Unofficial Path of Exile Mac Client - Download - v.2 Released

"
Hjalte wrote:
Okay so last night I tried to play it and i got the D3DERR_INVALIDCALL error so I reloaded the game and tried turning down all the video options to maybe fix that, in doing so the game just blacked out and there was no way for me to exit the game so i had to manually shut down my computer.

Today after re loading it I'm now getting the error

"The pack file has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation"

Any idea how to fix these issues and how to successfully change the video options?

If the pack file is corrupted, you need to replace Content.ggpk by deleting and re-downloading it (delete the file the run PoE.app and it starts downloading) or just use an older backup from Time Machine for example.
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
Hjalte wrote:
Okay so last night I tried to play it and i got the D3DERR_INVALIDCALL error so I reloaded the game and tried turning down all the video options to maybe fix that, in doing so the game just blacked out and there was no way for me to exit the game so i had to manually shut down my computer.

Today after re loading it I'm now getting the error

"The pack file has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation"

Any idea how to fix these issues and how to successfully change the video options?

If the pack file is corrupted, you need to replace Content.ggpk by deleting and re-downloading it (delete the file the run PoE.app and it starts downloading) or just use an older backup from Time Machine for example.

Yep, as for the D3DERR_INVALIDCALL, it seems my wrappers are not compatible with some hardware/osx configurations, causing this error. I can't say exactly to which configuration but I would guess to OSX 10.6.8 with combination of specific cards (radeon)... but that is the guess.

Basically that error means your card cannot render.

Also without the logs I can't tell much more.
Last edited by julus on Aug 23, 2012, 8:37:33 PM
i want a key!
Managed to launch it on my iMac (late 2011), though I see some graphical artefcats sometimes. How can I try a newer version of Wine? Maybe 1.5.0 can do better?
i r russian
"
deni_ wrote:
Managed to launch it on my iMac (late 2011), though I see some graphical artefcats sometimes. How can I try a newer version of Wine? Maybe 1.5.0 can do better?

odd versions are developer version. I tryied 1.5.11 but you get glitches instantly as you change location.

Anyway the glitches occurs on windows as well, so this is a game bug, and developers are trying to fix it. Currently I want to wait for 0.9.12 or 0.9.11(x) which should fix those glitches and crashes on windows.
gosh, wrong thread entirely. sorry x.x
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 27, 2012, 4:02:29 PM
I'm downloading right now, just wanted to try it out since I'm growing tired of rebooting into boot camp all the time.

Isn't the downloader a bit odd? The info says (it keeps counting): 1180% speed 8MB/sec 3.88GB of 332.02MB.

Edit: It have it up running now, it runs okay. A few lag spikes once in a while, but it's a pretty good job. It will fit perfectly when I just wanna play for a short while without rebooting :)

I am running on the lowest graphics, in boot camp I can use highest. It's not so smooth, so I will give it a try for some time, but it might probably be better just using boot camp.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Aug 28, 2012, 8:59:25 AM
"
ongZ wrote:
I'm downloading right now, just wanted to try it out since I'm growing tired of rebooting into boot camp all the time.

Isn't the downloader a bit odd? The info says (it keeps counting): 1180% speed 8MB/sec 3.88GB of 332.02MB.

Edit: It have it up running now, it runs okay. A few lag spikes once in a while, but it's a pretty good job. It will fit perfectly when I just wanna play for a short while without rebooting :)

I am running on the lowest graphics, in boot camp I can use highest. It's not so smooth, so I will give it a try for some time, but it might probably be better just using boot camp.

V2 Ops wrapper , and V2 mine wrapper uses old launcher with this bug.
V3 has this fixed. The problem with smoothness is probably caused by the game, because it uses only one big file for game content, and OS X does not like big files in certain conditions.
julus, thx for your work and for keeping in touch!
i r russian
Last edited by deni_ on Aug 28, 2012, 12:29:48 PM
"
CheerfulMal wrote:
Whenever I use either of the julus wrappers, the login screen loads all the text elements and the frames properly, but none of the 3D graphics are in the background, which is all black. If I log in, it goes to the character select menu, but the background is still all black. When I select a character, it goes to the loading screen, which looks normal, then I get an Exception: "Unable to create Vertex shader. D3DERR_INVALIDCALL Invalid call." When I use the original poster's wrapper, everything loads fine and the towns look great, but the graphics freak out once I enter an instance and start using graphically demanding skills like auras and Lightning Strike. My Marauder either starts running around like the invisible man with only his gear visible or it looks like a rock golem is superimposed over him. I'm using a fresh out of the box MacBook Air with 8GB RAM installed. Thank you for all the help, I've played the game on other systems and really appreciate those who are trying to make it accessible to the Apple community.

"
julus wrote:
And this one happens when GLSL rendering is not used, the used engine might be missing information about your graphics card so it would fallback to old ARB, try to launch winetricks and under settings set UseGLSL=Enabled.

This fix seems to have worked perfectly. No problems at all so far. Thanks, julus!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info