Real Money Auction House RMAH for poe

"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
Easy Solution:

If u want a RMAH -> Play Diablo 3
If u don´t want a RMAH -> Play PoE

RMAH would be the worse that could happen to PoE

I'm not sure that I want a RMAH.

But that's a completely ridiculous answer, followed by a completely baseless statement.

How? Why? Don't just say whatever shit comes to mind - Parrots can do that. Humans stand apart because we can reason out our thoughts and feelings and justifications.

Edit: And I'll be playing both, unless the elitist bullcrap from the community (either one, I suppose) drives me off. Or I start playing one or the other and decide that as good as it looked, it really sucks.
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
Last edited by AgentDave on Apr 26, 2012, 2:54:36 PM
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:

RMAH would be the worse that could happen to PoE

Care to elaborate?
That's not a ridiculous answer at all.

D3 was built with RMAH in mind, PoE isn't.
If that feature is relevant to someone that's sound advice.
"
AgentDave wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Difference is you have a group that plays the game. To be able to get the item, you need to be in that group or have frends from game and so on. But to buy item you dont need anything from that, you need only money.

That's completely arbitrary, and therefore an unacceptable argument, unless you care to provide an actual answer:

How is money "less fair" than having more time, or more friends, or more luck, or more connections, or more expertise, or more skill?

It's also untrue - you don't NEED more friends, those were simply examples. You could as easily trade for the time (without using money.) for *the exact same advantage* from some random stranger.

If person A acquires an item, without hacking the server, how does it matter how they came to acquire it?

You cant trade with a person that has a item, becouse to trade, you would need to play the game and have items to trade. If you have money, you dont need to serch for items and invest a lot of time as a person that doesnt have money.
"
oblomir wrote:

It is ridiculous because they are completely different games.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
oblomir wrote:

We don't not make suggestions (especially in a game with multiple forums encouraging feedback) just because "that's not how it (already) is". Which would be silly, because there's not point in a "suggestion" of "It's great the way it is, don't change anything!".

Not to mention, "It's good, because it's the status quo!" is a logical fallacy, although I don't recall which one.

So, yes, it's a completely ridiculous answer, on multiple levels.

and again, for the, what, 4th time, how is a RMAH different from trading items? PoE is built around the concept that people can drop items, and other people can pick them up, and the Devs have confirmed that a more secure and definited trade system is in the works. PoE is as "built" with the possibly of trade, which is indistinguishable from a RMAH in game terms.
itsalljustagame.wordpress.com - my blog about all things gaming - Current project - "Communal effort" - Game design by popular vote!
"
Tagek wrote:

And your point is they should be more alike and have the same features?

Now that's a ridiculous point...
"
oblomir wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:

And your point is they should be more alike and have the same features?

Now that's a ridiculous point...

What are you on about? That has nothing to with my point whatsoever.
My point was you can't base your decision of which game you buy solely on the fact that one has an auction house and the other one doesn't.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 3:13:20 PM
Double

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 3:11:26 PM
"
miljan wrote:
You cant trade with a person that has a item, becouse to trade, you would need to play the game and have items to trade. If you have money, you dont need to serch for items and invest a lot of time as a person that doesnt have money.

Wrong again.

You can trade time ("I'll run you through Merciless FooBar for an Orb of Chaos, or that nice sword!"), OR items, OR things from outside the game ("I'll give you my sandwich for that nice sword. Or an Orb of Chaos."), OR absolutely nothing ("Free gear, next to the stash in town, first come first served!"), OR a promise of future payback ("I could really use that nice sword. I'll give you the next 2 rares that drop if you let me have it.") OR a million other possibilities.

Again, what makes money different/less fair than those million other possbilities?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info