[3.12] Aura stacking Guardian on a budget

"
rafaelbpc wrote:
"
Snellious wrote:
hey askaal, i looked at your POB, you know you don't need the purities in your helmet to get 90 resistance when you have 275%+ aura effect? (they only need to be level 20, not 23)

you may get some more dps if you shuffle your auras around. and get the +2 on useful auras.

malevolence, smite and grace are the only real options.

Just for curiosity what`s the benefit of having malevolence in this build?

Malevolence extend duration of your Vaal skills as well as allow your EK projectiles travel further therefore giving you better coverage
"
rafaelbpc wrote:
"
Snellious wrote:
hey askaal, i looked at your POB, you know you don't need the purities in your helmet to get 90 resistance when you have 275%+ aura effect? (they only need to be level 20, not 23)

you may get some more dps if you shuffle your auras around. and get the +2 on useful auras.

Just for curiosity what`s the benefit of having malevolence in this build?

not sure, i haven't theory crafted ek as much as arc but turning it off in the OP's build drops his dps
"
Snellious wrote:

Yeah, there is another issue with my latest POB, I'm running to many Heralds

I've spotted both of this issues when I've posted my POB, but after HH grind I took a brake, didn't really want to update the build anymore

Yesterday I've finally get into the game, managed to fit Malevolence, so 1 issue is solved

Now I just need to swap Purity of Fire and Ice with Smite and Precision respectively, little bit more Crit and damage

I'll update POB once I'm back home
In term of survivability, grace is more reliable than determination? Can you look up my gear and how do I improve my single target. I'm using arc.

https://pastebin.com/274aNGs5
"
velaxi1 wrote:
In term of survivability, grace is more reliable than determination? Can you look up my gear and how do I improve my single target. I'm using arc.

https://pastebin.com/274aNGs5

I personally don't like armor as a defense in this game, because of when you really need it - it will fail you (unless you do some shenanigans like armor stacking Transcendence, with 2Mil armor)

Let's say you want to facetank boss LVL 84 basic attack, it is physical
and it has 2500 nominal damage
To mitigate half of this damage - you need to have 25K armor
With normal Determination you'll have about 15K I think, so you'll mitigate only 3rd of that damage
So if boss was supposed to hit you 3 times, 7.5K total damage, it will hit you ~5.1K damage total
In the same situation having grace:
Boss most likely will miss 1 or 2 hits out of 3, and the last one will hit you about 2.1K since you still have 5K armor purely from your ascendancy (free)

Of course it is theory-craft, but I value grace more in this case
If you have had Divergent Determination on top of Grace - it would have been lot more reliable defense, but still I would not rush to obtain that one

You have quite decent gear, but I don't understand a few things from your POB

1. Your determination, I assume you are unable to use it (according to POB you don't have enough strength) am I right?
2. You re using Enlighten, and according to your paste you don't need it at all, replace it with Vaal Righteous fire and use both vaal and non vaal
3. Vaal haste is very nice damage boost
4. Your Arc, it's kinda meh, get lvl 21 at least, but better Vaal arc lvl 21
5. Replace your Wise Oak with Atziri Flask
6. Frostbite corrupt on your ring is very decent, even though it might be clunky to self cast that curse
7. Not sure if it is POB issue or I don't get something, but it shows that you have 221 unreserved mana, you should aim to have ~100 or less with your main skill mana cost
8. High level Arcane Surge on your main link is better then Controlled destruction, especially on single target

If you do those changes - you should get around 20Mil on your Arc 30Mil on your Vaal Arc
Btw as far as I understand, you are 3% away from 300% AE, so if you replace your dash+second wind for Flame Dash + Herald of Ash - you'll have a lot of benefits, namely:
1. Crossing 300% AE will give you 1% more phys damage reduction per aura from your Ascendancy
2. You fully utilize your Purposeful Harbingers (you are getting 32% out of 40% possible)
3. Minor increase to other auras
Last edited by askaal on Nov 2, 2020, 8:57:48 AM
Wow. Thanks for the advice. Just realise I was missing a AE jewel. My only problem is to replace one of my RMR cluster jewel because not enough mana reserved. But maybe I need to lvl up more and bought the cheap RMR jewel.
Updated my character POB with the latest changes
So I make a transition from arc to EK. When I compared your pob, I only doing like 5m dps at max setup. I wonder how you has 15m dps.

My POB https://pastebin.com/FCZiFsYs
"
velaxi1 wrote:
So I make a transition from arc to EK. When I compared your pob, I only doing like 5m dps at max setup. I wonder how you has 15m dps.

My POB https://pastebin.com/FCZiFsYs

If you compare your POB to mine you are missing:
1. Vaal Haste
2. Vaal Righteous fire
3. Your EK is LVL 20 vs LVL 21 I have
4. Bottled Faith

If you add these - your POB shows 18Mil

A couple of better jewels could boost it even higher if you want)
Last edited by askaal on Nov 4, 2020, 1:56:13 PM
Prism Guardian with Discipline corruption .... very budget :/

And why is RF activated in POB.. yes more deeps but can you sustain the degen?
Last edited by BenDurane on Nov 5, 2020, 8:26:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info