Real Money Auction House RMAH for poe

there should be a rmah for poe. ggg should implement a rmah in this game.

1) this will keep the illegitimate resource farmers away (or reduce the numbers or whatever).

2) players can have proper channel to trade items with one another with real $$$

3) ggg can profit from the rmah with listing fees and %percent commission of every item transaction

definitely there will be people out there who are opposed to the idea of rmah. but please take note that resource farmers are going to be here to stay no matter what happens.

every online game that is successful and has a sizable player base will definitely spawn a community of resource farmers. this is the unintended side effects of producing a "successful" game. if a game has no farmers, that means it has failed.

the current barter system with scrolls and orbs will not deter farmers. it is not possible. the wages of third world countries r so low that it is profitable to employ workers to farm non-stop 24/7 all the orbs and scrolls and items in this game. in an article somewhere out there, it is stated that even in prisons, prisoners r used (or forced) to do farming.

the only way to keep them out or to bring down the numbers is to introduce rmah. it is the only way. ggg, pls implement rmah for ur own good.

=========================================================

no. i do not agree rmah should be put in the off-topic forum. this idea is very real and a viable implementation to be developed in poe.

the world is changing all the time and everybody needs to move together with the times. blizzard set a new standard and up the ante with creating D1 and that is a huge achievement. now with D3, blizzard is introducing rmah and again it is setting a new standard which i believe will be followed by more and more online games.

there is absolutely no point in living in the past. in the past there is no internet, no online game, no mmorpg, no nothing, etc, etc. things are changing all the time. new games and features are being developed with every passing year. players and developers need to move on for the better, for new and better features and development. rmah is the way to go.

farmers are here to stay no matter what. implementing bartering system like scrolls and orbs does not keep farmers out. building a sandbox rmah system to bring the situation under control is the most innovative and thoughtful thing that blizzard has come up with.

it is simply stupid and ridiculous for a game developer to create huge successful game which spawn a thriving cottage industry of resource farmers and then let the %percent $$$ commission of item transactions flow to outside entities. might as well implement a rmah and channel the $$$ back into the pockets of game developers. rmah is the way to go.

Implementing both

1) rmah and
2) free respecs as indicated in this post:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/25439

will make poe an instant success in the gaming world.

This two ideas together with the current passive skill tree and the active gem socket system will propel poe to become the number 1 game of 2012 this year. It is the best way for this game to go fully mainstream and become playable by gamers of all types, be it hardcore gamers or casual gamers.

Ggg will become an instant success and people will not be calling poe a Diablo 3.5…... poe will be hailed as Diablo 4.0. poe will be heralded by gaming sites such as pcgamer, computer gaming world, etc, etc as producing the most innovative game of the year and also praised for taking bold and insightful steps towards the future of arpg world. The world is evolving all the time and we need to move forwards (and not backwards) and this is definitely taking the positive step in the right direction.

As for pple saying that implementing rmah system has security issues…… this is simple to overcome…. Poe already has a credit card system for buying supporter packs for getting points. This is half the battle won. Sellers simply pay a listing fee of 10 pts (or whatever ggg wants), and list the items in the rmah for the points they want to sell. Buyers simply have to purchase supporter packs to get the points in order to purchase the listed items from the seller.

After the item transaction, the seller can either keep the pts for their own use or just redeem the pts for credits back into credit card. Ggg can simply just set the redeem rate at 10 pts = $0.8 (or whatever ggg wants) to earn the commission profit.

Ggg, what r u waiting for? You should implement this two features for your greater future and your own good. Your bright future is just around the corner and it is waiting for you. Rmah and free respecs mode is the future and it is the way to go.

the purpose of creating games is to let everybody have fun. if features can be implemented to make the game even more fun, why not???

it does the game every good to reach out to mainstream gamers... there's not point restricting the game just to hardcore fanboys who play non-stop 24/7 365 days of the year.... that's just building walls and constraining the limits of the game... this game has potential and more things need to be done to offer this to the masses...

there r plenty of pple who r behaving like extremists and fundamentalists who act as if implementing rmah and free respecs league will take away their very lives... the old ways of doing things r no longer relevant to the modern times... we need to move on with the times.

"
leeho730 wrote:
Becase you guys's biggest mistake is the assumption that circulated game points will not be removed from the economy. You assume people will not buy pets and other stuffs and that they will use points almost solely for trading items? It's like you guys saying that Steam Wallet feature will drive blak market since some people will want to get rid of money they have in the account (let's not forget the fact that Steam Wallet money can be gifted etc). The way I see it, game points are more like Steam Wallet dollars than anything else, like gold from WoW.

But at least you guys and I agree on one point: trading with points or RMAH are unethical and thus should never be implemented into PoE, since trading with points will also foster black market and gold farming.

your comment that "trading with rmah is unethical" is totally invalid and complete nonsense.

if player A has outgrown with his immortal king and wants to sell it to player B for $$$ via rmah, it is a willing buyer and willing seller scenario. nobody is pointing a gun at anybody's head and saying he/she should sell the item. both sides are willing parties and there is nothing unethical about this.

"
Grindok wrote:
After reading the dev Diary on Rethinking gold as a currency.

I not only like the idea, but can see it working very well in game.
As for and AH maybe it could be a TAH (Trade Auction House).
where you put items on that you want to trade with and have either a small bit of text or icon for the items that you would like to get in enxchange.

the bartering system will not work to deter farmers at all. because at the end game lvl, everybody is just trading items with gcps (gems cutter prism) or that other 1 or 2 more precious orbs.

when u reach to a certain lvl, your trading for items will mostly involves those few orbs.

farmers with 3rd world country wages can farm non-stop 24/7 all the gcps in the game.

"
tachi203 wrote:

You are wrong/correct with that, The purpose of creating a game involves choseing a target audience and style of gameplay. So this "everybody" you speak of doesnt exsist. Except in "plants vs Zombies" lol.

Now if we take a metaphorical version of "Everybody" as "Just the ARPG group players" It would make alittle more sence.

And I completely agree with implementing features that make the game more fun for ARPG players..."Like a Trade House/Auction House that only use's in-game currency or barter".... But the moment you throw Real Money into it... Real Life's, "In-equality" hits, its not fun at all.

And I never argued against that.

NO R.M.A.H!. JUST A A.H!.

So… if player A has outgrown his immortal king and sells it to player B for $2 via rmah…. So seeing player B walking ard ingame with his glowing immortal king makes it “unfun” for you yeah?????? Cannot be right???? Surely this cannot be such an ungracious attitude right???

"
tachi203 wrote:

People are pissed because when you say "Old Ways and New Ways".... Your just lieing... Your idea's are the same old ways that have been around for years and people have only been doing them lately because the "Ethics" of the industry are droping along with community sentiment regarding the ethics of what you "Can and cant sell".

What could be said is that "The value of older games was much higher as people wernt "as willing" to sell a games soul for a quick buck or try to use illegitimate activity as an excuse to be just like them"

------------------

This is my general opinion, to say I dont wish GGG success is rediculas coming from people who dont even support the game as much as I myself have. aka, Put your money where your mouth is if you wish the best for the game..then speak to me.

Untill then, you do only come off as half-hearted about supporting the game or improving it to make it a sustainable success for the majority to enjoy.

And I am bowing out of this now. As Ive seen the petty comments that are floating around from both sides not willing to articulate anything. Charan probably did the more mature thing(Dude is probably alittle more mature than me)

Peace.

Look here… nobody is doubting your support of ggg. I am certainly not doubting it and I think u r a great ggg supporter. The only issue I dun agree with is about bringing your pre-conceived notion of “ethics” into the game. Ethics and morality is a relative term and they are constantly evolving concepts that are shaped together with the way society evolves with every passing generation.

What is considered as “not ethical” to walk around in bikinis along the beaches or nude sun-tanning or whatever etc etc in the past may not be the same in the present. Who are we to judge whether the value of game in the past is much higher? The sentiments of the gaming community are constantly evolving and the sentiments of the past generation of gamers certainly does not equate to the sentiments of the current generation.

"
tachi203 wrote:

Mainstream gamer's are not interested in this type of game. Its not the target audience at all, this is a ARPG market game with a steep/ish learning curve for newcomer's and yes they are trying to make this alittle more friendly to new comer's but doing that at the expence of the target hard-core ARPG players expense is stupid.

And I am not saying "I dont want newbies" to enter into the game, of course I want them. I just dont want a mass reduction in effort through use of a RMAH in the game for "Specificly" "people with a bigger pocket book" in real life(It would just cheat people from having a even playing field and ruin other's sence of accomplisment within the game, new commer's and hardcore alike).

This game/genre is made entirely of wall's/restriction's/rules/conduct's. If you have better idea's and think it would be successful, just delovelop your own game.

So when you say rediculas dribble like

Eg.

"Your opinion of restricting this game to those "Who want to play regularly" is stupid, I see this game as having alot of potential and it should be "Re-Designed" the way I see it...So that people with more money and less time to play can compensate there lack of effort by ruining the game at those who are willing to spend more time and dedicated expense but dont have the money to burn"

Sounds completely un-ethical and wrong to me and doesnt seem to foster things like fair-play or competitiveness(actualy between people with deep pockets it would).

Which is funny because there are hundred's of game's that went down the RMAH scheme already aka P2W.... Theyre near dead now or just plain old fashioned dead, The community abandoned them and along with the players that abandoned them so did the MONEY.

Eg. Martial Heroes/Battleforge/Guild Wars....Those are just a few.

But a game like Diablo 2, Is still going pritty strong.
And the only thing people were annoyed about really was the developer's abandoned them. So why not refine and update the system many enjoyed and obviously still do, there has obviously been a huge demand for it and GGG are filling it.

I seriously dun see any “mass reduction in effort through use of rmah ingame” especially when there are items traded via rmah by both legitimate buyers and sellers (I am leaving out the resource farmers here). In fact I see a “mass increment of effort” when there is rmah.

Rmah is killing multiple birds with one stone. In fact it is the most innovative (theoretically speaking) approach to keeping out resource farmers. blizzard is in fact doing the most correct thing when it is implementing rmah in d3 despite the fact that there are many haters out there.

rmah achieves the following benefits:
1) create a platform to enable legitimate item transactions with $$$ between legitimate buyers and legitimate sellers.

2) resource farmers faces competition in selling items from legitimate sellers, which leads to mass deflation of $$$ price of items, which leads to reduction of profit margin in item selling, which leads to demotivation of farmers wanting to operate their business in poe, which leads to farmers shifting their operations to other online games.

3) it lets the game studio earns money from listing fees and also %commission $$$ of every item transaction.

4) new/additional channel for sellers to more easily sell loot and buyers to more easily obtain loot ---> leading to less frustration for both sellers and buyers -----> and less frustration equals more fun.

Just imagine this…… without rmah, an immortal king will (hypothetically speaking) be worth $50 on the farmer’s website. But with the implementation of rmah, the farmer will face competition from many other legitimate players, hence effectively forcing the price down to $1 (hypothetically speaking).

When the farmer realizes that profit margin is very very low, they will have no interest in operating a farming business in poe and they will shift their operations to other online games. This is exactly what an rmah is all about.

"
xxnoob wrote:
"
stkmro wrote:
rmah

Do you honestly think P2W isn't cheating and cheap?

what do u mean by P2W? what is there to win in the game? what do u want to win? what r u winning?

the purpose of gaming is to have fun, not to win.

if u want to win, then go and take part in the hardcore ladder or cut-throat league or whatever etc etc.

or better yet... u ask ggg to implement a super hardcore league where all item drops are soul-bind to the character, and all items are non-tradable, the moment the item is dropped from the character's inventory to the ground, it is destroyed and vanished into thin air.

"
zhihong0321 wrote:
The OP and many RMAH support simply cannot understand the most basic MATH here.

Basic Defination of Pay to Win:
- You gain massive advantage using Real Money - CASH

How to WIN PoE?
Basically - Your Gears, Times

What RMAH offer?
Best Gears, Orbs for Cash

How it become P2W?
You pay Cash for Best Gears in RMAH, and you Win the PoE.

Those bullshit cheater do not respect Gold/Diamond Support who paid Massive Cash to Support Building this GAME.

I M A G I N E, when RMAH applied, how they feel?
If the Gears inside the game worth money? Why dont GGG just selling it? Why collecting Donation?

Last Warning - IF YOU WANT P2W Action RPG,
GO DIABLO 3.

i see that u r basically sprouting crap and nonsense here.

1) implementing rmah and 2) gamers who pay gold/diamond support packages are totally two different matters.

a gold/diamond supporter is similar to and no different from a popstar's (eg lady gaga) fanboys who attend her concerts and purchase diamond/vip tickets for the vip seats.

buying and selling items via rmah has nothing to do with respecting/disrespecting the feelings of gold/diamond supporters.

in fact, buyers who use rmah actually have to purchase support packages to accumulate game points for item transactions.

"
tachi203 wrote:
"
stkmro wrote:

So… if player A has outgrown his immortal king and sells it to player B for $2 via rmah…. So seeing player B walking ard ingame with his glowing immortal king makes it “unfun” for you yeah?????? Cannot be right???? Surely this cannot be such an ungracious attitude right???

You are one heartless prick or you are just Tunnel Visioned aka narrow minded(I hope, that your just thick as its better than the alternative).

I didnt realise I needed to spell this out for you.

If you are to blind to understand that not everyone can afford to buy advantages in a RMAH, then you are just disconnected from reality. "Just try" put yourself in some poor kids perspective just for a moment(If that even is possible for you)...

"Your arguement is the same kind of jerkoff statement I would expect to hear from people who "walk past groups of starving homeless kids and not care one bit, self assured by nothing more than the self-delusion in the fact they have money.....and that they have/had the same opportunity's you have in life........"

Its un-ethical as hell.

You also dont seem to understand that if the Diamond Player's and Gold Players such as myself can so whimsically support GGG at the levels we have. What do you think your chances of keeping up with us are on the ladder? And its fun to compete(Maybee not to you), I dont know why you dont understand about that either(And if you dont care about competing for fun, then simply dont pay attention to it and go about enjoying the game).

Do you really think that "you" would have fun getting stomped by the weight of our pocket books?.
And
Do you think "we" would have fun stomping you with our pocket books?.

I sure as hell wouldnt. Maybee a few of us(People with money to burn) would... But do you really want to help them do it?.

-------------------

...............Wait..hold up.....

"You" think "I" have an "ungracious attitude"(And here I was thinking you people couldnt get less petty) >>>> The person who wants a game based solely on "how rich I am" in real life, coupled with my skill as a gamer to determine how high on a leaderboard for competeing I would acheive.............Is trying to tell "me" the person who is trying to restrict myself from gaining an unfair/monetary advantage(That others dont have)........Calls "me"...."ungracious"......

You got issues dude.

--------------------

"
stkmro wrote:
Look here… nobody is doubting your support of ggg. I am certainly not doubting it and I think u r a great ggg supporter.

The only issue I dun agree with is about bringing your pre-conceived notion of “ethics” into the game. Ethics and morality is a relative term and they are constantly evolving concepts that are shaped together with the way society evolves with every passing generation.

What is considered as “not ethical” to walk around in bikinis along the beaches or nude sun-tanning or whatever etc etc in the past may not be the same in the present. Who are we to judge whether the value of game in the past is much higher? The sentiments of the gaming community are constantly evolving and the sentiments of the past generation of gamers certainly does not equate to the sentiments of the current generation.

You didnt doubt that, but I was just pointing it out for those who wished to reply as earlier someone was defameded for being a supporter.

---

"Ethics and equity and the principles of justice do not change with the calendar." David Herbert Lawrence

There are these things called "ethic's classes"....And they have been around since ...let me check.....

Since officialy "Aristotle 300 something BC" or somewhere around there...

And ever since then....Humanity has never lost a single virtue or ethic. As if you didnt know, ethics only grow and you can only aquire them or choose to ignore them. You either have them or you dont.

Which ethics "you" simply choose to ignore is your own problem, not mine or society's(Unless they all decide to ignore them).

And using ethics, money is not a "Natural" factor in a competition of time and skill as it has no universal law.
(Unless we were all under some communist world wide banner where everyone is paid equaly). Adding it would effectivly remove the equality or equal opportunity to win based on qualities that have universal law.

"
stkmro wrote:

I seriously dun see any “mass reduction in effort through use of rmah ingame” especially when there are items traded via rmah by both legitimate buyers and sellers (I am leaving out the resource farmers here). In fact I see a “mass increment of effort” when there is rmah.

Repitition ensue's....

""I seriously dun see any “mass reduction in effort through use of rmah ingame”""

Well that is a problem right there.... Everyone else seem's to understand buying something in 10 seconds because you have a rich daddy... compared to grinding your ass off for a week or two is completely different....

See where everyone but you is coming from?. No, well lets continue...

"Most" M/MORPG's.. And recently *Cough diablo 3*...
SELLING ITEMS OR IN GAME ADVANTAGES OF ANY KIND TO ANOTHER PLAYER USING REAL MONEY HAS BEEN CHEATING.......

Anyone you knew, who was doing this "BROKE THE RULES", they were all completely un-sportsmen like, obviously couldnt handle competing and so they "CHEATED" it was not ethical at all. And as such they were BAN HAMMAD! because they couldnt respect others and have fun like everyone else because they liked to think they were above the rules and as such everyone else. And just plain motherfogin lazy....."They wanted the reward/title without the effort" using nothing but there money to do nothing more than "Deceive People and Lie or cause harm"

And guess what? Noone for 1 second complained about the people selling and buying getting banned(Except for these people who got caught and were banned). Personaly I think they shouldve been publicly shamed....

What people were complaining about was "Why do people never stop trying to and successfully CHEATING!"
.....And the answer was simple....Because alot of people suck, cant handle it, feel entitled to revenge for their failures so they resort to underhanded tricks and others just wanted to illegally make money off another persons copyrighted content because they are criminals.

Now, how do we stop these criminals and punish those who support them?....Well, Someone came up with a solution(If you could call it that)......
Join them.....
And so now the people who were trying to defend you from criminals trying to ruin everyone's game....Have decided.....

"lets just make a RMAH aswell!!!!! We will ruin our own game so nooone will make profit off it but us, as it is our own creation."

Every deloveloper knew they could do that since the beginning of MMORPG'S or just MORPG's, but who the fog would want to join a game that is already COMPLETELY broken?(A "haven" for the cheater's we have all come to despise, who cannot play fair...And are more likely to use hacks to get their petty way now)?.

Everyone knew that. And they didnt do it for these exact reasons. People also knew some people got away with it, it sucked but it was fair..."Innocent untill proven guilty", there is a reason most people like the sound of it, because its fair.

Nobody wants a RMAH because it is the same as buying a defective game where the cheater's already decide the prices.

Alot of people will not be able to see around this point for good reason.

If you can overlook this and play a broken game, then that is your choice.

But as I made very clear earlier on.......RMAH, is just a way for the games security team to say "We wash our hands of this problem" and hand it over to you the gamers, while saying, "JUST DEAL WITH IT!".

Btw I am making a wall of text for a reason, try reading all of it. =D And not just selecting the parts you want to respond to and not the parts that discredit you.

If you still dont understand this....because you have said you couldnt....I cannot explain it to you further than this. Maybee someone with a degree in ethics would help ya.

lol

your views on ethics makes you look as if you are blabbering complete trash and rubbish.

your concepts of ethics shows that you are either insane and out of your mind… or you are just plain delusional.

ethics is a simply just concept (just like any other beliefs or knowledge) of the human thinking which definitely has to evolve together with the culture/tradition/history of every passing generation/civilization.

ethics isn't just confined to "Aristotle 300 something BC......blah blah blah.... all the nonsense that u have said in above post.... blah blah blah....". (i dun even understand why u r mentioning aristotle at all). i wonder what u study in school??? or have u ever been to school in the first place??????

in some countries where the laws are strict, they dun allow women to show skin and flesh and women have to cover up from head to toe in clothing. it's considered unethical (or even illegal) to show hands and legs in public. yet in countries like america/australia/etc,etc, women can walk around in almost any attire they want.

this clearly shows that concepts of ethic varies and changes according to country/society/each passing generation.

and with regards to rmah, what blizzard is implementing is something to foster legal transactions between legitimate buyers and legitimate sellers. it has nothing to do with facilitating transactions between legitimate players and gold farmers. it is not even meant for gold farmers in the first place. of course, i m very sure gold farmers are welcome to use rmah. but then again it is not created for the farmers and i am very sure the farmers will not even bother to touch the rmah. i have illustrated multiple times that if a farmer were to compete against hundreds of legitimate players to sell an immortal king, the price will probably drop to $1. which farmers in their right mind is going to use the rmah.

hence this rmah concept is the most innovative thing that blizzard has done for diablo 3.

and also you need to take note of one thing. rmah concept is completely different from micro-transactions. micro-transactions is something that the players buy an item from the game studio. rmah is something where legitimate player A buys an item from legitimate player B.

why is it innovative? because a lot of online game studios have micro-transactions. but no game studios (to my knowledge, correct me if i am wrong) have implemented rmah yet. blizzard is the first one to do so, and blizzard is making history...... and the whole world is watching...... to see how well it works. and i m definitely sure that it is not only going to work very well, it is also going to work extremely well in keeping out the gold farmers.

"
xxnoob wrote:
"
aaricia wrote:
"
xxnoob wrote:
This thread and any other RMAH thread should just be moved to Offtopic because the devs already stated that P2W systems like the RMAH will not be part of PoE.

By the same logic, any discussion on the usefulness of the passive skill tree should be off-topic because the decision of having a passive tree has been made ? what about the fact that no on-the-fly respec of the passive skill is allowed ? is that off-topic too ?

This is a beta and GGG wants feedback from the user base. Trading, AH, RMAH, passive tree all aspects of the game is up for discussion and feedback.

This is a thread discussing one of the most important aspect of AARPG which is loot and how do you trade loot. Are you going to trade via primitive channel spamming ? or a centralized dealing area like an AH ? or via 3rd party site ? Which currency is going to be used ? in-game currency ? orbs ? real money ?

I dont see how a discussion of all this is off-topic ?

This is basically a core aspect of the game and I am sure GGG and every developper is interested in all user opinions expressed here.

No that doesn't make any fucking sense.

Geeezz….. I guess reality is too hard to swallow and some guys out there juz can’t face the truth yeah??? Well, when a situation occurs and something happens, there are several ways of dealing with it.

1) one way is to look at things objectively and sensibly,
2) the other way is to behave like a total retard and sprouting nonsensical one-liners which doesn’t make any sense at all.

In case u dun get the drift…… let me break it down further and simplify it for u so that u can understand ---> behaving with the maturity of a 3-year old doesn’t get u very far……. not on the internet, and not in real life….. it only makes u look like a complete loser….

Ultimately…… as quite a number of posters out there has pointed out…. ----> the advantages that a player gets in playing the game depends on only a few factors… 1) luck, 2) friends/social factors/guilds, 3) time, 4) money

Rmah is the one of the best ways to re-balance out all the factors. Why is that so???

1) luck – nobody can help anybody if a player get lousy drops…

2) friends/social factors/guilds – if player has lousy social skills and dun have guild/frens to help, then no one can help the poor fella either….

3) time – some pple got time to play 16 hrs a day, some pple can only play 1 hr a day. the only way to make it as fair as possible for people to have equal time to play is if ggg is to implement a 1 hr/per day limit of playing the game such that when the 1 hr limit is up….. the monsters that the player kills do not give u any xps…. The monsters do not drop loots…… the quest does not complete when the player kills the boss, if the player is in a party and the 1 hr limit is up, the player stop contributing to the overall xp enhancement gains of the entire party. This effectively solves the problem of some players having more time than other players.

But then…. implementing this type of 1 hr limit system has severe impact which will lead to the declining popularity of the game. Unless there is global treaty between all the governments of all the nations which implements a law to mandate that all existing game studios of all nations must implement some kind of time censorship system (in order to make it fair competition for all the game studios out there across the board), then it is fair for ggg to implement time censorship.

4) money – the most controversial and topic sensitive factor out there. Rmah…. Which as many people has pointed out, people with some cash can get some extra help there…. Buyers buying items from sellers. But with thousands of buyers and sellers interacting and transacting with one another, the items… no matter rare the loot… prices will be pushed down to very low lvl such that unless the player is completely jobless, cashless, totally and completely cannot make it in real life, technically speaking the player should be able to participate in the various transaction activities (no matter how low/high the $$$ amount) of the rmah if he/she wishes to. example, if a person wants to buy something, maybe he/she is very poor and cannot buy the best, he/she can still participate and buy 2nd best or 3rd best, etc, etc, something like that.

Hence if luck and frens/social/guilds is something that everyone has to strive for themselves….. that leave behind 2 factors…. time and money.

If time is something such that that if an implementation is done to fix it, the game will be adversely/negatively impacted.

As for money, to make it fair for everybody, and when I mean everybody, I am including as well all those that:
1) those that have lots of time and no money….
2) those that have money and very little time….

Implement rmah is the best way to re-balance out all the 4 factors…… because essentially rmah is bridging the gap between those with time and no money and those with money and no time.
34pre98qua
Last edited by stkmro on May 6, 2012, 10:56:02 AM
No, please just no.
GGG have said that they do not support the "pay for power".

If you want to use real money for gear, Diablo 3 is your game.

As for an non ingame AH, yes I do support one of thouse, but not with RL money.

A RL AH could support you offering stuff that you have in your accunt, and then the seller can look at the offer and accept it or not.

As for people baying RL money to get gear, they are taking a chance with their own account and their own money. If they get hacked or their account is being emptied, well, tough luck. It is a chance they are taking.
Lost where no man has been lost before.
Last edited by ZtriDer on Apr 26, 2012, 5:12:45 AM
u r missing the point. farmers r going to be here to stay whether u like it or not. it is definitely going to be a problem and ignoring the problem will not make the problem go away.

the proper way to control a situation is to sandbox it right from the beginning b4 the fire becomes bigger. rmah is the proper way to solve this.

rmah in d3 will cause the numbers of farmers there to skyrocket down. with rmah, the profit margin of farming will nosedive and they will channel their resources to other games instead. if ggg implement rmah too, it will only bring more benefits than harm. it is a neccesary evil. there is no other better solution.

if u support poe, u shld also support ggg. would u rather see the %percent $$$ of item transactions go into pockets of farmers or into the pockets of ggg?

34pre98qua
GGG wants to place a fun game without pay-to-win elements in the game. This definitely is pay 2 win.

And introducing a auction house like that will NOT stop people from botting the game and farming massive ammounts of items, you'll just give them a legal platform to sell them on =/
Shoep - Default league Ranger
Peohs - Any other class or character i play.
Jhuvik - My Marauder
Merialeth - My witch
"
Shoep wrote:
GGG wants to place a fun game without pay-to-win elements in the game. This definitely is pay 2 win.

And introducing a auction house like that will NOT stop people from botting the game and farming massive ammounts of items, you'll just give them a legal platform to sell them on =/

You're simply getting gear that you can also get through playing the game. That is not Pay 2 win.

Not to mension that there is nothing to win.
The pvp system, the only place where you can 'win' has a built in gear rating. You will never be matched up with someone whose gear isn't very similar to yours.
If anything you'll just be placed against people with better gear who also have a higher chance of being better players.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 26, 2012, 5:51:01 AM
This is the last thing that needs to be mentioned here or anywhere.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
stkmro wrote:
u r missing the point. farmers r going to be here to stay whether u like it or not. it is definitely going to be a problem and ignoring the problem will not make the problem go away.

the proper way to control a situation is to sandbox it right from the beginning b4 the fire becomes bigger. rmah is the proper way to solve this.

rmah in d3 will cause the numbers of farmers there to skyrocket down. with rmah, the profit margin of farming will nosedive and they will channel their resources to other games instead. if ggg implement rmah too, it will only bring more benefits than harm. it is a neccesary evil. there is no other better solution.

if u support poe, u shld also support ggg. would u rather see the %percent $$$ of item transactions go into pockets of farmers or into the pockets of ggg?

How do you know there is no other solution? How do you know that no one in the future will find a good solution to this? I would rather say you are advocating your way to be able to buy good gear and are using farmers as an excuse to get it.

Yes I do understand that it can be a problem, but it will not be a problem for me. I will not be buying gold and I will not be the one putting my self in danger for baning or my bank account in danger from being emptied.

There are solutions to monitor people and the use of "valuta".
Lost where no man has been lost before.
"
stkmro wrote:
there should be a rmah for poe. ggg should implement a rmah in this game.

1) this will keep the illegitimate resource farmers away (or reduce the numbers or whatever).

2) players can have proper channel to trade items with one another with real $$$

3) ggg can profit from the rmah with listing fees and %percent commission of every item transaction

definitely there will be people out there who are opposed to the idea of rmah. but please take note that resource farmers are going to be here to stay no matter what happens.

every online game that is successful and has a sizable player base will definitely spawn a community of resource farmers. this is the unintended side effects of producing a "successful" game. if a game has no farmers, that means it has failed.

the current barter system with scrolls and orbs will not deter farmers. it is not possible. the wages of third world countries r so low that it is profitable to employ workers to farm non-stop 24/7 all the orbs and scrolls and items in this game. in an article somewhere out there, it is stated that even in prisons, prisoners r used (or forced) to do farming.

the only way to keep them out or to bring down the numbers is to introduce rmah. it is the only way. ggg, pls implement rmah for ur own good.

p2w are for losers, gtfo!
Its not gonna happen.
reason:-
http://www.pathofexile.com/press/release

And if they were to implement;
Why should they be liable to your "mistake" if your account is hacked?
Different country have different rules.
The risk it not worth for a F2P game.

What D3 have done is "legalised" it. Doesn't mean there wont be illegal selling of account. Unless part of the selling gains goes to GGG, I see no reason for them to risk "legalised" it.

And why should they spend more money into:-
protecting their system,
maintaining it,
backing up,
and lawyer fees, etc.

Instead, they can spent it on making the game better, adding content, etc.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Apr 26, 2012, 6:31:53 AM
"
You're simply getting gear that you can also get through playing the game. That is not Pay 2 win.

And exactly how is buying gear with cash not paying to win?

Farm and grind for X number of hours may or may not net you that uber item, buying it for cash money will...seems like a clear example of PTW to me.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info