[3.16] Blazing Salvo Fireball Inquisitor (self cast) - play with fire!

"
razoull wrote:
Hi Moethelion ! First thank you for your build.

The balance manifesto says that "Immortal Ambition Keystone's ‘Life Leech effects Recover Energy Shield instead while on Full Life' stat is now limited by ‘Maximum total Energy Shield Recovery from Leech' instead of by ‘Maximum total Life Recovery from Leech'.".

Will this affect the build or the notable Pious Path will apply before so that our ‘Maximum total Life Recovery from Leech' will still work with Immortal Ambition ?

From my understanding it will change a bit, so that we get a little bit less energy shield leech. But keep in mind, this is only a change to LEECH, not the regular recovery itself, so it will be not very impactful. It might even be an effective DPS buff, since we do have some potential damage while leeching sources.

I will keep a close eye on patchnotes and update the guide as soon as I tested it in the league. It is not unlikely that the build will change to either a petrified blood (low life) or a lifetap (spells cost life support) version.
Last edited by Moethelion on Apr 13, 2021, 2:43:51 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:
I will keep a close eye on patchnotes and update the guide as soon as I tested it in the league. It is not unlikely that the build will change to either a petrified blood (low life) or a lifetap (spells cost life support) version.

Thank you sir! Considering this one as an option for 3.14 start. I'm coming from ED+Contagion (tanky version), so I think the clear speed might be a bit lower here, but single target will definitely be higher. Not sure about tankiness yet.

Are you very experienced at Maven? In your vid you made it look so easy...
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Moethelion wrote:

Thank you sir! Considering this one as an option for 3.14 start. I'm coming from ED+Contagion (tanky version), so I think the clear speed might be a bit lower here, but single target will definitely be higher. Not sure about tankiness yet.

Are you very experienced at Maven? In your vid you made it look so easy...

Vaal Fireball could look absolutely nutty now with the vaal changes, so that could be a potential boost to clearspeed, although it really is pretty good already, that's why I implemented fireball afterall.

That was literally my second Maven kill in the video, I failed pretty much every mechanic except the memory game, and the build still lived. Did 50 Mavens as of now, build is really good for literally every content imo.
how would you go about crafting the weapon, after harvest nerfs? and also, if you were to only prioritize 2 supports on the gloves which would you go for ? thanks
"
how would you go about crafting the weapon, after harvest nerfs? and also, if you were to only prioritize 2 supports on the gloves which would you go for ? thanks

Good weapons for this build are very common and cheap, I wouldn’t even bother to craft one. That being said, the trigger bench craft might change to 8 second cooldown, according to some video footage. So this is going to be interesting, but still I think a good weapon will be very easy to get. Just need a good live search. Maybe Aisling research T4 will give us a veiled mod slam, so we just need a decent weapon with a free suffix and slam the weapon for the 4 second CD (assuming the bench craft really got changed).

For the gloves, I would definitely go with faster casting and blind. Both grant huge benefits to blazing salvo as well, and are super strong defensively and for clear speed (faster casting). Slower projectiles is basically only needed for content where you dont one shot enemies otherwise, like delirium.
Last edited by Moethelion on Apr 13, 2021, 7:48:19 AM
"
Moethelion wrote:
"
razoull wrote:
Hi Moethelion ! First thank you for your build.

The balance manifesto says that "Immortal Ambition Keystone's ‘Life Leech effects Recover Energy Shield instead while on Full Life' stat is now limited by ‘Maximum total Energy Shield Recovery from Leech' instead of by ‘Maximum total Life Recovery from Leech'.".

Will this affect the build or the notable Pious Path will apply before so that our ‘Maximum total Life Recovery from Leech' will still work with Immortal Ambition ?

From my understanding it will change a bit, so that we get a little bit less energy shield leech. But keep in mind, this is only a change to LEECH, not the regular recovery itself, so it will be not very impactful. It might even be an effective DPS buff, since we do have some potential damage while leeching sources.

Have you seen this video about petrified blood https://youtu.be/RM03E1J3K30 ? It looks very promising.

Looking forward to your 3.14 update ! Keep the good work man.
Petrified blood does look promising. Although it might interact negatively with the life on block shield mod, because that is 5% of our life, which would only be half value, and also for our stun threshold. If it doesn’t scale over 50% it will probably not be worth it. It does reserve mana which means we would lose Anger in any case. If anything it will be a defensive buff, not an offensive one.
Last edited by Moethelion on Apr 13, 2021, 8:29:05 AM
Your max health doesn't change with Petrified Blood (or reserved Life for that matter, seeing how existing Low Life builds work), so the heal on block would still be for the same value. Granted, anything that would put you over the 50% threshold would be lost, but that's kinda the whole point.

Similarly you could use the aura half of the split Blood Magic gem to swap the reservation of Petrified Blood (or any other aura for that matter) to Life and you wouldn't really see any impact.
Cant wait for the update. Was thinking about DD starter but dont wanna make another necro this time and I always wanted to try some fireball builds (I know its only for clear but still) so Im going to start with this build.
Hello there. Thank you for this build. That's gonna be mine league starter aswell. I always try to stick to one build per league and I love it that yours has a big min-max upgrade potential :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info