Unofficial Path of Exile Mac Client - Download - v.2 Released

Just wanted to say, thanks for all the help answering my noob questions with this!

Not sure if it's helpful to you guys at all but;

The new wrapper - I can create new characters and load characters within act 1 fine and have played for 30 mins or so with no problems basically aside from a few apparently random crashes...but I tried to load a level 27 character and it crashes immediately. I can post the error report thing if that's of any help.

The sound works great and the loading times aren't any slower (aside from the initial game load up to the login screen) The frame-rate is slightly lower than running bootcamp PC and the textures on the ground you can see lots of little diamond shapes everywhere.

Apologies for my absolute noob explanation of that, and I don't even know if it was worth mentioning any of it...but just thought i'd share just in-case.
iMac 3.4 ghz i7 quad core, 16MB ram, AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB gddr5
"
b7ad wrote:
The new wrapper - I can create new characters and load characters within act 1 fine and have played for 30 mins or so with no problems basically aside from a few apparently random crashes...but I tried to load a level 27 character and it crashes immediately. I can post the error report thing if that's of any help.

The sound works great and the loading times aren't any slower (aside from the initial game load up to the login screen) The frame-rate is slightly lower than running bootcamp PC and the textures on the ground you can see lots of little diamond shapes everywhere.

Does the game crash while you are loading the higher level character or can you actually get to the action screen and then it crashes for example when you are leaving town?

Logs are always helpful in solving problems ;) Remember to use
Spoiler
if you copy them here.

Starting the game can take around 2 minutes, but travelling between instances should be quick now, even with slower computers.
"
krifFinn wrote:
"
b7ad wrote:

Does the game crash while you are loading the higher level character or can you actually get to the action screen and then it crashes for example when you are leaving town?

Logs are always helpful in solving problems ;) Remember to use
Spoiler
if you copy them here.

Starting the game can take around 2 minutes, but travelling between instances should be quick now, even with slower computers.

The game crashes during the loading screen before it manages to load into the actual game itself.

I will try to post a log in here as a spoiler ofc when I get home.

The loading at the start is no problem whatsoever, it takes a fair while on PC as well, and yes the traveling between instances seems as fast as when I am running on bootcamp windows.
iMac 3.4 ghz i7 quad core, 16MB ram, AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB gddr5
Well well well. Today I played from Windows and guess what i have found. Every issue you are posting there (well except the D3D Invalid call :)

Crash while character loading - Check
Crash during gameplay in d3dx9_42.dll - Check
Graphical glitches - Check.
Stuttery perfomance (lags) - Check

Well, from my point of view, trying to fix this issues in the wrapper is pointless. We can only delay them.

And by the way, I have a really bad day with both of my wrappers, V3 began to glitch after 2 hours of gameplay. Interestingly the game restart nor OSX restart did not helped (as well as gc 1 option).
V2 Glitched right from beggining - And that's the reason why I was playing on Windows today (for the first time)...

BTW: I've got the Windows glitches confirmed ingame by another players too, so definitely game bug, but although rare on windows, pretty common on OSX, but still the same issue.
"
julus wrote:
Well well well. Today I played from Windows and guess what i have found. Every issue you are posting there (well except the D3D Invalid call :)

Crash while character loading - Check
Crash during gameplay in d3dx9_42.dll - Check
Graphical glitches - Check.
Stuttery perfomance (lags) - Check

Well, from my point of view, trying to fix this issues in the wrapper is pointless. We can only delay them.

And by the way, I have a really bad day with both of my wrappers, V3 began to glitch after 2 hours of gameplay. Interestingly the game restart nor OSX restart did not helped (as well as gc 1 option).
V2 Glitched right from beggining - And that's the reason why I was playing on Windows today (for the first time)...

BTW: I've got the Windows glitches confirmed ingame by another players too, so definitely game bug, but although rare on windows, pretty common on OSX, but still the same issue.

So Windows is in no way better... shhh... some people may not tolerate that haha :)

But yeah, for a long time also I have encountered some crashes. Basically the same you just mentioned. But overall the crashes are not too frequent, the game still gives a lot of enjoyment.

"julus (and all the other Mac users out there...)

This is slightly OT, but are there any other games that you currently and successfully play through Wine? I'm talking mostly about games that are a bit older, like Fallout 2.
Last edited by krifFinn on Aug 23, 2012, 4:33:07 AM
"
krifFinn wrote:

So Windows is in no way better... shhh... some people may not tolerate that haha :)

But yeah, for a long time also I have encountered some crashes. Basically the same you just mentioned. But overall the crashes are not too frequent, the game still gives a lot of enjoyment.

"julus (and all the other Mac users out there...)

This is slightly OT, but are there any other games that you currently and successfully play through Wine? I'm talking mostly about games that are a bit older, like Fallout 2.

Of course there are, even a new games, for example I have successfully ported Legend of Grimrock (Dungeon Master like game), also Mass Effect and other games were Unofficially ported by community. As for the companies, CD Projekt Red used the wineskin wrapper for official port of Witcher (that was a bit fail because they used a really old wine, but it works).

Take look on Porting Team you will be surprised how many games are unofficially ported to Mac.
Oooh...thanks for the link. Looks quite promising: Ports for Fallout 2, Diablo 2, Warcraft 2... just some of the fabulous games I used to play before OS X Lion came and dropped support for PPC apps.

But this is exactly what I was trying to say. I'm not so much into newer games, but these classics...oh man...

Last edited by krifFinn on Aug 23, 2012, 5:06:36 AM
Is there any chance to get a beta-key to try launching this port on my Mac? Or should try to get one myself? :)

Upd: iMac '21, late 2011, ATI HD 6850 (as far as i can remember), the client launched fine. Didn't try to log in yet though
i r russian
Last edited by deni_ on Aug 24, 2012, 2:11:53 AM
Okay so last night I tried to play it and i got the D3DERR_INVALIDCALL error so I reloaded the game and tried turning down all the video options to maybe fix that, in doing so the game just blacked out and there was no way for me to exit the game so i had to manually shut down my computer.

Today after re loading it I'm now getting the error

"The pack file has corruption that can be fixed by running reclamation"

Any idea how to fix these issues and how to successfully change the video options?
Also in regards to the above post, League of Legends has a great port, been working flawlessly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info