What We're Working On

"
HazaRdReborN wrote:
"
Noxnox wrote:
Steel skills Balance

They need something more. There are a lot of feedbacks posted already so I won't write to much about it

My main issue are :

- It feel clunky to use, with call of steel on CD + animation stop the character, it feel bad to use.

- You have to be pretty much to be at close range (even with fork/chain/GMP...ect) everytime so the clearspeed feel clunky. Except maybe for splitting steel but his single target is lackluster.

They are way to counter that clunky feeling but you have to invest a lot in order to make it work (eg: explody chest, awakener/alternate gems) witch not a good thing IMO.

Keep up the good work GGG,
much love

Disagree. I hope they don't touch it. Works great and makes Lord of Steel gem work just fine.

Each skill has a different quality to it. You wan't clear speed, use Shattering Steel. You do it right and it completely vanishes an entire group of mobs with 2 clicks (1 the skill, 1 the Call of Steel). Its only drawback on that skill is that it is not a boss killer, and yet again, done right with impales and bleeds, it is still a very good and viable skill. In the right circumstances, as in mobs running around a boss, it can almost one shot them in those cases too.

I see no reason for them to change the CoSteel animation either. Its fast enough. And again, with Lord of Steel jewels you can increase the aoe and damage or cast speed depending on which way you want to go.

I think you might be doing something wrong with your CoS if it ain't working as intended. (Some hints, Point Blank, Iron Grip, The Impaler passives, Vicious Projectiles and Brutality supports, and there are few more things you can do but I'll leave it there for a start, and watch it clear mobs like crazy)

If you need a jewel to fix it's problem, the skill probably isn't good to begin with. Splitting is alright but I hope that it's initial projectile can be modified, and shattering's auto detonation range standardized and not random. But lancing steel right now is just a weaker barrage with extra steps. You could just make a impale barrage build and it would work better than lancing steel
"
Beregondz wrote:
Void Sphere: I like it so far as a defensive mechanic, but some monsters types seem to get out of it or outright ignore it too easily, especially the ones with movement skills; I kinda don't see the reason for it to suck in corpses without any additional effect, it just makes it hard to use for builds with skils/passives based on them, there are already many other ways to get rid of corpses if needed.

I've been exploring this skill a lot myself. I have noticed some enemies outright ignore the movement hindering effect or it's so small there's no notable difference.

I have found it to be a very cool new method to apply EE however. Not the base version mind you but the alternate quality one with 40% less duration 40% reduced cooldown. Brings the skill down to roughly 5.5 Duration on a 4s CD with Second Wind Support 4-link.

It can have 100% up time in heavy fights or bosses and IMO beats any of the previous spell methods to tweak EE with damage given it's still half base Physical. I plan to use the new +2s Arcane Surge Support with it so that will also have 100% up time.

As a 4-link it's also got a pretty decent mana cost so you can get away with a lvl 12 or so Arcane Surge proc on each cast.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Sep 23, 2020, 8:31:01 AM
Bug/ Call of steel
Always attack without moving gets deselected everytime you change zones with the Call of steel skill
once again Bex you the best man!!
Nice.

About the skills:

Steelskills still feel subpar and seem constricted in their ways to get them going somewhat.

Crackling Lance.... well, its great, except its not. I love the design but it feels way clunkier than even Divine Ire and that says a lot. Needs improvements regarding its stacking mechanic in my opinion.

Void Sphere looks great, but I'm still struggling to find a really good fit/use for it in builds as is.

Hexblast and Firestorm seem to be ok with scaling damage over time. This feedback concerns Flameblast and Armageddon Brand as well. Ignite is always easy peasy to scale while hit style builds fall off or do not get going at all. I would like to see that matter addressed, as it could enrich the variety of builds and their balance.

Great work so far and I'm sure it's gonna be terrific with all this extra effort being put into Heist.
Last edited by Aeshma on Sep 23, 2020, 8:33:31 AM
Can someone explain how splitting steel got released without working properly? Like how does a new skill get tested? Its great having a new league every 3 months but lets be real guys, its not enough time or you don't test enough.

Like the first week is always fixing game crashes (ok i can get this as you cant test every PC ever) but the other stuff like Heists not working and being buggy as shit is just unacceptable. Good thing all those new MTX from your gamble box got released without problems!
This has been a frustrating League and also one of the funnest I can remember. Crashes are tough and quite frequent enough that i couldn't stream launch... NEVERTHELESS! The story, simplicity, as well as the complexity of the new Heist mechanics is FANTASTIC! Im always slow to play the new stuff bc it takes so much time learning all the new mechanics especially to be efficient at it Not this time i feel like it fits right in and is very accommodating. The Story and characters feel so natural that they feel as though they'v been around the whole time. you feel like you know them and want to get though this with them... For instance when I failed Tibbs "Opal jewels" quest I legit felt bad that he lost all his money due to me failing. (AFK for coffee I know filthy casual) This is a first for me with a league mechanic the investment emotionally into the characters. Anyway Im usually a pretty critical critic and when its done well you should hear it from the base ... so Im here. We appreciate your hard work in the middle of all this craziness you guys rock keep up the Transparency and we will follow you till the end!
Slaying Monsters Increasing The Alert Level
We killed this. It's not a thing anymore.

BTW this is a terrible idea.
By doing this you're removing the entire underline point of the league and turning heist into a "pick the boxes" game.

If you're going through with this anyways I'd recommend making patrols have greatly increased threat for alerting them.

Other options would be to remove NPC to NPC response. I've noticed either through bug or intended that the Heist NPCs don't aggro enemies even when they hit them. If I run off they don't aggro. Make this true for summons.

A better alternative IMO is to have each enemy treated as an object instead of an NPC unit until they're aggro'd. This will prevent any summons or heist members from engaging with them unless the player causes it via proximity. It would also prevent chain / skill mechanics causing aggro. That way it's 100% based on the player's movement.

Players should be rewarded for not charging through a heist like the rest of the game.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Sep 23, 2020, 9:05:06 AM
When used with totems, Crackling Lance feels like it should gain stacks of Intensity, but it just doesn't. It feels... okay, but also that a large portion of what makes the skill 'unique' is just straight up missing when on totems right now.

Otherwise, great job with what you guys are doing!
Podgers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info