Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.20] KissMeQuick's Slayer Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & Mad Strong in Sanctum — Starter

Hi all,

so I followed the advice and went for Aul's first. Some time has gone and I managed to get a somewhat decent build (I do not have high standards :D).

My question is: what should my next steps be?
I know that my chaos res is way to low, but I struggle to get it up without sacrificing other defenses or offense.

Does anyone have any hint for me on what to buy next? Would be much appreciated!

I like the build to far and am starting to get a hang of it, but I need to push it way further to cope with endgame bosses imo.

Thanks guys :)
"
mp3oo wrote:
Hi all,

so I followed the advice and went for Aul's first. Some time has gone and I managed to get a somewhat decent build (I do not have high standards :D).

My question is: what should my next steps be?
I know that my chaos res is way to low, but I struggle to get it up without sacrificing other defenses or offense.

Does anyone have any hint for me on what to buy next? Would be much appreciated!

I like the build to far and am starting to get a hang of it, but I need to push it way further to cope with endgame bosses imo.

Thanks guys :)

You need to get a Paradoxica. Can get a good 1 for 1.5ex now. For what i am using you pay around 3ex. Blind or impale is up to you, be interesting what others think on that?
"
Hi thanks for checking the build!

Paradoxica is something i am looking for, but my searches showed much higher prices :D May I ask what you filter for?

The build still feels kinda squishy in like t16, thats why I thought to go for defense first

/e: attack speed plus blind is at 20 ex if I'm not mistaken, just had a look at your build. I#m currently looking for a 3-5exish upgrade

nvmd, just bought one :D
Last edited by mp3oo on Dec 2, 2021, 5:50:19 PM
I simulated this build in STD, with legacy items. The whole base was kept, but with very strong items like Abyssus 224% Crit multi, Lions 35%, explode chest, Foil 900+pdps and everything else with harvest items.

As I suspected, it turns out to be very "good", but....Compared to elemental "melee" builds or any other bow builds, it is at a disadvantage.

I got about 30Mi dps in POB, without totems, in sand stance and with pride in normal effect. But it looks like I only have 10Mi.

I don't know if this is due to impale mechanics that need an insane amount of AS, or if reave is just a bad skill. But I also have an unsatisfactory experience with Perforate and Lacerate

It's disappointing, but I think pure physical impale builds (except cyclone shockwave or some "pseudo" melee that uses projectiles) are in a very bad place, and the difference between them and an elemental build is unfair.

I hope that GGG will give something more to pure physical builds, or some other multiplier besides impale, as what we have now is not satisfactory.
Last edited by kenbak on Dec 2, 2021, 7:34:07 PM
"
mp3oo wrote:
"
Hi thanks for checking the build!

Paradoxica is something i am looking for, but my searches showed much higher prices :D May I ask what you filter for?

The build still feels kinda squishy in like t16, thats why I thought to go for defense first

/e: attack speed plus blind is at 20 ex if I'm not mistaken, just had a look at your build. I#m currently looking for a 3-5exish upgrade

nvmd, just bought one :D

Sorry about that 10 mins after i posted i got given my current weapon which really didn't give me a hell of a lot more damage than my previous weapon which is similar to yours.
So I read here about cyclone, and I changed my setup: reave - rage - multistrike => cyclone + infused chanelling. Thats all I done, and Jez, Cyclone FEELS MUCH MORE SMOTHER! I never played before with cyclone and that reave build was just my third, but I'm in love. I was struggled with reave, even doing juiced t16 (and I only didn't have aul's uprsing yet, so I'm not using purity of elements), but I was dying a lot, and now with cyclone I feel like I can do much more deadless! Reave wasn't good for scourge either, and with cyclone I can EASILY reach high numbers on there (up to 300). I liked a lot that reave build, but I can't change for it anymore. Thanks for the guide anyways, was my base for what I'm using now, but I feel cyclone it's better, I think.
"
Dedellx wrote:
So I read here about cyclone, and I changed my setup: reave - rage - multistrike => cyclone + infused chanelling. Thats all I done, and Jez, Cyclone FEELS MUCH MORE SMOTHER! I never played before with cyclone and that reave build was just my third, but I'm in love. I was struggled with reave, even doing juiced t16 (and I only didn't have aul's uprsing yet, so I'm not using purity of elements), but I was dying a lot, and now with cyclone I feel like I can do much more deadless! Reave wasn't good for scourge either, and with cyclone I can EASILY reach high numbers on there (up to 300). I liked a lot that reave build, but I can't change for it anymore. Thanks for the guide anyways, was my base for what I'm using now, but I feel cyclone it's better, I think.

I just tried this. Purchased a Cyclone 20/20 and Infused 20/20.
Slotted them into my body slot and removed Multistrike.

NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.

I think it feels extremely sluggish. The movement speed is dismal. You're spending time reacting to attacks rather than being proactive like you are with Reave (hit, hit, leap, hit, hit, leap, etc), and that makes you a target for large hits. I don't think this build has the defense layers to survive in Cyclone. I do however need to spend more time trying to change my playstyle to suit Cyclone over Reave.

I'd say at minimum you'd need to remove a flask to get a Quicksilver in and maybe swap out leap for something else because Cyclone feels like it's winding up too slow compared to how quick Reave is.

I'm just amateur but definitely feels awful to me :(
Also what are our thoughts on Rage vs Pulverise?
I've got Pulverise in at the moment but am curious on Rage damage.
POB shows a drop in damage but I'm unsure if that takes Paradoxica into account.
Guys one question, do you also die some times on one boss hit in 14-16 maps ?
I have 12k armor and 5,6k hp and some bosses just kill me on one hit :(
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:

I just tried this. Purchased a Cyclone 20/20 and Infused 20/20.
Slotted them into my body slot and removed Multistrike.

NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.

I think it feels extremely sluggish. The movement speed is dismal. You're spending time reacting to attacks rather than being proactive like you are with Reave (hit, hit, leap, hit, hit, leap, etc), and that makes you a target for large hits. I don't think this build has the defense layers to survive in Cyclone. I do however need to spend more time trying to change my playstyle to suit Cyclone over Reave.

I'd say at minimum you'd need to remove a flask to get a Quicksilver in and maybe swap out leap for something else because Cyclone feels like it's winding up too slow compared to how quick Reave is.

I'm just amateur but definitely feels awful to me :(

LOL
Maybe is slower to map, but the thing with cyclone is: I just press one button and nothing else matter, when I'm just attacking while moving! With reave I had to press a lot of buttons, stop a lot of times to attack, and die for nothing. And I play on controller, so was really annoying press a lot of button combination to use secondary skills or even flasks. With cyclone I just press my attack button and go until the boss. And for bossing eventually I use totens + Vaal double strike, but at most of time even that is not necessary as I just don't die when cycloning. For me is better in every way, and even faster coz I lost a lot of time dying and stopping to attack with reave.
But for that is important to have Unwavering stance (stun imune) and drop the timeless jewel!!!
Last edited by Dedellx on Dec 4, 2021, 3:57:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info