by doing our content releases at league launch, our marketing at league launch, releasing our mystery boxes, supporter packs and new microtransactions at league launch, etc. It's incredibly critical that league launches go as well as possible.
1/ Putting all eggs in the very same basket isn't wise choice.

2/ There are tons of FEATURES your can microtransact too, MTXs just suck the hell. What other Quality Of Life feature can we purchase in POE except stashes ??? But you (Chris) would have to listen to average players requests (there are plenty already posted and buried -if not censored- ) on the thing you call "a forum" ...
Last edited by Atlantis_arch on Nov 1, 2020, 4:58:03 AM
Welcome to new reality where people finally realize that playing ANY game is better than playing PoE! Delayed Expansions will push them away until they forget what PoE was. The work required to come back is not worth the effort. Reading about new changes, patches AND nerfs is simply too much for a "game" like this.
Last edited by DumbHelipilot on Nov 1, 2020, 5:11:12 AM
"
DixuMixu wrote:
more damage control...
sigh

was the f-bomb profanity necessary in an offical post, though?

all in all this whole fiasco stinks of chris not having trust or confidence in this game... you just keep advertising cyberfunk as if you want poe players to go play that game instead

LOL, a gory, dark and grim game like PoE, and you are worried about the "f word" lol
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:
"
We have designed our entire business model around this, by doing our content releases at league launch, our marketing at league launch, releasing our mystery boxes, supporter packs and new microtransactions at league launch, etc. It's incredibly critical that league launches go as well as possible.
1/ Putting all eggs in the very same basket isn't wise choice.

2/ There are tons of FEATURES your can microtransact too, MTXs just suck the hell. What other Quality Of Life feature can we purchase in POE except stashes ??? But you (Chris) would have to listen to average players requests (there are plenty already posted and buried -if not censored- ) on the thing you call "a forum" ...

Im sure they are listening to you give them business tips lol.
Will things finally change for the better? All in on doubt.
I for one would prefer you to allways take one more month in your release schedule, not only for leagues reception's sake but for the game as a whole.

For those wondering if 'fucked' was appropriate; Yes it was.
A build that only has might is not mighty.
ADAPT OR RIP!
Hello Chris,

Thanks for a good e-mail that explains logically why there is a delay.

1. I'm sure that you guys have numerous discussions about how to proceed and since core business model of having a major release every 3 months is proven, it was not an easy decision.

All said and done, since this release model is a core the business rotates around, then development model needs to adapt.

I bet it was always difficult to recruit for a New Zealand location and it's probably almost impossible now due to coronavirus.

Considering that there are several production lines open (PoE 1 - at least two dev pods, PoE 2, consoles, release team) and that PoE league probably takes 6-9 months to develop, I doubt that existing development constraints can be solved locally.

What might work is to outsource development of PoE 1 by either forming a new studio in Australia or Far East (China, Korea) or entering into close relationship with an existing studio in that area.

It will not only improve development of PoE but also allow for overdue transfer of Auckland staff from PoE 1 to PoE 2.

For the above solution to work, a creative and development control over PoE 1 must stay with core senior management team at Auckland.

2. PoE IAP model needs updating. Cosmetics are prohibitively expensive, tabs are probably still main source of money, dependency on actual league start date is too big.

There are many other solutions coming from mobile and PC worlds, they just need a good, deep re-think to adapt to PoE values.

3. Last but not least - whatever message you will post these days, it will be met by vitriol. This is a direct result of breaking trust between GGG and the core, most devoted group of end-users by releasing Heist in a state it was released.

It must be also quite disheartening for dev team that worked on the expansion. For example character design, dialogue writing and voice-overs of Heist are top class but it's rarely even mentioned due to fundamental issues of the league.

Trust is a specific currency. It takes ages to accumulate and can be spent in a matter of weeks.

Whatever you do over next few months, make sure that the next league is stable at release.

Good luck :).
Im definitely disappointed but Im gonna trust Chris and his staff here...if they feel post-poning 3.13 best for the over all health of GGG and the POE franchise then I get it. It will be interesting to see how the release goes compared to previous DECEMBER releases.

If youre looking for suggestions I say poll the community. I would love to see a return of poe Royal...if there was ever a time its now.

Thank you the detailed and long response...love and respect you all!
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
It's fine, just give us PoE Battle Royale once again and reward top 5 with random cheap MTX... that should be enough to keep us occupied and doesn't require large amounts of dedicated time so people might still play between breaks from Cyberpunk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info