What We're Working On

Love the idea behind Marks, but they're currently rather clunky. Besides the whole "Prioritize the rare/unique enemy if you cast it on a group and aren't 100% accurate" that many people have suggested, maybe a boost to duration (e.g. "Duration is doubled when on a rare/unique enemy")? They also seem very awkward to gain/maintain charges compared to the previous incarnation - maybe make it so that killing a marked rare/unique gives multiple charges or allows you to exceed the normal charge duration?

Would also be interesting if there was a keystone or other way to turn marks into auras that automatically targeted nearby rares/uniques.
I've played Shattering Steel to level 89 now and have found the skill to be very anti-synergistic with itself.

The skill is designed to be played strictly at point blank range, but when you do that it's just a namelock single target melee skill with melee splash. What's the point?

You can use GMP or Volley Support to help clear but then you do zdps and have to gem swap. The only reason the skill is playable at all is because Call of Steel is insanely good and splashes everything (the old "area damage is king" rule of Diablo 3.) You can't run it as your single target skill in a build that uses flicker to jump around (like in Dual Strike/Double Strike builds) because you have the wrong damage type.

My last hope for the skill is reduced AoE scaling with mega AoE damage scaling and Vengeant Cascade. If it works like it's worded your AoEs wouldn't get the damage bonus though. You pre-nerfed the skill down from 5 projectiles to 3 so I'm hoping there's a reason.
Did they already fix reward chest from killing you if you don't press V?
Here is my feedback for Crackling Lance:
It seems like half of the interactions which were announced / previed are not working properly.
The effects of intesify at least arn't shown in the character menu. The damage of the skill stays the same in the tooltip regardless of the intensify stages you accumulated.
If you link CL with spellecho the current stage of CL is repeated insted of advanced to the next one like shown in the preview video. In the preview CL was clearly linked to spellecho, indicated by the "k" on the skillicon.
Inc AoE / Conc. effect dont affect the AoE of CL. Concentrated effect gives you the damage bonus (which is nice) but without any drawbacks and increased AoE wont provide any benefit.

I would say CL in it's current stage is a worse Arc :( Arc provides excellent map clear but lacks in single target a bit. CL is rather "bad" at both. You have to move constantly if you want to keep your big AoE, which opens you up for projectiles or fast running monsters and if you want to fire your laser (stage 4 CL) you have to stand still for a rather long time, which allows monsters to sneak up from the sides / behind. On the plus side: CL provides better boss damage than arc (personal feeling / not proven)
I was running heists after the change and I can pretty much kill everything and open every chest without setting off the alarm. That might have been what a lot of people want, but it is definitely less fun. I worked around it and strategically killed enemies, ran past other, used decoy totems for some. As far as opening doors, set out a totem, use area control, and don't get blasted! I might be in the minority but I enjoyed that aspect more than just mindless free loot, which we can get in other parts of the game. Hopefully as the league progresses we have heists that require some strategy.
Hello,

Been playing with a Crackling Lance crit assassin build since day 1 of the league, and I played Arc Witch 2 leagues ago.

I feel that Arc was much more consistent in terms of damage for magic / rare mobs, and easier to fight with for bossing. No loss of intensity when moving, so you can kite + zap while dodging boss attacks.

However, Crackling Lance feels weak even at max intensity for certain monsters - mainly those with Elemental or Lightning Resistance. Even at max intensity, it often requires 20 beams just to take down a yellow monster. Add in running around for boss fights, and the intensity loss makes the skill feel even weaker.

This is also while using the Sigil of Power skill, which I feel should have a bit more synergy with Crackling Lance than it does at the moment. One way to achieve this would be to add some sort of defensive bonus for standing still and casting/powering up Lance and Sigil, otherwise most fights in the game are stacked heavily towards minions / damage over time / movement skill builds, as it allows players to freely attack and kite at the same time.

The only place where I've felt Lance has some advantage over Arc is when fighting packs of invulnerable monsters - I can easily target the originating monster with the beam as it goes through everyone, as opposed to Arc where I had no control of who it hit or chained to.

Thanks,

petri
Good to hear you are doing things. Mixed feelings about the league so gar.
Playing blazing salvo, and it has underwhelming dps compared fireball. But it is kinda fun. Somewhat fixed the high manacost with cast while channelling. Pinpoint Support doesnt really do mich other than wasting a slot, because intensity has issues.

Firestorm is a Joke. 1\10th the dps of fireball and barely scaling. Aoe is small by comparison and Limit of 3 Tops it Off.
Visually it looked good. Practically unplayable skill.

Also barely any alt gems from heists\blueprints
Playing ssf in maps. Parts of heist are fun. Lots of Bugs though. Keep it going
"
grayscaler wrote:
crackling lance damage feels very lackluster
it starts off VERY well in story mode but upon reaching higher levels it drops off VERY hard and becomes all but incapable of killing rares and bosses(it does not feel like it is ramping with intensity correctly)

the beam width also feels incredibly small (even on 4 intensity with the extra +2 width it supposed to get) making it much more difficult to hit targets then it feels like it should be

Honestly for me its the other way aroudn I feel 4 stage is to long for max and is clunky as fuck while leveling. Probably end game with lets say pledge and a lot of cast speed, it probably feels better

I totally agree with the width of the beam, should be twice as large.

Thanks for "unexpected disconnect" number xxx during Heist, loosing 6l armour etc.

Hotfix 5 and still unstable as fuck
Pls GGG get Heist in a "NORMAL" state.

stop putting out exaggerated content. Its simply absurd.
Dont get me wrong here. Challenging? OK! but not like this its not fun.

Since Metamorph u keep doing this anoying thing.

I apcreciate this game alot and your hard work thats why I do care and leave a comment.

TUNE IT DOWN PLS!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info