[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

Mana question:

Look at the pob and see how much mana i reserve for each skill and the final calculations for the mana

Base = base mana reservation
At level 20, spellslinger base mana reservation is 25%, likewise at level 21 its 24%

I am ONLY assuming your spell slinger is max leveled, you dont need quality or alt quality or any sort of quality except a level 21 or level 20 spell slinger gem. Stop asking if this alt quality that alt quality is good, quality is useless for spellslinger for this build

On the main 6 link blade blast, we get X2.0592 mana reservation multiplier(on my 24% reservation level 21 gem), thats 49.4% mana
Counting in the reservation reduction on passive tree, my helm enchant, look at the screenshot, bladeblast reserves 36% mana

On the alternate 4 link bladefall, 25% X1.4 thats 35%
Counting in the reservation reduction on passive tree, my helm enchant, look at the screenshot, bladefall reserves 26% mana

Herald of agony is 25%
Counting in reservation reduction on tree, final amount is 22%

Precision is a flat amount, level comfortably, depends on your mana, 76 mana is 8.16% mana

26+36+22+8.16% = 92.16% mana reserved

If you legit have mana issues, dont level precision

If you still have mana issues, take out spell cascade on the alternate 4 link bladefall

If you still have mana issues, make sure you allocated the correct notables on the tree

If you still have mana issues, something is wrong and i cant save you, sometimes u gotta spot your own mistakes

Added this on the Faq section
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Last edited by Astarift on Nov 21, 2020, 11:53:01 AM
Hey man,

Build looks great. I read the FAQ about this versus the physical damage one. Was just wondering which would you recommend overall now? I'm leaning towards this version as the extra defense sounds nice.

Cheers mate
Last edited by Coatesy on Nov 23, 2020, 6:19:19 AM
"
Coatesy wrote:
Hey man,

Build looks great. I read the FAQ about this versus the physical damage one. Was just wondering which would you recommend overall now? I'm leaning towards this version as the extra defense sounds nice.

Cheers mate

This is easier to start and gear, the pure phys one kicks in slightly later, but ends stronger.

Although there isnt really much of a difference later on, but most of the time you can delete stuff faster on the pure phys version, whereas for the poison version, the stacking long duration poison kills bosses really well(even if you die, just stay on the screen and they will rapidly lose life)

This is definitely easier to use than the phys version
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
Coatesy wrote:
Hey man,

Cheers mate

This is easier to start and gear, the pure phys one kicks in slightly later, but ends stronger.

Although there isnt really much of a difference later on, but most of the time you can delete stuff faster on the pure phys version, whereas for the poison version, the stacking long duration poison kills bosses really well(even if you die, just stay on the screen and they will rapidly lose life)

This is definitely easier to use than the phys version

Great, thanks mate
Question about the curses. I got these for the build:

(Already wondering if it was worth sacrificing a good life roll on body armor to get these bells and whistles...)

Anyway, you recommend the double curse--what would you use as the second curse and how would you apply it?
"

(Already wondering if it was worth sacrificing a good life roll on body armor to get these bells and whistles...)

Anyway, you recommend the double curse--what would you use as the second curse and how would you apply it?

Not worth to lose the life, we are dangerously low on life

I did all content without a 2nd curse, killed sirus in p3 before he used his 3rd mechanic at A8, ill focus more on gem levels instead of 2nd curse unless you can get a good life roll

2nd curse is vulnerability in terms of potency. If you are going to use a stronger/higher lvl curse, always choose despair, vulnerability is slightly weaker

No temporal chains, we dont need to pad numbers by increasing poison duration further, we want more upfront damage
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"

Not worth to lose the life, we are dangerously low on life

I did all content without a 2nd curse, killed sirus in p3 before he used his 3rd mechanic at A8, ill focus more on gem levels instead of 2nd curse unless you can get a good life roll

2nd curse is vulnerability in terms of potency. If you are going to use a stronger/higher lvl curse, always choose despair, vulnerability is slightly weaker

No temporal chains, we dont need to pad numbers by increasing poison duration further, we want more upfront damage

Thank you! That's great feedback and I will certainly follow your advice. Definitely noted on the gem levels; i just bought some of those yesterday and am still getting them leveled back up.

I have to say I am really impressed with your guide's thoroughness in explaining all the mechanics I was unfamiliar with and especially all the support you've been giving here on the thread. Thanks for being awesome!
Does linking barrage support to frenzy help trigger bladefall/blade blast more often?
"
buttcommander wrote:
Does linking barrage support to frenzy help trigger bladefall/blade blast more often?

It does not, it is also pretty useless because of how barrage support works fundamentally
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
buttcommander wrote:

It does not, it is also pretty useless because of how barrage support works fundamentally

Can you explain a little? I remember using barrage support with volatile dead spellslinger, whats the difference? thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info