What We're Working On

crackling lance damage feels very lackluster
it starts off VERY well in story mode but upon reaching higher levels it drops off VERY hard and becomes all but incapable of killing rares and bosses(it does not feel like it is ramping with intensity correctly)

the beam width also feels incredibly small (even on 4 intensity with the extra +2 width it supposed to get) making it much more difficult to hit targets then it feels like it should be
I love you guys and everything you do, keep it up!
~`Kisses`~
It's nice that GGG is making all these changes but it's ridiculous that we still get bugged doors in grand heists all the time(I do at least and I have heard of many others). I mean 3 patches have been released and that bug stil persists. I really think that they should reduce the scope of the leagues that they are making but actually make sure that they work at 95-99% upon release. What is the point of the fancy voice acting and interesting characters if you can't even play the game.
"
keonigseg wrote:
It's nice that GGG is making all these changes but it's ridiculous that we still get bugged doors in grand heists all the time(I do at least and I have heard of many others). I mean 3 patches have been released and that bug stil persists. I really think that they should reduce the scope of the leagues that they are making but actually make sure that they work at 95-99% upon release. What is the point of the fancy voice acting and interesting characters if you can't even play the game.

Same. After losing 2 grand heists due to bugged doors i'm afraid to actualy run the league content.
I don't understand how something so obvious passed their pre launch check.
That,and npcs getting stuck between players and minions and not doing their job if we don't move.
Crackling Lance damage seems kinda off while mapping. With >20k in tooltip it sometimes takes 3-4 casts(with spell echo) to kill white mobs in Tier 1 map.

Lancing Steel is still broken. It looks like it ignores Projectile bonuses. While Shattering Steel has ~25k in tooltip now, the same build with the same support gems but with Lancing Steel has ~8k. It's not even able to deal with white mobs properly.
Last edited by kierny on Sep 23, 2020, 9:29:23 AM
Hi!
First of all, great work with the league! I don't share Reddits opinion and am a little bit sad to see Alert level on guard kill go. That said, the content is good and I love the new replica uniques!

Small suggestion for splitting steel skill. May I suggest adding a melee tag or add an initial impact before bounce? The splitting steel skill plays and feels like a pure phys/Impale frost blades alternative, but with less potential for wonky and fun interactions due to the lack of melee tag.

Alternatively make a threshold jewel making Frost Blades into like Steel Blades pure phys+Impale version instead of Conversion+Freeze version.

Thanks for the hard work and hang in there! You guys att GGG are awesome!
I can't believe that the heist door bugs/rogue behaviour weren't noticed at all before release. How is that possible? It happens so often that it had to be noticed.

The fact that people are getting gimped by effects/skills that can barely be seen at all or come from offscreen made me lol given that this issue has been brought up multiple times in the past. If you tested this league mechanic at all, you all forgot to turn god mode off.

The stairs made me sigh, not a huge or important issue at all but you done the exact same thing last league and had to fix it, why do it again?

On death effects, as is tradition, massively over-tuned and barely noticeable visually. Another issue that's been addressed in the past and somehow repeated again here. I'm sure you purposely make them difficult to see and over-tune the damage at this point just to be annoying.

I'm sorry but I had to register my disappointment with the repeated mistakes and the barely functional league content. This has been the most disappointing league launch by far for me.

I've no doubt that you'll fix it and it'll be great, but damn this is embarrassingly bad.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
"
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems"
This is a great meme but we acknowledge that there were issues with the launch. It wasn't perfect by any means. We're sorry about the issues that have prevented people playing the content smoothly and we are working to fix them as quickly as we can.

Thanks for acknowledging this. Also please buff firestorm, needs more damage AND duration.
(🌸=◡=)
"
grayscaler wrote:
crackling lance damage feels very lackluster
it starts off VERY well in story mode but upon reaching higher levels it drops off VERY hard and becomes all but incapable of killing rares and bosses(it does not feel like it is ramping with intensity correctly)

the beam width also feels incredibly small (even on 4 intensity with the extra +2 width it supposed to get) making it much more difficult to hit targets then it feels like it should be

And I thought it was my build that was bad :D.
I don't know if it is a bug but even in the tooltipp you don't see the dps increase with intensity support. It says it increases but the numbers doesn't show it.
I hope this is a bug and after a fix the skill will feel great.
I didn't expect to say this, but I really love the Steel skills. Shattering Steel especially is by far my favorite.

However, there are some minor QoL tweaks I would really like to see.

1. Call of Steel has too long of a cast time.

Make the Call of Steel either baseline as fast as with Lord of steel, or just straight up instant. It simply does not work without this considering how often you want to use it.

2. Shard charges from Call of Steel stop generating as soon as you use a Steel attack.

Let the charges from Call of Steel keep accumulating even if you use an attack. Having it stop as soon as you attack just feels wrong and frustrating.
Although, that being said, being good at weaving it inbetween attacks and dodges does feel satisfying as it introduces a skill factor to it.

3. There is a massive difference between single and multiple targets.

The damage scales too much with the amount of mobs you are facing, to the point that you want to drag tough mobs/bosses into other packs whenever you can. Fights with no adds or adds that dissepear when killed give you nothing and just takes a lot longer and feel sluggish.

If we could do proper shotgun, where all projectiles/explotions could hit the same target from one attack, it would be great wihout being over the top. It would be more rewarding considering the risk of being so close to a boss/enemy to make it happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info