Interacting with fellow players

Ever hear of it? I've been playing this game a whole 2 days and asked many times in local chat (not really sure how far that extends, I'm guessing the towns?) about forming a group and have never gotten a response.

Grinding by yourself is BORING. Why is everyone content is playing alone? The best thing about this game is that it's online yet no one gives 2 shits about other people.
Last edited by Rowsol on Apr 27, 2012, 11:55:20 PM
"
Rowsol wrote:
Ever hear of it? I've been playing this game a whole 2 days and asked many times in local chat (not really sure how far that extends, I'm guessing the towns?) about forming a group and have never gotten a response.

Grinding by yourself is BORING. Why is everyone content is playing alone? The best thing about this game is that it's online yet no one gives 2 shits about other people.
I'm not allowed to kill people atm, as such their presence depresses me.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
"
Rowsol wrote:

Your account doesn't say you have beta access...But there is going to be added functionality soon from what it says in the beta manifesto. Remember a lot of folks ignore the chat, so it's nothing personal...
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Oh, right, I have 2 accounts. One I won. woot.
I find playing with other people annoying. I love talking to them, but I'd rather they not be on my screen unless I'm fighting or trading with them. Party members mess with my killing flow, they slow me down, they complexify loot, and they make it so I can't randomly afk whenever the hell I want to.

But to each their own, I suppose.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Apr 28, 2012, 3:07:46 AM
You should try global chat, local chat is only for the 1 map you are in.
"
Metronomy wrote:

Global chat in softcore will shatter your soul. I suggest leaving it off.
"
Bordam wrote:
"
Metronomy wrote:

Global chat in softcore will shatter your soul. I suggest leaving it off.

It's actually fine once you leave normal difficulty.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
one thing to be noticed is: when I'm out (of town) in an instance, then I have to take care of my chars live and not many time to read the chat or even to give some response... and most players will be playing when in game and not waiting for grouping up...

I think, this can just change to better once there is an upgraded party announcement feature in the game, where you can offer places at your side.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I keep the chat off as I find the chat too distracting. However if you have a beta key, chances are high that you'll eventually get a friend key which you can then give to someone you know will play with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info