[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

Fun build.

A couple changes I made that works well (for me anyway):

I changed the second Spellslinger setup in my boots to the following:

Bladefall - Spellslinger - Anomalous Blind - Divergent Onslaught

Divergent Onslaught now procs ALL the time, even on bosses. I noticed Frenzy just wasn't cutting it with onslaught support and rarely proc'd.

Because Awakened Spell Cascade is in my Poets Pen, clear/damage is still phenomenal and this setup is not as PC crushing. I still blind everything in my path and now have near permanent onslaught.

Regarding Frenzy, there are a couple neat choices that open up for 4th socket.

One is Fortify support, however from what I understand it is bugged with wands for some reason. Apparently it does still work with Frenzy but the buff icon is invisible. The other choice is Culling strike. More attack speed and an extra boss killing boost.

Anomalous Frenzy - Power Charge On Crit - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike (or Fortify)

This setup also frees up mana for a much higher level Precision if you so wish.

The other defensive setup I am using is: CWDT (L1) - Immortal Call (L3) & Purifying Flame

Works great and prevents a lot of heavy damage. Purifying Flame lets you stand your ground with a significant regen boost.

Damage is so insane with this build that I prefer this defensive setup over Wither spell totem.
Last edited by diablomix on Feb 2, 2021, 6:39:19 AM
"
diablomix wrote:
Fun build.

Divergent Onslaught now procs ALL the time, even on bosses. I noticed Frenzy just wasn't cutting it with onslaught support and rarely proc'd.

Because Awakened Spell Cascade is in my Poets Pen, clear/damage is still phenomenal and this setup is not as PC crushing. I still blind everything in my path and now have near permanent onslaught.

One is Fortify support, however from what I understand it is bugged with wands for some reason. Apparently it does still work with Frenzy but the buff icon is invisible. The other choice is Culling strike. More attack speed and an extra boss killing boost.

Anomalous Frenzy - Power Charge On Crit - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike (or Fortify)

The other defensive setup I am using is: CWDT (L1) - Immortal Call (L3) & Purifying Flame

Works great and prevents a lot of heavy damage. Purifying Flame lets you stand your ground with a significant regen boost.

Damage is so insane with this build that I prefer this defensive setup over Wither spell totem.

The consistency of onslaught can be an issue, but i wouldnt give up spell cascade for a slightly more uptime for onslaught, since we use spell slinger and we dont really super need a faster attack. I would rather have more blades than a more consistent onslaught tbh. The addition of culling strike tho, is pretty decent and i dont think fortify works because its not a melee hit(it specifically stats fortify on melee hit)

Consecrated ground is pretty decent usually, but kinda redundant here, considering we have alot of life gain on hit, the extra 6% life regen per second isnt substantial, considering the fact that every spell hit gives up to 30+life

I also wouldnt drop wither totem, wither is a staple for every single chaos build out there. My damage per blade went down from 324k to 183k without a wither set up. I would call that a huge substantial loss that isnt worth taking over a tiny bit of survivability(immortal call cwdt been trash since the nerf to phys immunity on immortal call)
Damage is enough, but wouldnt we want more damage to instant phase bosses instead of surviving slightly tiny bit better, but take double the time to phase/kill bosses
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
On a semi-related note, I managed to grab a spell crit+explode chest, really fun addition to the already great clear. Also, it has a global PCoC mod, which allows me to replace PCoC on Frenzy:

Spoiler

My initial thought is putting Withering Touch in place of PCoC, since I don't really feel the need for Cull. This would allow me to replace the totem for a golem or cwdt setup. What are your thoughts?
"
Astarift wrote:
"
diablomix wrote:
Fun build.

The consistency of onslaught can be an issue, but i wouldnt give up spell cascade for a slightly more uptime for onslaught, since we use spell slinger and we dont really super need a faster attack. I would rather have more blades than a more consistent onslaught tbh. The addition of culling strike tho, is pretty decent and i dont think fortify works because its not a melee hit(it specifically stats fortify on melee hit)

Consecrated ground is pretty decent usually, but kinda redundant here, considering we have alot of life gain on hit, the extra 6% life regen per second isnt substantial, considering the fact that every spell hit gives up to 30+life

I also wouldnt drop wither totem, wither is a staple for every single chaos build out there. My damage per blade went down from 324k to 183k without a wither set up. I would call that a huge substantial loss that isnt worth taking over a tiny bit of survivability(immortal call cwdt been trash since the nerf to phys immunity on immortal call)
Damage is enough, but wouldnt we want more damage to instant phase bosses instead of surviving slightly tiny bit better, but take double the time to phase/kill bosses

Good points. I am so use to playing melee that I have a hard time letting go of some melee tendencies XD.

This is my 1st spellslinger build. I have a +15 life gain ring. When you say 30+ life gained - I assume you mean because we hit with 2 spellslinger setups? Or am I mistaken.
Is bottled faith worth it for this build? or atziri flask give us more chaos damage and this boost is better?
"
BigGlebowskii wrote:
Is bottled faith worth it for this build? or atziri flask give us more chaos damage and this boost is better?

The biggest benefit bottled faith has is that its simply more damage, with the tiny bit of regen from the ground, also it has insane insane uptime. Atziri has shitty up time and doesnt really provide much defensive except for chaos damage leech. Personally and if budget permits, i always go bottled faith over atziri

"
diablomix wrote:

Good points. I am so use to playing melee that I have a hard time letting go of some melee tendencies XD.

This is my 1st spellslinger build. I have a +15 life gain ring. When you say 30+ life gained - I assume you mean because we hit with 2 spellslinger setups? Or am I mistaken.

In an ideal situation, we want 2 life gain on hit rings with the required mods. I did not get this because i was budgeting and i forgot to buy the 2nd ring with the life gain on hit mod. The mod rolls 13-16 on max i think, further buffed by catalyst. We only have 1 poet pen, 1 spellslinger bladefall and 1 blade blast spellslinger, nothing more
My Builds/Stream

Thanks for the advice again man, sorted my rings now and made this baby today

Sitting comfortably at 30 life gain on hit for spells
Last edited by Marragus on Feb 3, 2021, 12:59:19 AM
"
Marragus wrote:

and how did you make it ?
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
Marragus wrote:

easily craftable with an ilvl 84 shaped ring.

get the life gain on hit mod spamming alterations, regal, harvest craft the rest.
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
Marragus wrote:

easily craftable with an ilvl 84 shaped ring.

get the life gain on hit mod spamming alterations, regal, harvest craft the rest.

Another method is pristine, prismatic fossil and spam away
My Builds/Stream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info