Interacting with fellow players

Personally I have global chat turned off because it interlaces with all other chat channels making it impossible to read the higher priority messages I care about from party, whisper, local and even system messages.

As far as parties go I only group with people I know because of the loot system, the game isn't currently difficult enough to require parties and I don't see the benefit under a FFA loot system, plus it's only a matter of time until someone reinvents pick-it for PoE at which point you'll actively be punished for being the guy who doesn't cheat. Many people probably feel the same way about it hence the lack of interest in forming random parties.

Honestly the chat system isn't the best either, if they had better channel management and added a looking for group channel it would benefit people who want to group up.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
I find playing with other people annoying. I love talking to them, but I'd rather they not be on my screen unless I'm fighting or trading with them. Party members mess with my killing flow, they slow me down, they complexify loot, and they make it so I can't randomly afk whenever the hell I want to.

But to each their own, I suppose.
This is exactly how I feel.

"
MM209 wrote:
As far as parties go I only group with people I know because of the loot system, the game isn't currently difficult enough to require parties and I don't see the benefit under a FFA loot system

Honestly the chat system isn't the best either, if they had better channel management and added a looking for group channel it would benefit people who want to group up.
This is how A LOT of other people feel and probably the main reasons why you don't see too many parties.
Unfortunately, the other players aren't to blame. The current game mechanics discourage PUGs (Pick Up Groups).

As long as FFA is the only group loot mechanic, solo play will always be more enjoyable than PUG.

" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Once you get past Normal alot more people group, given harder difficulties etc.

Ruthless tons of people group, likewise with merciless.
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
"
Bordam wrote:
Global chat in softcore will shatter your soul. I suggest leaving it off.
It's actually fine once you leave normal difficulty

I agree SpudofDoom. I was so relieved to get into Cruel difficulty and find that the constant teenage rage about D3 vs. PoE was gone. That was really getting on my nerves.
"Thinking outside the box might be facilitated by having a somewhat less intact box." -- Fredrik Ullén
Whats the point of an online mmorpg if you are going to divide everything in instances etc? This is like the same as Diablo 2/3 as in you choose a room and enter to play in that specific room only.
Closed Beta Member.
Holy shit if this game was not instanced it would be horror. Anyways party system will come in time (why does no one use the search function or read the manifesto?) Really right now getting a group in global is not that hard. But then again I only play hardcore league.
"
ogorhan wrote:
Whats the point of an online mmorpg if you are going to divide everything in instances etc? This is like the same as Diablo 2/3 as in you choose a room and enter to play in that specific room only.

Yeah, I don't understand the instances at all. This game is a single player game I have to be online to play.

I'm pretty much done with this game now. I've made like 20 characters trying all the skills and none of them are fun. No cooldowns on the skills really kills any type of strategy or skill.

I really wanted to like this game. I do like the passive tree though.
"
Rowsol wrote:
"
ogorhan wrote:

Yeah, I don't understand the instances at all. This game is a single player game I have to be online to play.

I'm pretty much done with this game now. I've made like 20 characters trying all the skills and none of them are fun. No cooldowns on the skills really kills any type of strategy or skill.

I really wanted to like this game. I do like the passive tree though.

No offense, but it shows you joined the 21st. You have made 20 characters and tried all of the skills/mod combinations in 7 days? Impressive, or maybe you have multiple accounts?

Anyways, the main reason the game is online only is to allow the developers complete control of the game experience. You can't mod it in anyway, unlike TL where the developers encourage such actions by the player base.

*edit*
In another thread, on the 27th, you said you had been playing for a whole 2 days...

"Ever hear of it? I've been playing this game a whole 2 days and asked many times in local chat (not really sure how far that extends, I'm guessing the towns?) about forming a group and have never gotten a response.

Grinding by yourself is BORING. Why is everyone content is playing alone? The best thing about this game is that it's online yet no one gives 2 shits about other people."

To answer your question about the chat channels, global can be heard by everyone in your level of difficulty, it isn't secluded to just the towns.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Apr 28, 2012, 5:21:42 PM
There is no motive to group in this game because of the looting flaw in this game, it was mistakenly made to cater solo player and it'll be a long journey of depressing "kill C and go to Z" if there was other guy with you ;)

jk
A big thank you to Gari11 for the beta key! <3 on 4/13/2012

My video review and build if anyone interestd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbgrcYkpPdw

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info