[3.12] Hexblast Archmage Ignite Trickster

"
cjbender wrote:
Can you do juiced t19 delirium with this build?

Hey I did not try it. I haven't played much more since I posted this build.

Mbextreme did a similar version but with ignite arc back in Delirium and he did 100% t16. I do way more damage than he did.

It should be possible but I wouldnt say its a comfortable.
how is hexblast applying lightning damage? I don't see any lightning damage source...
So, by which item/skill EE is being applied while hexblasting?
Last edited by surviktor on Oct 19, 2020, 1:19:18 AM
"
surviktor wrote:
how is hexblast applying lightning damage? I don't see any lightning damage source...

Through Sigil of Power.

"
surviktor wrote:

Archmage gives a bunch of flat lightning damage
Cool build, did you buy or craft that scepter? What is the order of importance for those mods?

I searched and there isn't anything too similar on the market, and the closest thing which falls short is $$$.

If you crafted, did you use fossils or what?

Also, perhaps a dumb question, but why do you use a scepter instead of a wand?
Last edited by Shmoo11 on Oct 31, 2020, 2:21:21 PM
"
Shmoo11 wrote:
Cool build, did you buy or craft that scepter? What is the order of importance for those mods?

I searched and there isn't anything too similar on the market, and the closest thing which falls short is $$$.

If you crafted, did you use fossils or what?

Also, perhaps a dumb question, but why do you use a scepter instead of a wand?

I bought the scepter. You want to look for high fire DoT multiplier and high flat mana with open prefix so you can craft % fire damage. Suffix does not matter too much.

Scepter is better than wand because of % elemental damage scales our ignite while % spell damage doesn't.
On POB, for ascendency, swift killer seems to add more dps than harness the void. Is there a reason to stick with harness the void?
"
Shmoo11 wrote:
On POB, for ascendency, swift killer seems to add more dps than harness the void. Is there a reason to stick with harness the void?

Swift Killer will generally be better for mapping as you will be killing mobs all the time.

Harness of the void is more consistent damage while bossing. You will not be able to generate charges reliably during certain boss fights.

Both are good options though so feel free to take whichever you like more.
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
Cleymant wrote:
Nice build !
Do you have a solution for Hexproof, or do you just avoid them ?

You can do hexproof maps normally. The enemies still gain doom, they are just not affected by the curse itself. Hexblast will do a bit less damage but its still fine.

Was this changed at some point?

In the original patch notes for 3.12 hexproof mosters did not gain doom and GGG even confirmed it on Reddit.

In my experience, hexproof monsters seem to take almost no damage from hexblast, presumably because they only take the base damage, unmodified by doom stacks.
It is only of my main reasons for not playing the skill more, as it seems to require Occultist to be reliable.
"
Spjak wrote:
"
Myraklus wrote:
"
Cleymant wrote:
Nice build !
Do you have a solution for Hexproof, or do you just avoid them ?

You can do hexproof maps normally. The enemies still gain doom, they are just not affected by the curse itself. Hexblast will do a bit less damage but its still fine.

Was this changed at some point?

In the original patch notes for 3.12 hexproof mosters did not gain doom and GGG even confirmed it on Reddit.

In my experience, hexproof monsters seem to take almost no damage from hexblast, presumably because they only take the base damage, unmodified by doom stacks.
It is only of my main reasons for not playing the skill more, as it seems to require Occultist to be reliable.

Hmmm I see, must have missed this. I am quite sure that you can do hexproof maps fine. A lot of the damage comes from archmage anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info